What to make of this?

• What to make of this?

So this girl is a good friend of mine. we've been hanging round with each other as friends for 4 years (not everyday bff sort but talked alot and stuff) and i know she used to like me a year or 2 ago and i kinda liked her but was to much of a faggot to do anything about it. so now 2 years on, ive got a mad crush on her but i have no idea how she feels.
      sometimes she gives off that she likes me but other times i feel like i have no chance.

examples:
      one night i was at a party drunk and my friend took my phone and text her
      "i like you"
      she replied to my text
      "i like you too" she was also drunk at a diff party. (this was start of summer, june/july)

and at another little party she was lying on me and letting me cuddle her and stuff, we were real close. (less than a month ago)

but then at another party (4 days after we were close) she pretty much ignored me and my friend told me she felt bad for leading me on (only one friend said this, so i dont exactly know how true it is)
      _____

anyways, i never confronted her about any of this, but i do really want to tell her i like her and see what she thinks. she is coming to my house with 2 of her friends and 2 of my friends on saturday and were going to her friends the same 6 people on friday so we'll be seeing each other alot over this weekend.
      and last saturday the 6 of us went to the cinema again.

its normally me that starts convo on msn/text but she always answers and does keep it going.

so where'd you guys think i stand? sorry for essay and if theirs a part you dont understand, please state and i'll correct.

oh also one more little thing, she seems to have gone a bit shy round me now, (i think she knows i like her) and every so often it seems like shes looking at me
    • Re: What to make of this?

She could either be very comfortable and friendly with you, or it could be something more. But unless you have a reason not to trust your friend, she could very well be [unintentionally] leading you on. But even if it was untrue, perhaps her feelings have changed since then.

The only way to know is to ask her, which you've already stated you're planning on doing. Good luck. :)

Why is the that idea of liking someone is so awkward these days? Human beings will be attracted to one another, and you are better off with someone you already know well, and trust than you are with some random person that you know little about. I guess it's the sexuality that really acomplishes this task, as the way most relationships go these days it will soon be encountered. My advice is not to make it an awkward situation, if you want to date your friend then go ahead and try. It doesn't have to be as awkard as you think, as it seems you two have already expressed a certain amount of attraction to each other. Just take a step or two forward, ask her out to a movie or something just the two of you and work from there. Girls like guys who are not afraid to say what they feel, although I don't recommend emoting all over her and overdoing it. Be tough enough to talk about this kind of thing without fear of how the other person might respond and your troubles in this matter will signifcantly decrease. Have fun, enjoy life, and don't forget to be responsible for your actions. Cya around.

I'm kinda leaning toward that she likes you, but that comment a friend made about her feeling sorry she lead you on is what's keeping me from being sure.

She's being shy around you, she's looking at you, her actions, even though drunk she said she liked you, are all signs, but then that comment...how can you confirm it? Can you find out if she told that friend? Or if they're just guessing by the way she was acting?

Just talk to her about it, mention how she used to like you, and see how she reacts. Admit you think if you were in a relationship you could work. If she doesn't feel the same way, there may be a little awkwardness at first, but I think it would eventually go away and she'll accept the way you feel and remain friends. But for girls, generally if someone they used to like, admits they like them, even if years later, for the most part the crush will form again unless there is someone else in the picture.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

This is a common mistake for so many people, not being honest. You've already said it yourself, you've never confronted her about any of this. Instead, do the opposite and let her know how you feel.

I wouldn't be too worried about jeopardizing the friendship or looking stupid since the two of you have a strong past, a solid relationship. Honesty truly is the best policy in these types of situations.

However you want to handle the situation is up to you, personally I feel face to face is more affective than any other way. Just don't over think it or try to plan what you're going to say, naturally something different will come out anyways. Find enough courage to squeeze the words out of your mouth, once you begin explaining how you feel, it will become a lot easier. Don't put it off anymore, you know how you feel and you need to get it off your chest as soon as you can.

Admittedly, it's not going to be easy. You're headed in the right direction though. Perhaps you can take her to a place of meaning for the two of you, too. Spare no details and let her know everything that's been bouncing around in your head about her, your true feelings.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raylan Givens ().

AlexMason wrote:

Drinking impairs your ability to do things, not the other way around. Make sure your sober when expressing your feelings.

It impairs your judgement, which in turn gives you a bit more courage. It is sometimes referred to as "Liquid courage".

But yes, please don't drink in order to tell someone how you feel. Take a deep breath and relax.

cause i dont love her and it sounds better than fancy or i have a crush on you.

and aw i dunno what to do now, as she didnt fully reject me but didnt really give away that she liked me. i cant stop thinking about her and if i think about being together it makes me happy, theres no'one like her around and it sucks that i can barely even look at her now! :/