Guys Opinion Only: Would You Date An Ugly Girl Because You Felt Sorry For Her?

• Re: Guys Opinion Only: Would You Date An Ugly Girl Because You Felt Sorry For Her?

I would never date someone because I felt sorry for them. That would be rather pathetic on my part. Only reason I'd date someone is if I liked them.

This doesn't apply to me, because I'm gay, but when I "like" someone its because I'm attracted to them both physically and emotionally.
    • Re: Guys Opinion Only: Would You Date An Ugly Girl Because You Felt Sorry For Her?

I wouldnt date some random nerdy/dorky/ugly girl, but i would date a friend that fit that description if they really liked me.

As guys, i believe we single out girls to like because theyre special to us in some way. Theyre the perfect appearence for us, or they do something really well that seems cool to us, etc.

Absolutely not. Feeling sorry for someone will not result in a meaningful relationship and does a disservice to the girl in question.

Like: interested in, want to know more about, potential dating material.

Why: Not gonna lie- physical attraction usually starts it off, but then as I see more about how they are as a person determines whether I think they're good looking or whether I like them. It's worked the other way around before where I thought they were great and then discovered that I found them physically attractive as well.

Purple 25 wrote:

Guys-- would you if you were a popular guy in school... date an ugly dorky girl because you felt sorry for her?

Lastly, guys when you “like” a girl -- what do you mean? Why do you single a girl to “like”?

Date a girl? No. Would I fuck an ugly girl? Yes. Pussy is pussy. Tootles.

Purple 25 wrote:

Guys-- would you if you were a popular guy in school... date an ugly dorky girl because you felt sorry for her?

Lastly, guys when you “like” a girl -- what do you mean? Why do you single a girl to “like”?

naw. if you did, that would be even harsher cuz you'd only be playing with her
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

A. That'd be really, really, messed up. You'd be toying with her emotions, and you shouldn't date people for looks but for their personality. If you date for looks and popularity only, then you're extremely.. I don't know what the word I'm looking for is, so I'm gonna say you have a way too high of an ego, and you need to get your attitude in line.

B. It means that you have a "crush" on the girl.

Oh shit i looked over the second question, I don't "single a girl to like", I like lots of girls, but I can pick one, or at the very least one at a time. When i like a girl.... I enjoy being around her? I'm pretty sure that one is up to your definition of like.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Purple 25 wrote:

1) No, not at all. I'm not going to be a dick and go out of my way to mock her, but in my opinion it's not my place to make everyone feel better. Then again, people have told me I'm kind of a jerk to everyone but my close friends, so take that as you will.

2) If I actually want to spend time with a girl, then I "like" her. But if I find myself only thinking about her physically, I wouldn't use that terminology.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Pity dates = wrong. It would get the girls hopes up and make her think there was actually something there, and when she learnt the truth it would make her feel bad and used in a way.

Like - want to spend more time with them and get to know them more.

Why? - Either physical attraction or starting off as friends and as you get to know them realising they have traits that you like and something comes from that. Physical attraction alone isn't enough, gotta have personality too. The physical helps spark the interest to start but if when getting to know a girl she has a bad personality, I'll stop feeling attracted to her.
      We do not seek escape to leave things behind, but so that in the security of solitude we can find ourselves and return to face reality with all that we are.