Yeah, gonna need some advice (Thanks in advance for reading/replying)

• Yeah, gonna need some advice (Thanks in advance for reading/replying)

Alright, teenager in high school, wondering what to do with my spare time after school according to my personality ( or something like that). Interested in piano, somewhat in art, somewhat into photography, comedy, soccer (will tryout for soccer team and am practicing with absolutely no experience with playing soccer before now. Practicing in general with dribbles and stuff).

I dress sharp, people give compliments (polo ralph lauren, sweaters sweatervests, ties, nice sneakers). Some people see me as quiet but I haven't gotten that comment since 8th grade. I'd to say I'm dark-humored, witty, sarcastic with a use of dry humor. I can make people, they'd just have to understand my type of humor. Last year my class would laugh numerously at my witt, but it doesn't work as much this year so far, or even when I had a summer job and tried to be sarcastic with my co workers. I always just walking aroun the neighborhood or town shared my insight and personality, but it's not as what I expected (walking sole, hands in pocket, cinematic like experince).

I read; fiction and non-fiction, philosophy, a lot of insightful things. I write; planning to write stories and such. People say that I dress well. Feel I like doing some exquisite or some shit in my spare time. Looking for a girlfriend, but don't know how, (No I have to talk to girls I'm talking about obtaining one, otherwise every girl would be mine) Person experinces would help. Would be interested in camping, fishing, adventuring, discovering exploring the natural but obviously can't do that yet. I hang out with the bros at least once a week. I have to do something about this. Think I'll go insane with my spare time being so lifeless.

Thanks.
    • Re: Yeah, gonna need some advice (Thanks in advance for reading/replying)

I'm not entirely sure why you need help thinking of things to do after school. You actually sound very similar to me, interest-wise and sarcasm appreciation. But you have listed a boat load of interests and I'm not sure why you need help. Photography, piano, art, soccer, comedy, reading, and writing are all things you can do on your own...

If you want to be productive though, I would suggest volunteering. You could teach art to elementary students at a local church or youth facility. Or give piano lessons. Practice soccer with a few friends.

Since you dabble in art and like reading/writing, have you considered submitting your work to a magazine. There's a great one called Teen Ink that publishes art, writing, reviews, and other literary and visual work of teens in a magazine and on their website. This will provide motivation to write your planned stories as well as experiment with art.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

Anotherteenangstmovie wrote:

Alright, teenager in high school, wondering what to do with my spare time after school according to my personality ( or something like that). Interested in piano, somewhat in art, somewhat into photography, comedy, soccer (will tryout for soccer team and am practicing with absolutely no experience with playing soccer before now. Practicing in general with dribbles and stuff).

I dress sharp, people give compliments (polo ralph lauren, sweaters sweatervests, ties, nice sneakers). Some people see me as quiet but I haven't gotten that comment since 8th grade. I'd to say I'm dark-humored, witty, sarcastic with a use of dry humor. I can make people, they'd just have to understand my type of humor. Last year my class would laugh numerously at my witt, but it doesn't work as much this year so far, or even when I had a summer job and tried to be sarcastic with my co workers. I always just walking aroun the neighborhood or town shared my insight and personality, but it's not as what I expected (walking sole, hands in pocket, cinematic like experince).

I read; fiction and non-fiction, philosophy, a lot of insightful things. I write; planning to write stories and such. People say that I dress well. Feel I like doing some exquisite or some shit in my spare time. Looking for a girlfriend, but don't know how, (No I have to talk to girls I'm talking about obtaining one, otherwise every girl would be mine) Person experinces would help. Would be interested in camping, fishing, adventuring, discovering exploring the natural but obviously can't do that yet. I hang out with the bros at least once a week. I have to do something about this. Think I'll go insane with my spare time being so lifeless.

Thanks.

Find a club you like at your school, you have a broad range of interests I'm sure your school has something..

And who knows, u join a club and maybe there will be a classy chick in thar for u..
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Thanks for that TeenInk thing. But seriously you're forgetting that I'm a 15 year old teenager. I can't just go around volunteer and teach college kids how to draw.

Thing about Photography and Piano, is that I NEVER did those things so I can't just start and do that out of nowhere. Would have to takes classes or something? Have no idea what to do with the comedy thing. Last year I tried out for the talent show as a comedian and didn' make it.

I already did a summer job at a community center so I had volunteering done already. Not too many clubs are that good at the school, or are even that active. Last year I joined the Drama Club and We only met like 2 times out of the whole and wasn't very productive or fun. They talked about doing plays and what not but nothing happened. The 3rd time I didn't even go and just sat out the theatre. None of my friends play soccer. Soccer Tryouts for the new soccer season doesn't start until May.

Thanks.

You're so lucky you have extra time.
      If I were you I'd spend a lot of that time on the piano. It's beautiful making music, it's everything, at least to me. But of course, I could spend a couple hours staring at the sky, so I'm not the best person to ask if you actually want to do something.

But it really depends on what you love the most.

Do what you think you should do.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thing is, I don't KNOW what I should do. It's like I'm stuck. I know there's something out there but I can't put my finger on it. I feel restricted, like the world is small. But in fact, the world is 100 percent open and utterly infinite in possibilities and variations, but I only do a few things in spare time to my likeness. Why?

Can't do anything about the piano because now I'm not able to get a piano class this. I would have to buy a real piano and then hire an instructor. Have no idea how to do that.

Well you don't need a teacher or lessons to play the piano... I've never had either and I can only use one arm but I still play piano. Try messing around with the keys and then matching the sounds to a song you like. I've figured out a few songs just by listening and it just takes time- which is what you have :p you also don't need a teacher necessarily for photography or art. Just grab a camera and walk around finding things that look nice and take pictures. Just have fun, don't try and be perfect at something. Try looking for a local soccer team or kids who do play soccer and ask them to help you learn. If you feel like you need to be doing something productive then volunteering is good. Also soon you can apply for a job and you'll be driving soon to open up your options. I personally play video games, swim, read, and go to the movies in my free time, I play soccer when it's in season. There are plenty of options but I know it can be difficult to find the right thing

you dont sound like someone who needs help.
      if you want, why not try out for soccer? what harm could it do.
      Or I thought you might be interested in some kind of theatre group? either acting, or putting your witt to good use helping with script writing.
      You also mentioned an interest in music.
      If your looking for something that will take over most if not all of your spare time, why not think about starting up an ameture theatre group?
      Use your sarcasm and witt for a script, and your interest in music for.. well, music. And you could also use your interest in photography to advertise. But undertsand it will take a huge amount of dedication. so maybe not a very good idea if you are still in school :)X