Whats the point of living

• Whats the point of living

seriously? Anyone had a solid answer for that?
      It just seems meaningless to me. Living is like. You set goals. When you achieved it, it'd end. Its over. Nothing else. What else can you do besides achieving what you want. Nothing. And noone cares. Its just stupid. You get good grades in high school to get into college and get a job and be rich. And thats happy? thats all? seriously fuck it. fuck everything. Sometimes i just wish i don't exist. Its stupid.:mad:
      If I kissed your lips for the last time
      Please don't say if it's so
      Tell my heart it's not goodbye
    • Re: Whats the point of living

I guess everyone has their own reason for wanting to live, and if they don't want to then they don't.
      If going through high-school, getting a good job and having a family makes you happy, then go for it, but it's not for everyone. If that doesn't make you happy then set another goal for yourself, something you actually do want.

Sar-uh? wrote:

I guess everyone has their own reason for wanting to live, and if they don't want to then they don't.
      If going through high-school, getting a good job and having a family makes you happy, then go for it, but it's not for everyone. If that doesn't make you happy then set another goal for yourself, something you actually do want.

well..i don't know what i want. I really don't. I just felt...nothing. I'm all empty.
      If I kissed your lips for the last time
      Please don't say if it's so
      Tell my heart it's not goodbye

It sounds like things are really hard for you at the moment which is why it's good that you've posted because it sounds like you need some support. What's making you feel so down at the moment? Often when people feel down they can't see the good in anything but just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. You might not be able to see a point now but that doesn't mean there isn't one - you just haven't found YOURS. What do you like doing? What makes you feel good? Try and focus on those things for a while and talk to the people you care about. When you feel down it can sometimes seem like you're on your own but you really aren't. Even if you feel like you can't talk to the people around you you can always talk to people here. Take care :)
      [RIGHT]keep some mystery...
      [/RIGHT]

We can't tell you what your purpose in life is, because you choose that yourself, but in a very general sense, it's continually doing things that make you happy. For some people, yes, that is having a job, wife, education, etc. For someone else, it may be trying to change the world for the better. Don't be narrow-minded, but find something you think is important to you. It seems you want more than what's on the surface - like jobs, money, etc. - so find something that deeply connects with you that may take a lifetime to perfect.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

There is no inherent destiny or purpose for us being here in my opinion, but there is meaning to life, there is a lot of meaning to life.

“No matter what we’re doing in our world, in our life, it’s always a search for some sort of happiness,” Ajahn Brahm says. “The meaning of happiness is the meaning of life.”

If you think about EVERYTHING you do in life, it is to feel good, happy, or to steer away from feeling negative. But I am referring to the true nature of happiness here which cannot be found in any store, in nothing material and knows no attachment. true happiness comes from within and not from any external source. So when somebody asks me what is the meaning of life, I would say it is compassion, to be happy, to be at peace with yourself and the world and to stay true to oneself.
      ''there is no way to peace, peace is the way''

It is my belief as a person who trusts in science that there is no point to life, unlike a religious person who would see the point of life as being like a test to determine what your afterlife will be like. I use there being no raison of existence as an opportunity to live simply for the enjoyment of it. Maybe it's better that there's no point to life because this way you can live however you want, as opposed to having to live in a certain way in order to get to heaven.

The post was edited 7 times, last by No1sPerfect ().

Hello :)

What is point of living? To fulfil purpose. Every person has a purpose. For some, it is to help others. Others, to become great writers. To be a logical whiz. To make masterpieces of art. To be the world's greatest dog trainer. To juggle twenty balls at once. To have a family. To have children. To see amazing sights in the world. To become great philosophers. There are a billion purposes...you need to find them. For some people, merely searching for a purpose can be a life well spent.

At this age, EVERYONE gets restless. Not many know what their purpose is. I know mine; to help others, to understand through philosophy and to write. What is yours? You don't know? That's normal. You may well not know now, in a year, a decade - maybe not until you are old. But when you realise - and I say WHEN, not IF - when you realise, you will know that your life has been well spent.

Now let's face it, I'm a random stranger - why should you listen to me? Because I wondered what my purpose was also. Since I was ten years old, I have searched for purpose. I have travelled across Western Russia and the whole of England in search of purpose. I have pondered philosophy, literature, mathematics, logic, sciences, religions, skills, aspects, histories, people - all of it. And even I'm still not 100% sure. You are aware that you don't know your purpose, and therefore, you will find it sooner than those who are not aware.

Trust me, keep trying aye?

Much love dude.

~Anya x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

LonesomeStranger wrote:

seriously? Anyone had a solid answer for that?
      It just seems meaningless to me. Living is like. You set goals. When you achieved it, it'd end. Its over. Nothing else. What else can you do besides achieving what you want. Nothing. And noone cares. Its just stupid. You get good grades in high school to get into college and get a job and be rich. And thats happy? thats all? seriously fuck it. fuck everything. Sometimes i just wish i don't exist. Its stupid.:mad:

There is no point to life.. THe fact remains, we are so insignificant and we play no minor or major role that impacts the universe..

We go around, completely obsessed with our heads up our asses thinking that we're so important.. In reality, we're not.. We're just another spontaneous forms of life, drifting along in this ancient universe.. Short lived, we are.

You work your ass off then you die, thats life? Fuck that, in all honesty its a waste of time.. If it was morally acceptable, I'm sure the majority of us would be dead before the age of 40.. Suicide that is..

I ponder this question all the time..
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Some people live for themselfs and wait of happiness,
      Some people live for others and wait for happiness.
      do you got any difference here.
      here first one try to suicide on not getting happiness.
      and second one cant suicide, coz they have to live for others, and they gets happiness.
      No one can declare the end of happiness.
      And everyhuman is living just only for happiness more and more happiness.
      Because For a Racer, A story is there.
      No matter How powerfull your car is, but the matter is How you Drive to win the Race.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]