Are these the right signs?

• Are these the right signs?

This summer I went out on a bunch of dates with this girl I know from class. I've liked her for the longest time and finally got the nerve to ask her out. But I haven't made a move because I'm not sure about the signs I'm getting.

She sits with her arms folded while we're at the movies, she keeps on insisting that we split the bill at restaurants, never really lingers when I drop her at her doorstep (but gives me really long and tight goodbye hugs)

But she also sends me good morning txt messages, calls me just to talk about stuff that happened to her that day, on the way out of the theater one time I put my hand behind my back (a habit I do when I'm walking) and she took my hand without any complaints or me having to goad her into it, and later when I put my arm around her shoulder she leaned in closer.

Just yesterday she called me and asked if she could swing by and see my place. (Which I only mentioned once or twice in passing a few weeks ago). She came over and eventually fell asleep on my lap. But even when we were just sitting I put my hand on her leg, and put my arm on her shoulder and all that stuff but she didn't really seem to react.

So is all of this pointing to "just friends" or something more because it feels like I'm just in limbo currently.
    • Re: Are these the right signs?

People who are just starting to date are funny sometimes. Here you are sitting here and stressing about what signs she's throwing off, and how you should react to them. You want to know what she's doing? Probably sitting and stressing about what signs you are throwing off and how she should react to them.

Just from a feminine perspective: Does she like you? Yep. Why hasn't she shown any other signs that she's interested in you, or reacted more to the vibe you have been giving off? Because she's just as shy as you are. I think the signals she's putting off are pretty clear. You aren't in limbo, you just don't recognize that.

I think considering the amount of time you have been together, it's not a bad idea to try talking to her about it. If you aren't mature enough to talk to a girl about your relationship with her, you probably aren't mature enough to be in that relationship to begin with. Just keep that in mind and tell her how you feel about her, stop relying on unclear signals.