Showering at school after P.E.

• I guess PE is different over here (UK to USA im guessing) as we did sports like basketball/netball, hockey, athletic, rounders... definitely things you could get sweaty, hot and occasionally really muddy

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • bowieme wrote:

not the class i’m in everyone’s really into sports and working out so we all work up a sweat
      Well when you're used to playing real sports with real athletes then you're put in a class with kids afraid of a soft ball, you tend to stop playing hard. Plus you're not going to tire yourself out or hurt you for your after school team either. Its just not worth trying to score a basket against a 4'11 girl or a kid who's 50 pounds overweight. I'd much rather talk with girls. I've seen the "advanced PE" classes too and they're also jokes. I'll probably take weights next year. I won't sweat there either, but it will be a good class.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

bowieme wrote:

not the class i’m in everyone’s really into sports and working out so we all work up a sweat
      Well when you're used to playing real sports with real athletes then you're put in a class with kids afraid of a soft ball, you tend to stop playing hard. Plus you're not going to tire yourself out or hurt you for your after school team either. Its just not worth trying to score a basket against a 4'11 girl or a kid who's 50 pounds overweight. I'd much rather talk with girls. I've seen the "advanced PE" classes too and they're also jokes. I'll probably take weights next year. I won't sweat there either, but it will be a good class.
      these classes are only jokes if you make them
      jokes ;)
    • BJade wrote:

I guess PE is different over here (UK to USA im guessing) as we did sports like basketball/netball, hockey, athletic, rounders... definitely things you could get sweaty, hot and occasionally really muddy
      We play basketball, soccer and football when the weather is good(and I'm in USA so thats not redundant) and indoor hockey in the winter
    • maseb wrote:

BJade wrote:

I guess PE is different over here (UK to USA im guessing) as we did sports like basketball/netball, hockey, athletic, rounders... definitely things you could get sweaty, hot and occasionally really muddy
      We play basketball, soccer and football when the weather is good(and I'm in USA so thats not redundant) and indoor hockey in the winter
      Ya we (US, where I live in the PNW) play team sports like basketball, soccer, football, etc. And we also do juggling, unicycling, archery, ping pong, badminton, etc.

Listen, maybe I'm in the minority when I say PE is a non-sweating joke of a class. It appears I am. It appears the majority of y'all sweat a river of smelly, gross, sweaty sweat in your PE classes that you have to shower ofc your bodies lol. Everyone I've ever talked to irl also agree PE is a joke. So maybe it's just a joke in the PNW (Washington, Oregon, Idaho) lol. Maybe it's bc I'm a fairly athletic guy who has to dumb it down for my classmates. I'm sure if I played 5on5 basketball with 9 other guys from the school team that we would sweat, but that's not an accurate representation of a true HS PE class. I've been told PE is only a joke because I let it become a joke but actually there's no way me hustling in PE would make the PE class change. The 2 teachers and 70 other people in class would have to change first.
    • Gabraham247 wrote:

maseb wrote:

BJade wrote:

Ya we (US, where I live in the PNW) play team sports like basketball, soccer, football, etc. And we also do juggling, unicycling, archery, ping pong, badminton, etc.
      Listen, maybe I'm in the minority when I say PE is a non-sweating joke of a class. It appears I am. It appears the majority of y'all sweat a river of smelly, gross, sweaty sweat in your PE classes that you have to shower ofc your bodies lol. Everyone I've ever talked to irl also agree PE is a joke. So maybe it's just a joke in the PNW (Washington, Oregon, Idaho) lol. Maybe it's bc I'm a fairly athletic guy who has to dumb it down for my classmates. I'm sure if I played 5on5 basketball with 9 other guys from the school team that we would sweat, but that's not an accurate representation of a true HS PE class. I've been told PE is only a joke because I let it become a joke but actually there's no way me hustling in PE would make the PE class change. The 2 teachers and 70 other people in class would have to change first.
      Holy fuck! You have 70 people in a class there? How is that even effective????
    • collin13 wrote:

Holy fuck! You have 70 people in a class there? How is that even effective????
      My HS combines 2 classes into 1. It's JUST for PE no other classes. And there's 2 teachers. So officially they aren't breaking any laws. Idk why they do it. It seems to work. Tbh I wonder if they do it cuz the teachers are lazy. I like it cuz it doubles the chances my friends are in the same class.
    • 70 kids in one p.e. class and only 2 coaches? That ratio of students to coaches doesn't sound correct at all. Right off the start, what about kid's safety?

Yikes, no wonder some of you don't sweat. I can't imagine 70 naked boys all lined up trying to get in and out of the showers. That class size is double what it is here and none of us have the time to take long showers.
    • pahern0317 wrote:

70 kids in one p.e. class and only 2 coaches? That ratio of students to coaches doesn't sound correct at all. Right off the start, what about kid's safety?

Yikes, no wonder some of you don't sweat. I can't imagine 70 naked boys all lined up trying to get in and out of the showers. That class size is double what it is here and none of us have the time to take long showers.
      Its really not a big deal. Or at !east I never thought it was until now. Regarding the showers, it's only half of that. 35 boys. 35 girls. Boys and girls shower separately. Unfortunately. Lol. As for everything else, like I said, you just get used to it. Each class of 35 takes separate roll so it doesn't take forever. Then we combine. Do our stretching and pushups or whatever. Then we do our activity together. I mean 70 kids in our huge 3-court gymnasium or 2-field football field isn't crowded. It's no different than when English classes open our room dividers once a quarter to watch a movie or take a test together. It's still 2 classes in 2 rooms (minus a wall). It's not like they are making kids sit in each others laps and share a desk lol.
    • gmckinney wrote:

Yea it kinda is but I personally don't shower after P.E, I just usually get changed, spray on perfume, and roll. I don't mind changing in front of my female peers but our showers are disgusting and haven't been cleaned since 1995 so BAD IDEA
      Eek and I don't blame you. Has anyone complained to the coaches or someone else in authority at your school? Our locker room is kept clean and well maintained. Sometimes a janitor will run a mop in the middle of the day. It seems like overkill when we are all still changing and showering. Hoping the janitor is only doing his job and not looking at us. But that's a thought for another day.
    • pahern0317 wrote:

gmckinney wrote:

Yea it kinda is but I personally don't shower after P.E, I just usually get changed, spray on perfume, and roll. I don't mind changing in front of my female peers but our showers are disgusting and haven't been cleaned since 1995 so BAD IDEA
      Eek and I don't blame you. Has anyone complained to the coaches or someone else in authority at your school? Our locker room is kept clean and well maintained. Sometimes a janitor will run a mop in the middle of the day. It seems like overkill when we are all still changing and showering. Hoping the janitor is only doing his job and not looking at us. But that's a thought for another day.
      Yes, they don't do anything
    • pahern0317 wrote:

Most likely everyone who enters a locker room should be there, they are simply doing there job, and aren't looking at others showering or changing, and if they are, they aren't getting off on it. I made a post once about a coach who once had a conversation with me in the shower and I truly think it could've waited till later, but apparently he didn't think it could wait. I really like this coach, but for whatever reason I get creeped out when older people I know see me naked. Not people my age. Not older strangers. Just old people I know. But even worse than that is seeing basketball officials naked or them seeing us. We were having our team meeting once and the refs came in to shower! Even our coach said it was creepy af. He finished the talk as fast as he could but it was the longest 2 minutes of my life.