So there's this girl... And then there's some complications

• So there's this girl... And then there's some complications

So there is this girl I like and I'm pretty sure she likes me, but there are... complications to say the least. Complications:
      1. Her boyfriend.
      • he is in college, but I'm on good terms with him...

2.my friends.
      •they don't trust her (she's been called a whore quite a bit before)
      •one of my friends had a serious crush on her, but he said he's through with her, idk, all's fair in love and war?

3. Her friends.
      •I'm a weird guy to say the least.*
      •they don't like my friends, I think they like me though

4. Her.
      •she's picked up other guys and dropped them like a bad habit, but they were all dickheads.*
      •will it be different this time? I feel it's different this time.
      •she's a little heavyset, but it's not bad.

5. I really love this girl.*:love1:

HALP ME! WAT DO?:confused:
      [FONT="Courier New"]A question that often drives me hazy, am I or the others crazy?[/FONT]-Einstein.
    • Re: So there's this girl... And then there's some complications

I'm not even going to move beyond the first bullet point. She has a boyfriend. Period. End of story. I have a pretty low opinion of cheating and someone who will dump their boyfriend to get together with you will later dump you to get with someone else. The easy road would be to delude yourself and say "But she likes me! I'm different! She wouldn't do that to me!" That's great, but it's also what the last person probably said too.

You already seem to be setting yourself up with this way of thinking; you did it pretty well with the cop-out: "she's picked up other guys and dropped them like a bad habit, but they were all dickheads." The implication here is that you are trying to convince yourself 'She left these guys because they were dickheads. I'm not a dickhead, ergo she will not leave me.' I think I would definitely consider the opinions of your friends, especially when it comes to how past events will affect future results. In other words... if they don't trust her, don't automatically dismiss their opinions without asking why they don't trust her.

If you really like this girl. I think the best thing you can do is stand back and wait until she is single, without doing anything to help make her single, if you get what I mean.

Jenna really said it good.

She has a boyfriend. It's really not going to be in your benefit, until she breaks up with him. Otherwise, you're just going to be walking dangerous grounds for yourself. With your emotions and if her boyfriend ever finds out.

I say, tough love. Move on.

Yeah. I guess.
      Bummer, I've loved this girl since 4th grade, now she finally likes me and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
      Yeah I thought it would have been a dick move.
      [FONT="Courier New"]A question that often drives me hazy, am I or the others crazy?[/FONT]-Einstein.

Jenna wrote:

I'm not even going to move beyond the first bullet point. She has a boyfriend. Period. End of story. I have a pretty low opinion of cheating and someone who will dump their boyfriend to get together with you will later dump you to get with someone else. The easy road would be to delude yourself and say "But she likes me! I'm different! She wouldn't do that to me!" That's great, but it's also what the last person probably said too.

You already seem to be setting yourself up with this way of thinking; you did it pretty well with the cop-out: "she's picked up other guys and dropped them like a bad habit, but they were all dickheads." The implication here is that you are trying to convince yourself 'She left these guys because they were dickheads. I'm not a dickhead, ergo she will not leave me.' I think I would definitely consider the opinions of your friends, especially when it comes to how past events will affect future results. In other words... if they don't trust her, don't automatically dismiss their opinions without asking why they don't trust her.

If you really like this girl. I think the best thing you can do is stand back and wait until she is single, without doing anything to help make her single, if you get what I mean.

... so much for helping hm

kellylee wrote:

Jenna really said it good.

She has a boyfriend. It's really not going to be in your benefit, until she breaks up with him. Otherwise, you're just going to be walking dangerous grounds for yourself. With your emotions and if her boyfriend ever finds out.

I say, tough love. Move on.

who cares if the boyfriend finds out if he gets the girl he wants in the end???

Invent42 wrote:

Yeah. I guess.
      Bummer, I've loved this girl since 4th grade, now she finally likes me and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
      Yeah I thought it would have been a dick move.

ok sadly other peeps got to this before i can come and atleast give you some advice. ok lets focus on bullet number one which is honestly the most important of them all.

she has a boyfriend, meaning that your chances with her are really slim, but since you sound like a guy who is lovestruck i will give you some help to atleast put you in the position you want to be in, in case you are presented with the oppurtunity.

number 1. is you have to respect the fact she has a boyfriend and honestly thats half of the battle. what you can best do to put yourself in prime position is keep being the friend oyou have been to her, show her some affection but friendly affection if you catch my drift. everything you do has to be subtle. make some offers that a boyfriend would usually make but do it with a very friendly manner and whenever you spend time with her make her forget she has a boyfriend. the main goal of it all is to let her see that there is someone out there very close to her that could turn into something special. always always respect her and let her see it. i promise you that in her head she will be thinking about you in a different light. and if the oppurtunity presents itself take it, dont hold back
      F.i.L.A Forever.I.Love.Atlanta

@woodz is so hilariously truthful. I think all hope isn't lost man, those were only two statement from girls who have only slightly what your going through. Gf/BF never stay long cuz they always looking for a better person to walk into their life. Her BF's in college and I take it she's in HS than? Well better and maybe not so much. They're not married so its not like she's bound to him so it still game, if you think she's worth it. On the other hand she's dating a College guy which means she's looking for someone probably mature or something. Aim for the sky dude.
      [COLOR="Red"]You're a man in the highest category of Moron.[/COLOR]

