Acne???

• I know its such a talked-about subject, but I am in severe need of quick help. I found out like 10 minutes ago that half the 9th grade has voted for me to be the freshman homecoming queen. I don't want to go to homecoming looking gross. I really need some fast help [homecoming is Oct. 5]. If possible, can you please make it affordable, too? My dad said that he doesn't want to spend anymore money on my homecoming than he already has. Well, other than hair, nails, and makeup anyways. Please, please, please help me???
      [SIZE=4]R[SIZE=2]emember yesterday,[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2] [SIZE=4]D[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ream about tomorrow,[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2] [SIZE=4]B[/SIZE][SIZE=2]ut live for today![/SIZE][/SIZE]
    • I tried a pile of the creams and stuff but never really got decent results. Best method I found was to start eating healthy drink heaps of water, definitely no chocolate. Also once a day at least get two containers of water, one ice cold the other as warm as you can stand to touch. Soak cloths in each container of water. Cover your face with the warm cloth, leave for a coupld of minutes then put the chilled cloth over your face. Continue to alternate. Finish with an alcohol free toner.

I've also found if you can get it, a regime of Flax Seed oil and Evening Primrose oil helps.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: Acne???

Almay Smart Shade makeup. It's really inexpensive (about 10 bucks for a tube) and it is the most amazing stuff I have ever used. It's not like a normal concealer, it doesn't even look like normal concealer. It looks like this cream-colored stuff with little green flecks in it. What it really does is it seems to blend in to your natural skin color. I absolutely ADORED this stuff when I broke out really bad. I hope this helps, and CONGRATULATIONS. :D

Chris Hansen wrote:

They have a freshmen homecoming queen? I think you mean Freshmen homecoming canidate(or something like that) and you have to be a senior to win Homecoming queen.

Well you could start washing your face with lukewarm water after you wake up and before you go to sleep.

lol surely not EVERY school has to be the exact same and follow a 'Homecoming Rule Book' :p

But yes definitely keep your face clean.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Haha ya my school has a queen and king ferom each grade then the grand king and queen. Its kind of cool to me and I am really excited. That's why I want my face cleared up. I talked to my dad and he said that we will see about the Almay Smart Shade. He said that if I get it, I have to share with my twin sister. So, thats the one downside, I hate sharing. :p

Oh acne snackney!(lolwut?) You would look beautiful no matter what blemishes are upon your face. :D

~Agito
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]J[COLOR="SandyBrown"]U[COLOR="Yellow"]S[COLOR="Lime"]T [COLOR="Blue"]D[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]A[COLOR="Magenta"]N[COLOR="Red"]C[COLOR="Lime"]E[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      Melbourne Shuffle <3[/SIZE][/FONT]

Don't touch your face. Drink lots of water. Get makeup that won't clog your pores. Wash your face with some kind of medicated soap (something from Walgreens or a drug store) in the morning and before you go to bed.
      For me, going to the beach and swimming in the salt water always used to dry out my acne when I had it and with sleeping, if I slept on a certain side of my face it would always break out more so now I try to sleep on my back.
      I hope this helps and goodluck :)

Agito wrote:

Oh acne snackney!(lolwut?) You would look beautiful no matter what blemishes are upon your face. :D

~Agito

Well thanks ^^ I also posted it 'cause I've had acne since like 2nd grade. I feel like I would feel better about myself if it was finally gone.
    • saraaah789 wrote:

Don't touch your face. Drink lots of water. Get makeup that won't clog your pores. Wash your face with some kind of medicated soap (something from Walgreens or a drug store) in the morning and before you go to bed.
      For me, going to the beach and swimming in the salt water always used to dry out my acne when I had it and with sleeping, if I slept on a certain side of my face it would always break out more so now I try to sleep on my back.

^^ definitely

saraaah789 wrote:

Good advice. But one huge thing is to change the pillowcase daily. That'll make a biiiiig difference.

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Take care of your skin. I mean like, really take care of it. Don't touch it and if you have to itch yourself or something, try to wash your hands with soap beforehand. Cleanse, but don't over-cleanse. Try to wear mineral makeup, or try to not wear makeup at all in the lead up to it. Wash your pillowcase, clean your phone, but most importantly, try to live a healthy lifestyle at least till then. Drink heaps of water, try to cut out junk from your diet, and 99% of the time, this will definitely help to clear up your skin :)
      that is so fetch.