Keep getting stuck

• Keep getting stuck

Okay, so..

Everytime I start talking to a girl, and eventually getting to like her, things will go brilliantly.. We'll get along great and I'll think about asking her out somewhere.

Then, when it actually comes to the time, I'll realise something could actually happen here, and a million reasons previously unthought of will flood my head about how it's a bad idea and why I shouldn't see them, and I'll eventually leave them alone.. Tends to leave them pretty pissed at me saying I just lead them on for funsies and whatever (which is fair enough, but I'm not trying to).

I keep telling myself ahh well, it'll be better next time, but it's not. I'll always back the fuck out, and I'm getting a reputation as being a dick because of it, and I'm not, I'm a dick for lots of other reasons :)

That's the main problem anyway, it's not that I'm nervous at all, I just end up thinking to myself things like 'ahh she's too far away and it'd be too much hassle' (that's actually the main culprit).

Then, the little side problem - you ever get that feeling that you know someone's starting to like you? Yeah, always seems to happen whenever I back out of it with someone else.. Almost like a rebound, but I really don't want that to happen either..

HALP!? Sort me out or whatever isi?
    • Re: Keep getting stuck

When you start to back out, and the thoughts of what bad may happen start to come into your head, just push them out by thinking of all the good that could. Cancel out each bad thought in your mind. It's like making a list of pros and cons, only focus on making those pros, because you know you want to date the girl.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: Keep getting stuck

The fact that they are getting pissed at you for breaking it off proves that they did want you to initiate that you wanted to go further. While this may give you a bad reputation, let it build your confidence in knowing that these people actually do want you to ask them out and when you don't, they are disappointed. If they didn't want you to ask them out, they would be happy, not disappointed or angry.

However, realize that your continual contribution to your bad reputation may lead you to a dead end, where you will no longer get chances if opinions about you spread far enough, as they tend to do. I completely understand why you break things off, but be aware that other people may not understand and that's why it gives you a negative image. If you know you're not going to go farther with someone, then stay away from them in the first place and you don't give yourself the chance to cast a negative shadow on yourself.

When these thoughts fill your mind, just ask yourself if you want to yet again contribute to your reputation or if you want to ask them out and inevitably receive a yes. Receiving a yes is the most probable case since the other girls were disappointed that you didn't ask them. Once you ask yourself this question, the choice should be very clear.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President