Thinking about asking this girl to Homecoming

• Thinking about asking this girl to Homecoming

We sit next together in class and haven't really talked a lot (keep in mind we HAVE talked somewhat though). I've recently developed a huge crush on her, yet I'm not sure if she likes me back, so I don't know if it's worth asking this girl.

If I do in fact ask, how should I make the approach? I can't just ask her straight out because I have severe anxiety, and on top of that I stutter like there's no tomorrow. I'm thinking of writing a note, but.....is that kind of a turn off? Is it too cheesy?

Homecoming is THIS Friday. Advice please!
    • Re: Thinking about asking this girl to Homecoming

Well, considering it's this Friday, please don't get your hopes up. There's a really good chance that she already has a date. I don't really know about the note, some girls would find it cute and like the idea of a guy that is too shy to come straight out and ask them, some girls prefer someone who is more outgoing.

From the information you've provided, though, it's kind of hard to tell. Is there any kind of established friendship with her at all? Or is she basically just an acquaintance who you happen to have a crush on. That's a pretty serious question, and it has a lot of bearing on what to do next. If she's a friend, you have something more to work with, you can talk to her and try to get a little insight into the kind of things she likes, and doesn't like. Remember, every little bit you talk to her is going to make asking her out that much easier.

I think you might be a little late for homecoming, but that DOESN'T AT ALL mean you should give up. Consider setting your sights on a more long-term goal. Think about just finding ways for right now to talk to her, to bridge that gap from acquaintance to friend.

Jenna wrote:

Well, considering it's this Friday, please don't get your hopes up. There's a really good chance that she already has a date. I don't really know about the note, some girls would find it cute and like the idea of a guy that is too shy to come straight out and ask them, some girls prefer someone who is more outgoing.

From the information you've provided, though, it's kind of hard to tell. Is there any kind of established friendship with her at all? Or is she basically just an acquaintance who you happen to have a crush on. That's a pretty serious question, and it has a lot of bearing on what to do next. If she's a friend, you have something more to work with, you can talk to her and try to get a little insight into the kind of things she likes, and doesn't like. Remember, every little bit you talk to her is going to make asking her out that much easier.

I think you might be a little late for homecoming, but that DOESN'T AT ALL mean you should give up. Consider setting your sights on a more long-term goal. Think about just finding ways for right now to talk to her, to bridge that gap from acquaintance to friend.

To answer your question, she's more of an acquaintance that I have a crush on. We're not really "friends", although, like I said, we do talk and sit next to each other.

On the positive side, its only the first dance of the year. On the negative side, my teacher has a habit of switching around seats every month or so.

Matt93 wrote:

To answer your question, she's more of an acquaintance that I have a crush on. We're not really "friends", although, like I said, we do talk and sit next to each other.

On the positive side, its only the first dance of the year. On the negative side, my teacher has a habit of switching around seats every month or so.

Well, then that gives you pretty good incentive to make your move quick, doesn't it? :P

well i know how you feel, i too have severe anxiety when approaching girls, and stutter alot, although not as bad as i used to be, i would suggest that you just ask her, like next time you are finished class together just ask her if she has a date and if not would maybe like to go together, you wont know until you try, if she does have a date however maybe try and become better friends with her incase ye get separated in class, that way you can always maintain conversation and perhaps pursue something more than just a friendship. at least its only the first dance of the year, and if she does have a date there will be other chances to ask her out, soo dont fret if she says no this time. to try and get over your anxiety, a method i used was somewhat of an outer body experience, just forget that you are talking to her and let it flow naturally, because it is over thinking the situation which will be your greatest enemy here, just be yourself have a small bit of confidence and she will respect you for it, it takes guts to ask anyone out soo hopefully she will see and pick up on this and respond in a positive way.
      i hope it goes well man. best of luck man

I'm now heavily considering writing a note that says "would you be interested in going to Homecoming with me?" and putting in one yes and one no box that she should put a check in. I'll give it to her in the middle of class.

Is that a bad idea do you think, or....? What's another way I can write a note without it sounding too cheesy and or embarrassing?

Actually. I think the checkbox thing is pretty neat :)

You are going to be freaking out the whole time, but try to be confident when you do it though. Smile at her. Attempt to project that this is just you being you, and not something you are doing because you are embarrassed to come straight out and ask her.

I think the checkbox thing is too elementary. That's what we used to do when we were in elementary school. grow a pair to ask someone straight out. it shows confidence. girls like confidence

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

on that note. what grade are you in?
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

I'm so incredibly pissed right now. Today was the perfect opportunity to ask her - I wasn't stuttering much, I felt confident all day, etc. Yet I didn't do it. What's making me even angrier is that I'll have to wait until next Monday to see her, because tomorrow I don't have the class we're in and then on Friday I'm attending a wake and funeral all day. GAAAAAHHHH!!!

My main worry is that by waiting until Monday, I'll lose the energy that I'm filled with (as in, feeling good and confident).

Oh, and I don't recall ever seeing her in the halls. I'm not gonna go around the school hunting for her, so......

The post was edited 2 times, last by Matt93 ().