M. Night Shyamalan

• Re: M. Night Shyamalan

Movies he destroyed(meaning they sucked ass but could've been amazing with a different director):
      Lady in the Water
      The Happening
      The Last Airbender
      Movies he did poorly (meaning that they were okay, but these could've been amazing too):
      The Village
      Signs
      Movies he did well:
      Unbreakable
      The Sixth Sense

Isn't it funny the more they let him direct the shittier his movies get?
      fuck.

during the trailer for his new movie infront of scott pilgrim everyone was getting into it, but then it said "From the mind of M. Night Shamamalalamamanana" and everyone just let out a groan of disappointment.

300 people.

almost funnier than the 300 I saw all lol at the same time for the eclipse trailer infront of IM2

leviathan wrote:

during the trailer for his new movie infront of scott pilgrim everyone was getting into it, but then it said "From the mind of M. Night Shamamalalamamanana" and everyone just let out a groan of disappointment.

300 people.

almost funnier than the 300 I saw all lol at the same time for the eclipse trailer infront of IM2

this exact same thing happened when I saw scott pilgrim.
      fuck.

I dislike trailers, they make movies seem so promising even when you know they wont be, and then sometimes make amazing films look bad :nono:

As for Shyamalan, I like the Sixth Sense, and like one or two moments in Signs, but other than that I just don't bother with the guy :p And I don't think the Village would have been much better with someone else directing, was just a shitty movie anyway, imo
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

RollinRightInuit wrote:

I dislike trailers, they make movies seem so promising even when you know they wont be, and then sometimes make amazing films look bad :nono:

As for Shyamalan, I like the Sixth Sense, and like one or two moments in Signs, but other than that I just don't bother with the guy :p And I don't think the Village would have been much better with someone else directing, was just a shitty movie anyway, imo

I liked the premise and the movie was good until I got old enough to understand it :p
      fuck.

plax77 wrote:

Movies he destroyed(meaning they sucked ass but could've been amazing with a different director):
      Lady in the Water
      The Happening
      The Last Airbender
      Movies he did poorly (meaning that they were okay, but these could've been amazing too):
      The Village
      Signs
      Movies he did well:
      Unbreakable
      The Sixth Sense

Isn't it funny the more they let him direct the shittier his movies get?

The Village was amazing, I loved that movie.

The Last Airbender pissed me off since I like the show.

The Sixth Sense was great, Signs was good, and Unbreakable was okay. The Village was good but had the shittiest ending imaginable. I watched Lady in the Water, hated it, and didn't bother watching The Happening or The Last Airbender because I've heard they were terrible and wasn't willing to bother wasting my money.

The problem here is that Shayamalan has all these great ideas but turns them into bad movies. Why is that?

However, Devil looks good. I'm not going to look at any reviews before seeing the movie because I want an unbiased, neutral opinion going into the theater.

So here's my theory, we've all agreed The Sixth Sense was good. M. Night made it clear his Schick was going to be the twist ending, and at the time it sounded great. He was good at what he did.
      Unbreakable was clever, and while I didn't enjoy it, I could see why someone would want to see the movie without projectile vomiting.
      Signs had tension-you can't deny that-but the ending faltered slightly, it was anti-climactic to say the least. Same with The Village, I believe this would be the begging of the long downwards spiral.
      I wish I'd be able to say more about Lady in the Water, but the movie was so terrible I honestly blocked most of it from my mind. I vaguely remember M. Night having an unsubtle cameo, even more so then usual.
      The Happening was bad to a vomit-inducing sense, which disappointed me as the sound of a virus that makes you kill yourself sounds awesome.
      The Last Airbender confused me, it didn't seem like a M. Night film, and I don't know much about it other then the trailer and crowds of angry Airbender fans.
      But, I believe credits due where credits due, M. Night is a great director. I mean, he's no Sam Rami, but he knows how to build tension in a scene. What I really want to know is why he he set up to do a trilogy of movies as a writer, the thing he sucks at?
      Sorry for the rant, M. Night annoys me.