What should I do

• What should I do

I feel like I want to be something, but I don't know what that is. I start college soon, and I still have no idea what I want to be. I feel like there is nothing in particular I can be happy with.

I liked photoshop, so I began using it for a few years, learning everything from illustrator, photography, to even C4D and got pretty good at it and thought I wanted to be a graphic designer of some sort. I don't think I want to do that anymore. I don't feel like I'd be happy doing that as a career. It's just something I do when I randomly feel the need to do it.

At one point, I got interested in making videos, editing, even trying to make my own soundtracks. I became pretty good at that, even in school people would pay me to edit their videos and eventually, I was put in charge for filming/editing videos for our school. I thought I wanted to be a director. Now, I drifted from that, and I don't even know how I became so good at it, I have almost no interest in it anymore.

I just feel like everything I do, only lasts for a moment and I lose interest. I watch tv rarely and listen to music and when I do, all I can seem to think about is how these people are doing what they love to do.

I know it seems foolish, but I was watching some video of a young girl (who is now a popular singer/actor) who knew what she wanted to do at 6 years old. She knew what she was destined to be, what she loved and had to pursue to be happy. This just made me wonder :/
    • Re: What should I do

Well you obviously like the computer. Maybe you need to vary up what you do? Were you doing graphic design on a daily basis? I did that and got really tired of it. Do something else on the computer, or hell, go outside and just take a break from the computer. Doing things repetitively makes you lose interest in it.

You could just major in Computer Science. It'll get you a well-paying job and it opens up so many doors, from graphic design to software engineering. Many companies do lots of different stuff. A software company makes software and has a website. You could be on the web design team and then sign up to help with the latest software. Vary it up and it'll be enjoyable.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President