WTF happened to Linkin Park?

• Re: WTF happened to Linkin Park?

LP had stated that their new album would be completely unlike everything they've done in the past. They gave their fans fair warning, probably to prevent people going online on forums and saying "OMGWTFBBQSAUCE what's this crap?!" ;)
      The band said it was different, it is different, and so you should have expected it.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

artizhay wrote:

LP had stated that their new album would be completely unlike everything they've done in the past. They gave their fans fair warning, probably to prevent people going online on forums and saying "OMGWTFBBQSAUCE what's this crap?!" ;)
      The band said it was different, it is different, and so you should have expected it.

THANK YOU!!!!

At least I wasn't the only one who payed attention to that!

By the way, now that the album is out, what is everyone's opinion of it?
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Blog: http://jamierandallphotography.wordpress.com/[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Youtube: youtube.com/WellThatWasAwkward91 [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Tombgeek wrote:

Linkin' Park is overhyped in my opinion. They are not the best band ever. But I will not argue that their album Hybrid Theory was brilliant. But they've change ever since the release of Minutes To Midnight.
      They'll go back to their roots once they realize they are not giving the fans what they want. I'm not going to waste my money of their new album. I've got my eyes on this:

I just wanted to throw in that that I found this album was the epitome of bland. It sounded like Indestructible, except less good.

I honestly like this new Linkin Park sound from the album. Its refreshing; at least they didn't make the same shit over and over again. I enjoyed the transitions, which were great and good. The album as a whole flowed together pretty good. Although there is little "single material" in it, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Panama ().

Sometimes you have to adapt to the style of music around you, personally LP is one of the best bands in general I've ever heard and they've always been known for their great performances in concerts, they're known for being one of the better on stage bands.

I think they've won two Grammy awards and have sold over 50 million albums, which Hybird Theory sold ten million plus of, that puts them in great company as far as rock goes in general, specifically for 'alternative' rock they've set the bar for a lot of bands. There's not many Alternative bands that have done this, calling them over rated might not be your safest bet.

I respect them for attempting a new style of music though, personally I don't dislike it. It's pretty decent for me.

Panama wrote:

I just wanted to throw in that that I found this album was the epitome of bland. It sounded like Indestructible, except less good.

I honestly like this new Linkin Park sound from the album. Its refreshing; at least they didn't make the same shit over and over again. I enjoyed the transitions, which were great and good. The album as a whole flowed together pretty good. Although there is little "single material" in it, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Meh, Asylum is a good album in my opinion, although I do admit that some of the songs are a bit average. Most of the songs after Track 6 are a bit bland (being a long Disturbed fan. I guess you would think it would be the best damn thing ever if this was the first time you heard Disturbed), but it is a great album none the less.

Linkin Park's new album may be a refreshing change from what they used to do, but I still feel that they did not do it so well. Minutes To Midnight at least was on the right track when it came to experimenting with different styles.
      "The Catalyst"...is not that good. It is average. I'm sorry, that is how I feel. If I wanted a religious preaching, I would buy an album from Hillsong. Perhaps I am being a bit ignorant because I have not heard the full album, but from the songs that I have heard, I'm not impressed. But hey, if you like it, then like it. I just feel it could have been so much better, especially because Linkin Park is one of the most popular rock bands ever.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Cade wrote:

I think they've won two Grammy awards and have sold over 50 million albums, which Hybird Theory sold ten million plus of, that puts them in great company as far as rock goes in general, specifically for 'alternative' rock they've set the bar for a lot of bands. There's not many Alternative bands that have done this, calling them over rated might not be your safest bet.

I respect them for attempting a new style of music though, personally I don't dislike it. It's pretty decent for me.

True, they have done more for rock than most modern rock bands. They are a good band. But some people have the mentality that Linkin Park is the ONLY good band. People like me feel that, even though they are a great band, they are not our favourites. Personally, I prefer Skillet and 30 Seconds to Mars.
      Bands like Skillet have been nominated for a Grammy, and see how underrated they are.
      Linkin Park maybe is a victim of its own success. We know Linkin Park as an alternative band, and with their new style, it is a bit of a shock to the system to those who love their previous work. I personally do not like it, but if you do, then you're within your right to enjoy it.

