i hate my stupid grandma

• i hate my stupid grandma

i hate my grandma and my aunt who i am living with coz they really make my college life miserable. they want me to study hard but they cant stand the lights being on too long at night.

they want me to attend clubs at school but always hate it when i go home late. i cant concentrate in my studies coz they keep on asking me to accompany them in wherever they are going and their house really is not an ideal one for a student.

i could just talk back to them but i dont because my mom owes them an outstanding overdue amount. my mom's the one who told me to go live with them to save money instead of boarding. they keep on reminding me of my moms debt and its really hard to shut up when you feel like exploding. that stupid hag and witch. theyre suppose to be family.

i dont know what im suppose to do. i want to stay at a boarding house or a students dorm but i cant. help please. i dont find this easy.
      :wtf:whatnow.
    • Re: i hate my stupid grandma

I can understand your frustration, leashing out on family members, especially in your case is not that easy but you must think about yourself.

Unfortunately since you have no where else to go, you have to find some kind of solution. I would sit them down and speak to them in a friendly but firm manner.

Ask them, do you want me to study hard or not? then why cant i keep the light on at night? Do you want me to attend clubs and stuff at school? then why do you complain when i attend them?

Your mother is your mother, shes not you, so whenever they mention the debt that she has in their regards, tell them that its not your issue and that if they have a problem to sort it out with her and not with you.

Show them that you need to have a sereine place where you can rest/study in peace otherwise the arrangement is not going to work out....

Why cant you stay at a bording house or school dorm? is it cause of the money? Cant you work part time in order to afford one? Wont that be worth it?

Perfectly said. You need to voice out these issues with them. Otherwise, gone unsaid they will remain an issue.

There's not much more I can say or advice, as Nigel has said it all. The overall thing is, talk to them. Kindly of course, otherwise you won't be getting through to them if you explode like you want to. That would just create more problems for you.

Another option I'd like to suggest though is, could you explain the situation to a friend and stay with them? It's just something else to think about. But overall I believe your first move should be to talk to your aunt and grandmother first, bringing up what you've just explained to us.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I can understand your situation, this is really hard to digest. If it is possible to work part time, week end basis you can select one part time job which will suits you. Part time jobs may helps you to tack care of your daily and monthly expenses. I don't know about the boarding cost if part time jobs will give enough money for your studies you can do.
      Bradly Staton
      Relationship Advice

deserette wrote:

i hate my grandma and my aunt who i am living with coz they really make my college life miserable. they want me to study hard but they cant stand the lights being on too long at night.

they want me to attend clubs at school but always hate it when i go home late. i cant concentrate in my studies coz they keep on asking me to accompany them in wherever they are going and their house really is not an ideal one for a student.

i could just talk back to them but i dont because my mom owes them an outstanding overdue amount. my mom's the one who told me to go live with them to save money instead of boarding. they keep on reminding me of my moms debt and its really hard to shut up when you feel like exploding. that stupid hag and witch. theyre suppose to be family.

i dont know what im suppose to do. i want to stay at a boarding house or a students dorm but i cant. help please. i dont find this easy.

Well, you're 18. Get yourself a car, stop bitching, leave, then set the house on fire on your way out. Easy fix. :rofl:

I can understand about your situaltion because my grandma lives with us and shes up my butt about everything! and i mean everything. if i dont eat she tries to shove food down my throat and when i decided to eat she tells me i need to follow portion sizes because i eat to much, acoording to her.

but in our culture (as im sure in any) were supposed to respect our elders, and maybe because you're living with them you should prolly not get so frustrated because in a way there helping you save money.

so maybe calmly talk to them, explain youself, and maybe you guys can reach an agreement :)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]I'm urgin' all daughters to kiss they mothers, with those lips that all that lipstick covers, your never to grown up to miss and hug her♥[/SIZE][/CENTER]

It's already been said so I'm preaching to the choir here but it's important that you speak up and let them know you're trying your hardest, that the extra pressure isn't going to help you excel, you need to speak your mind.

Personally, I can't relate but they also need to know the issues that lie between your mother and them, has nothing to do with you. You're not responsible for her debt or mishaps, either way they need to understand you're doing your best and you don't appreciate how they're coaching the matter.

Obviously you need to be rational about it, getting it off your chest will be for the best, if not you're going to end up blowing up and making things harder on yourself, even if you're right, it's not the best way to handle things.

Sit down and have an adult conversation with them, hopefully they'll understand where you're coming from and be a little more lenient, it's not always easy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raylan Givens ().