Ughhh a 4 year crush.... :(

• Ughhh a 4 year crush.... :(

Ok. Well I have had a crush on is guy for like about 4 years. He is like pretty popular and I'm... Well... Not. In fifth grade he was a total jerk to me but then half way through the year he started being rlly rlly nice to me... And then I started to think he liked me. Idk if he did.. But last school year I sat next to him in like 2 classes and I couldn't stop daydreaming about him. This year he is in some of my classes again and the same thing is happening. The thing is, I think he MAY say yes if I ask him out... I've heard him complaining tht he has nvr had a girlfriend so yeah... But i can't get up the nerve to ask him out though... Ughh.... So I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to get him to talk to me... Like maybe spread around that I like him then he'll find out and he'll ask me about it...? Idk but I can't think straight and I always find myself staring at him if he's around..... Ughh I got it bad... Any suggestions or advice???? Plz help me!!!! Thx for reading :). This is what it feels like right now..... :hugs: :hugs: :(
    • Re: Ughhh a 4 year crush.... :(

Go for it, ask him out. Or at the very least, tell him upfront that you like him. If you don't, he might never ask and you'll always be wondering what if. And if you do, even if the outcome is bad, at least you'll know for sure.

If you really like him that much, and you think he likes you back, then just go ahead and ask.

Good luck :p
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

ask him out :)
      there's no rule saying girls cant ask guys out :)
      and him never hving a gf, and suddenly a girl asks him out would prob surprise him and he would prob admire ur courage :)
      him saying "that's just be friends" can prob be the worst that can happen if that happens you could just move on to another guy and stop wasting time on someone not interested in you then :)

Yellowbear09 wrote:

The problem with just asking him out is that he is rlly popular and I'm not and in my school we have cliques and ughhhh I can't get my mind off him...... Ughhhhhh any advice other than just ask him out??? Cuz at this point thts not an option.... :(

Tell him you like him. You don't have to go up to him and be like "I LIKE YOU", do it in a cute way, something personal to you guys, use an inside joke if you have any. Text him, Facebook, msn, or do it in person, whatever, just find some way to let him know you like him. And I don't mean a tiny hint, I mean all but saying it outright. Make it insanely obvious for him, because guys don't always pick up on subtle hints.

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

as lisa has said, us guys are oblivious at times when a girl likes us, i think its due to guys thinking that girls would never be into us, basically try and do a little flirting, be cute, and then ask him out, it doesnt matter at all if he is popular, if he says no, you can hold your head up high that you had the guts to go for something you wanted, not many people can say that. and if he does reject you, then its his loss, but you will forever have a crush on him if you dont go for it, i met this girl when i was 13, and liked her all the way through school, probably still do like her, but ill always regret not just at least trying, like asking her out for a coffee even, and that really bugs me, soo go for it, if he rejects you, you can move on and be done with him once and for all, if he says yes then you get what you want, no bad can come from trying.
      i really hope it works out for you. let us know how you get on ok? :)

^ Just ignore that guy :p I've done it - Trust me, even if things don't work out in the end, you'll be glad you said something, because it's much worse not knowing if he feels the same and being left forever wondering what could have been.

The feeling like you're gonna explode is a good thing too at this point, means you're more likely to actually do it :p You just have to take the plunge and not overthink it too much.

Good luck anyhoos, I hope it works out for you :D

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Hmm if I were him and I liked you back I'd probably prefer the subtle hints method instead of just being really blunt because if a girl just came up to me and said: "I like you" I probably wouldn't know what to say and it might get awkward.

You should probably just get some sleep and then if the opportunity arises give it a try.

Thanks... Thts more like the advice was looking for..... We were good friends in like fifth grade but nowadays we never talk.... And it's kinda awkward cuz he has caught me looking at him like 3 times this year.... But I can't help it.... Ughh lol is tht a subtle hint or just creepy? Idk but it's hard not to... I hate having crushes... I'm not the most attractive so vie nevr had a bf.... But trust me I've had some pretty obsessive crushes... Ughhh I hate this situation!!!!! :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yellowbear09 ().

Is there any way you can find out if you have interests in common? Friendships are usually ABOUT something; and if you're sharing an activity that interests you both, a friendship could develop naturally. Do you like reading the same books, or listening to the same music?

If you don't have much in common, it's unlikely that a significant relationship will develop anyway. I know it's tough to accept now, but at your age there really are “plenty more fish in the sea”; somebody unbelievably wonderful could turn up just when you least expect it – it's happened to me!

Please don't stress too much about not being “popular”. One or two good friends are worth more than a crowd of acquaintances; go for quality, not quantity.