Tombgeek wrote:

True, they have done more for rock than most modern rock bands. They are a good band. But some people have the mentality that Linkin Park is the ONLY good band. People like me feel that, even though they are a great band, they are not our favourites. Personally, I prefer Skillet and 30 Seconds to Mars.
      Bands like Skillet have been nominated for a Grammy, and see how underrated they are.
      Linkin Park maybe is a victim of its own success. We know Linkin Park as an alternative band, and with their new style, it is a bit of a shock to the system to those who love their previous work. I personally do not like it, but if you do, then you're within your right to enjoy it.

I'm not arguing that Linkin Park is the best rock band there ever was, they're not even my favorite. I just feel some people don't give them enough respect for their accomplishments.

There's a few rock alternative rock bands that have done big things also, that I love. Both of the band names you listed are great. I just recently discovered Skillet myself, I'm not big on Christian bands, they're the only self-proclaimed Christian band I like, actually.

Linkin Park has really set a standard though for other bands, and they're continuing to produce music at which any moment could be a huge success again for them, they have that home run capability, so to speak.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raylan Givens ().

It sounds like they've gone techno. I guess some people are into that kind of thing, but I'm more into alternative rock. Their new sound definitely is unrecognizable and I don't like it. I like bands that stay the same and don't conform to society's fads.

Some may call it fresh, I call it selling-out.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][CENTER]Block out all your demons with
      white noise, pills, and Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]

i like their song Numb alot!
      i think its awesome
      but i havent really heard their new stuff.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm urgin' all daughters to kiss they mothers, with those lips that all that lipstick covers, your never to grown up to miss and hug her♥[/SIZE][/CENTER]

lcky wrote:

It sounds like they've gone techno. I guess some people are into that kind of thing, but I'm more into alternative rock. Their new sound definitely is unrecognizable and I don't like it. I like bands that stay the same and don't conform to society's fads.

Some may call it fresh, I call it selling-out.

The thing is, I don't get how its called selling-out when you go from Alternative rock (what makes up the top 40) to something that is obscure in comparison. To say that their new album is selling out is ludicrous. In fact, while I really don't buy into this "selling out" crap, I'd have found them going from Meteora to Minutes to Midnight to be selling out.

What do you mean "what happened to them"? They sucked immediately the second Reanimation was released. That, folks, is what we call selling out. I loved their old stuff, and I lost a lot of respect for them and didn't listen to their future music after Reanimation came out, because it was shit. Meteora and Hybrid Theory were fucking awesome.

JCpatriots wrote:

What do you mean "what happened to them"? They sucked immediately the second Reanimation was released. That, folks, is what we call selling out. I loved their old stuff, and I lost a lot of respect for them and didn't listen to their future music after Reanimation came out, because it was shit. Meteora and Hybrid Theory were fucking awesome.

That deserves a hug... :hugs:

I agree, their new stuff... makes me cringe a little bit. I was a huge fan for several several years.. but as soon as I heard their stuff from their last album I felt broken hahaha. Their work with Jay Z killed me inside also.. I understand bands change though, if they want to experiment it's up to them.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]

JCpatriots wrote:

I lost a lot of respect for them and didn't listen to their future music after Reanimation came out, because it was shit. Meteora and Hybrid Theory were fucking awesome.

If you didn't listen to their stuff after Reanimation... How could you of heard Meteora?
      Reanimation was released in 2002, where as Meteora was released in 2003.

Reanimation was a REMIX album anyway. People put their own spins on the tracks. It was supposed to be for the fans who had a more open taste in music beyond the Nu Metal sound of Hybrid Theory.

And that is what Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns is all about. Branching out to new fans, (hopefully) keeping old fans excited with new and different material.

i personally can not get enough of A Thousand Suns, and absolutely love it!
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]Blog: http://jamierandallphotography.wordpress.com/[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]Youtube: youtube.com/WellThatWasAwkward91 [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]