Showering at school after P.E.

• collin13 wrote:

I have PE next semester but it is my last class of the day. There's a new rule at our school now that you must shower in underwear. Serious. WTF.

I usually get a ride to school in the morning with mum and take the bus home. I think I'll just start riding my bike because I refuse to shower in underwear and I can just come straight home and shower in my own shower.
      School is requiring the boys to shower in their underwear. Egads, what a rule. Maybe the school wants to minimize nudity in the locker room. Even then though, students will still change out of their wet underwear and put on dry underwear. So even if that was the goal, there is still going to have nudity. Plus, how do you take jock straps on and off without removing your underwear? Everyone has to wear jocks for our pe and sports.
    • pahern0317 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

I have PE next semester but it is my last class of the day. There's a new rule at our school now that you must shower in underwear. Serious. WTF.

I usually get a ride to school in the morning with mum and take the bus home. I think I'll just start riding my bike because I refuse to shower in underwear and I can just come straight home and shower in my own shower.
      School is requiring the boys to shower in their underwear. Egads, what a rule. Maybe the school wants to minimize nudity in the locker room. Even then though, students will still change out of their wet underwear and put on dry underwear. So even if that was the goal, there is still going to have nudity. Plus, how do you take jock straps on and off without removing your underwear? Everyone has to wear jocks for our pe and sports.
      I agree. Did they think everyone is going to class in wet underpants?
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

So the rule is you can opt out of a shower if you want, but if you choose to shower, it must be taken wearing underwear??? is it the same rule for girls??
      I would opt out for sure. Wet clothes/underwear smell horrible. Plus there's no reason to shower if you can't get your entire body clean.
      Its bloody stupid. I didn't even know about it till my little brother's hockey team was over. There are some ninth graders on it who are doing the hockey program and they were talking about showering in underwear at the arena after and were told to bring a second pair to put on before going to school (duurrrrr). Its ridiculous. They were like yeah, we sweat our asses off out there and then take a shower in our underwear and your pubes are all nasty and greasy the whole day because you can't wash properly through the cloth.

No idea why but its true and I"m just glad I have PE last period. I can come home and shower. Screw that stupid rule.

maseb wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

I agree. Did they think everyone is going to class in wet underpants?
      It's an unsolved mystery to me!
    • collin13 wrote:

Well what are they going to do if you shower naked? Fail you? Suspend you? How would they even know. I still think its weird that so many of you sweat in PE class. Our PE class is a joke and I've never sweated. But that's not important. IF I did sweat I would shower. And if I showered it would be naked. And if they honestly tried to discipline me, well first I'd fight it cuz a good lawyer could win that crap easy, but if they did make me shower in underwear I would have the school wash my underwear immediately. Even just sitting a couple hours those underwears would start stinking bad! They aren't absordant like towels and don't dry like swimsuits.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

collin13 wrote:

Well what are they going to do if you shower naked? Fail you? Suspend you? How would they even know. I still think its weird that so many of you sweat in PE class. Our PE class is a joke and I've never sweated. But that's not important. IF I did sweat I would shower. And if I showered it would be naked. And if they honestly tried to discipline me, well first I'd fight it cuz a good lawyer could win that crap easy, but if they did make me shower in underwear I would have the school wash my underwear immediately. Even just sitting a couple hours those underwears would start stinking bad! They aren't absordant like towels and don't dry like swimsuits.
      No idea. I don't even care. Like I said, its last period of the day and its easy enough for me to come home and shower. As for the underwear, I think the expectation is you bring a dry pair and put the wet pair in a bag, at least that is what the guys at hockey are doing.

I always sweat pretty good in PE, but then again we play sports and get a lot of activity in.

No clue if they'll watch or discipline people. Last year in 9th grade PE we showered and it was a non issue.
    • If for some reason a rule like that was passed in my school I'd definitely ignore it and shower nude. Yes I shower after each PE class, even if I'm not drenched in sweat. If I sweat just a little I may not notice it but others sure would, and I don't like smelling other people so I don't want others to have to put up with any of my body odor.

The whole premise of showering in underwear is just ridiculous
    • maseb wrote:

If for some reason a rule like that was passed in my school I'd definitely ignore it and shower nude. Yes I shower after each PE class, even if I'm not drenched in sweat. If I sweat just a little I may not notice it but others sure would, and I don't like smelling other people so I don't want others to have to put up with any of my body odor.

The whole premise of showering in underwear is just ridiculous
      Well as my parents say, the whole world has gone insane. This is just another symptom of that.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

bowieme wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

Said it before, and I'll say it again. In the 4 years I've had PE classes, I've not sweated in one of them. But I guess everybody's PE classes is different.
      you must not be trying very hard
      nobody is. PE is a joke. Mostly everyone just talks and flirts and jokes.
      not the class i’m in everyone’s really into sports and working out so we all work up a sweat
    • bowieme wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

bowieme wrote:

Gabraham247 wrote:

Said it before, and I'll say it again. In the 4 years I've had PE classes, I've not sweated in one of them. But I guess everybody's PE classes is different.
      you must not be trying very hard
      nobody is. PE is a joke. Mostly everyone just talks and flirts and jokes.
      not the class i’m in everyone’s really into sports and working out so we all work up a sweat
      That's the way ours were too. I stopped taking Gym at school though cos my soccer coach went nuts when he found out a few of us were registered for PE again this semester (afraid of injuries). But we worked our asses off in PE and generally were quite ripe by the end of it.