Can you gain mass on sepparate bodyparts

• Re: Can you gain mass on sepparate bodyparts

You can spot train and gain muscle on specific parts of your body, you just can't gain or lose fat on specific parts of the body.

The best way to isolate a specific muscle group is generally with a machine at the gym, although there are tons of free-weight exercises designed specifically to target specific body parts.

That being said, it isn't as healthy or as effective as a full-body work out but, it is most definitely possible. If you want lists of exercises or more specific tips then you need to be a bit more specific with what you're aiming for.
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]"What we do in life echoes in ete[/SIZE][SIZE=3]rnity."[/SIZE]
      ~ Maximus from The Gladiator[/CENTER]

Ok i realy want to know if i can gain weight at my shoulders, back , arms and my side musscles of my stomach withouth gaining weight on my legs butt etc...

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Epicwhyguy wrote:

Ok i realy want to know if i can gain weight at my shoulders, back , arms and my side musscles of my stomach withouth gaining weight on my legs butt etc...
      Thank you for the info!

I'm assuming you mean muscle mass. Make sure you're getting at least 50 g of protein a day, and just spot train the areas you want to bulk up on. With time, they will respond. Look up specific routines online that will shape up the areas you want, and above all else, stick with them.

Epicwhyguy wrote:

You're probably some 120lb kid who is untrained all over. Stop stressing about "problem areas" and just train your whole body.

Baal wrote:

I'm assuming you mean muscle mass. Make sure you're getting at least 50 g of protein a day, and just spot train the areas you want to bulk up on. With time, they will respond. Look up specific routines online that will shape up the areas you want, and above all else, stick with them.

50 grams? That's a tiny amount that nobody should be getting near to going under, not something you should aim for.

MasterpieceMesias wrote:

Easy. . . something like this'll work!

Day 1: Chest/Triceps
      Day 2: Back/Bi
      Day 3: Legs
      Day 4: Shoulders
      Day 5: Rest

dere ya go!!

Or OP could do an established full body or 2 way split and not make up some shitty bodypart split.

Epicwhyguy wrote:

nah im totaly opposate of that i just want my legs to stay thin not muscular type

What's the reasoning behind that? If you want aesthetics, big upper body and twig legs just looks silly. And if you want any degree of functionality you'll need to train your legs. You don't want to be one of those guys who does bicep curls and their lower body supporting all the weight is their weak point.

Not to mention if you neglect lower body you'll probably be neglecting the deadlift, which is pretty much god tier as far as upper back and forearm size goes.

Epicwhyguy wrote:

or idk a whole body train dosent sound too bad

All I'm saying is don't get too hung up on what you see as your weak spots. I've no idea what your stats are, but we all know someone who complains about their weak upper chest and does nothing but a whole bunch of incline isolation crap when their whole upper body and their upper chest would've improved far more had they just kept it simple and built up major compounds like the bench.

EDIT: Holy crap dude, 50 kg? I'm only 8 cm taller than you and weigh close to double that (6'3, 90kg). Trust me, you're nowhere near the point where you can start pointing out "weak areas", and I don't see why you don't want to gain mass in your lower body, seeing as I can't imagine the legs of someone at your height/weight look terribly aesthetic, and I certainly can't imagine them being functional at anything other than falling over. You need to start doing heavy compounds, eat more, and go GOMAD.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frosty ().

:)Ok i see your point im gonna eat more and train my whole body and gain attleast 25 kilograms i will start working out like now . My whole story by the way is that i was realy fat when i was 14-15 i was like 178 cm and was like 85 kilograms and i started dieting .......went too far and after 4-5 months im like this and got realy small ammount of loose skin. I sprinted did aerobic workouts at home all the time cuz i though my thighs are wider than my shoulders .I just think that my musle structure is more like a girls , rather than a man,so i though like why i just dont get buffed on my upper body and leave my legs as the way they are .I know how to loose weight bu never in my life i never gained anything rather than fat a.k.a im a noob at gaining.Thanks for the Info frosty :rolleyes:

P.S- O.K im starting bodybuilding but i want to ask something have i dammaged my lungs and it will affect me if i smoked 5 ciggarets in my whole life (today were the two last ones ) and i realized today that smoking is full of shit and i wont do it ever aggain. Could you please tell me if i dammaged my lungs ???

The post was edited 1 time, last by Epicwhyguy: Can 5 ciggarets in your whole life do somthing to your lungs ? ().

All your functional power will come from your legs. Also, legs are a great way to increase mass because they can handle a lot of volume which means more growth. To boot, even if you ( for some reason ) could care less for leg strength/size, training legs releases a fuckload of testosterone which aids building muscle in other areas of the body

You are a novice, not a professional. Don't think of your body in terms of parts, but as a whole unit. Train it as such.

Perform high intensity compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, etc. Full body workouts with compound exercises will not only stimulate your central nervous system, but also boost the necessary hormones for growth and gains.

Also, compound workouts prevents you from overtraining one part of the body at the expense of the other. They allow for a more natural progression. For instance, if you squat or deadlift, your legs can handle only so much weight as your upper body of capable of stabilising. Which means, you get a damn strong upper body while progressing to handle enough weights with your legs.

If you are concerned that working out your legs makes you look feminine, check out Olympic lifters.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfHtLdduD4']YouTube - Evgeny Chigishev (RUS), Snatch 211[/ame]

These train their whole body to prepare for these lifts and are among the heaviest squatters around. And they have the most masculine and functional body structure.

Poetic Justice

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sash ().