How can someone proof you fired them?

• How can someone proof you fired them?

I'm getting sued for "firing" the person that takes care of my grandmother but I didn't fire her she left on her own.
      That day I told her she needed to pay more attention to my grandmother and it got into an argument and she left and now she is saying I fired her and suing me?
      Any advice?
      I don't have a lawyer I just found out about this today and she(the one suing me) said she wanted 3 months of wage and paid vacations. She also said she "knew" people that worked in the offices where you sue something like that...
    • Re: How can someone proof you fired them?

I feel like she could do more on her part to help my grandmother, maybe not physically but emotional be there for her and she would always call me and ask me for things and just call to bug me. She didn't have a contract or anything and she is not even a certified caregiver she has no career and I just gave her the job because I felt sorry she didn’t have one and had to take care of her family and now she back fires with this…

1. She has no case against you. No documentation whatsoever. I assume since she did not go through any sort of agency, that you were paying her under the table, which means she doesn't even have any sort of proof of you paying here. Unless she has copies of checks, or something.

2. Next time, for the sake of your grandmother, please find someone suitable for the position. Someone you're able to trust to take care of her in all aspects, no matter what.

I was paying her cash so she has no proof but she has already filed a lawsuit and that scares me. =/
      She also said that she has proof and that she knows people, and that scares me too.
      Yes I know I will find someone with proper training I just felt sorry for her and she promised to take care of her I guess you can't trust people anymore now a day.