I need help :(

• I need help :(

i need some help with some stuff... i only seem to be attracted to the 'straighter' acting guys, and as you can tell from the title, they're all straight, and if some aren't, i cant tell...another problem for me, when i 'came out' i lost all my guy friends at school, so im currently in an all girls group (with the exception of me:P) so i dont even really get to talk to many guys anymore... i suppose people would class me as the 'femanine' and i have a feeling that hanging out with all girls could contribute to that. Im also a naturally shy person so im not just going to go up to someone and be like "hey, are you bi/gay?"....i really need some help on this subject, and ANY help would be appreciated

thanx :)
    • Re: I need help :(

I don't mean to be an ass, but how feminine are you? On a scale of Arnold Schwarznegger to RuPaul, what are we talking? The reason I ask is because the more feminine you are, the more off putting to some people who don't want that sort of attention. I understand what you mean by preferring the straighter looking guys, as I do as well. What I would try to do is try to find some guy friends again, and perhaps scope for gay guys. I know that's rather difficult considering the kind of guys you like, but it's an idea. I think that your girl friends could maybe help you find gay friends, since it seems a lot of girls have better gay-dars.

im really not THAT feminine, it can all depend on what mood im in or who im with :/ im so confusing lol theres not many out guys at my school, or where i live, and if they are, they're always older than me :/ one of my girl friends is always looking around for guys i can hang out with, shes really worried about me, shes like the sister i never had

im 16 in november, and they're usually 18/19. i cant really think of a place, my brother would know though...it wouldnt surprise me if theres a few guys at my school who are to scared to come out or admit it to themselves....but i dont blame them, the people at my school can be really judgemental and mean :/

Yeah it's going to be difficult to find the guys you're looking for because they all know you're out and if there are closeted gays acting straight, they're not going to want to be around you because it could start rumors about them too. I like straight guys too or at least guys who act straight, but I'm not out... You could try joining a club or sport- that usually causes unlikely people to become friends. Also (I'm trying to think how to see this)... I know that it's good to be yourself and you need to be, but you may want to tone down on the femininity (sp?) around guys just so they don't feel uncomfortable. Good luck

I understand where you're coming from, and I know that it feels that way, but it's not. As cliched as it sounds, you just have to find that someone. It's a bit harder for gay people to find partners. I'm definitely in the same boat as you, in that it sometimes feels that there isn't anyone out there for me, since obviously no one's approached me yet. But I know that there has to be someone, and that keeps me going. I'm not saying it's easy, or fun, for that matter, but...yeah. :)