Who's good at video editing?

• Re: Who's good at video editing?

oh, the block with the names over it? it's pretty simple if you're using anything other than windows movie maker, that program is trash. it depends what program you're using. for example, i use sony vegas. and in that program you go to the media tab and drag the black image to the timeline above the timeline your original video is on, you would right click the black image and go to pan & crop, check off masking on the new windows, and "mask" (cut out) a block of whatever size needed; then go to the top of the black image on the timeline, click, and drag your cursor half way down it (the line will appear white i believe), then apply a gaussian blur to it. i haven't use sony vegas in a few months but i'm pretty sure that's how you do it in any of the versions.

but again, you may be using a different program. just be more specific. almost any video editing software can do this.

The post was edited 4 times, last by minaj ().

^^ I second joels comment. I use Sony Vega pro 9. I absolutely love it, it's such a powerful editing tool.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

But on another note... I actually think you can do that on windows movie maker (maybe not windows live movie maker) I think it's one of the title options
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

But on another note... I actually think you can do that on windows movie maker (maybe not windows live movie maker) I think it's one of the title options

You can do it in movie maker but without the opacity, I believe.

I can't remember though, I haven't used movie maker in a long time. I know the default is red and blocky, I'm sure you can change the red but I'm not sure if it'll fade out like in his picture.

Scaredycrow wrote:

You can do it in movie maker but without the opacity, I believe.

I can't remember though, I haven't used movie maker in a long time. I know the default is red and blocky, I'm sure you can change the red but I'm not sure if it'll fade out like in his picture.

Ahh ofcourse, that must've been what I was thinking. Yeh, I steer clear of movie maker like it's the plague.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]