I stopped reading after number 1. She has a boyfriend, she is not available for a relationship, end of story. I'm not going to encourage cheating, think how you'd feel if someone was chasing your girlfriend. Your best option would be to leave well alone until she becomes single.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I know how it feels for someone to go after a girl I like. Its always ell me that she inspires someone to go for it. If she would dumb me for him then it teaches me that I probably didn't try hard enough or that she wasn't the one for me
      [COLOR="Red"]You're a man in the highest category of Moron.[/COLOR]

im going to side with jenna and kelly here, she has a bf, you need to respect that she is with someone else, if you really do like her you would never put her in the position where she will cheat on her bf and regret it for a long time, if you want to be with this girl you need to either wait until her relationship may end (it may not end for a very long time) or just simply move on, i have been in your position where ive really liked a girl who was in a relationship, but i could never try and break them up for my own gain, you say she left the other guys because they were "dickheads" how do you know she wont see you in the same light if you get with her while she was still in the relationship?
      im going to disagree with woodz and captain awesome, he said that it doesnt matter as long as you get the girl, and that people in relationships are just looking for the next best thing to come along, thats not the best way of thinking, its selfish and people see through it very quickly and you will end up with nothing if you use this mentality, she may hate you for trying to come between her and her bf. if you want her, the best thing you can really do is wait your turn, how long you are willing to wait is up for you, but when someone is in a relationship you should always have it in the back of your mind that a couple could be together for a very long time, no person truely knows how good or bad a couple are together. personally i think the best and healthiest thing you can do is try your best to move on if it happens down the road when both of you are single then great, but leave it alone for now.

god people are on some very high morale horses on here, no need to shoot the guy down before he can even get started. no one is asking the girl to cheat at all, if anything she would realize she likes this guy better then her college bf and breaks it off with the college guy for him. doesnt sound like cheating to me????and if someone has a b/f or g/f and someone is trying to pursue your significant other, if you are a great guy and she truly loves you and bla bla bla then there is nothing to worry about. but since he says she drops guys very often anyway this one could only be around for a short time anyway, why not increase your chances of getting with her while you wait? and as to what capt. awesome said (thats an awesome name mr. awesome) the whole thing she is looking for a mature guy is probably true so keep that in mind as well. happy hunting! dont let these others discourage you from what YOU want to do. its your life, and if you really love this girl like you claim then i see no reason in not atleast trying. the biggest regrets in life are things you didnt do that you wish you atleast tried
      F.i.L.A Forever.I.Love.Atlanta

Zdravstvuytye :)

There are those who think about the actions that take place individually in one story, and there are those who think about the consequences at the end. I think that you must do both in order to be happy.

It has been stated that it is normal for one to feel such affection for a girl, and despite what could happen, you should go for it, ignoring the fact that she has a boyfriend. However, you must think about it more clearly. It would be fun at the time, but think of the consequences. Firstly, you would perhaps get on the bad side of someone who would normally have been okay with you, thus causing conflict and difficulties. And yes, he will most definitely wish to cause problems for you and her. Secondly, think about it dude...if she would ditch her boyfriend or cheat on him with you...then what is truly stopping her from doing the same to you? If you think that the consequences are worth the time with her then go for it, but personally, looking at it like that, I see no way that it is worth it. But that's just one point. Perhaps that is the main point, but everything must be considered.

You're er.."weird", as you say. Hey dude, if it weren't for us weirdos, then there would be nothing to define what is normal. It's just a balance. Neither weird nor normal are anything without each other, so you and your friends, despite the fact that her friends think you are...odd...should not let this hold you back. That is no reason for you to not date her.

As for your friends; a wise person does not let the thoughts of others rule him, but he doesn't ignore them completely either. You should ask yourself why your friends don't trust this girl, look at it with reason, and consider whether you really want to go for it with someone like that. Don't let their thoughts rule you, but don't ignore them.
      Your friend said that he's through with her, and therefore, is past serious crush on her is irrelevant and not something that will case difficulties in your path.

Once can learn from the history of others what mistakes should be avoided. Look at the guys who this girl has apparently dropped easily. Did they say that they loved her? If so, then your situation is not as different as you may think. Don't be fooled by sweetness, and don't so likely feel that you are different to these other guys. you may think so...but...does she?
      "She left these guys because they were dickheads. I'm not a dickhead, ergo she will not leave me" - this is a quote from Jenna, and I find it very fitting. The fact that you perhaps have a little higher moral stance in comparison to these guys in your opinion does not mean that you will be treated any differently. Do not let this affect your decision. The fact is that she dropped those guys. Whether they were, in your opinion, dickheads or not, is irrelevant.
      Forgive me, but I do not understand the phrase "she is a little heavyset". I'm sorry. Still, you said that it's not bad, and so I doubt it is relevant.

You state that you love her. Love is a strong word - stronger than hate and any variant of it, yet people use it so likely and forget its meaning. If someone was to ask you "do you love her?" What would you say? If you say "yes", straight out, no doubt about it, then you love her. However, the slightest bit of doubt means that you don't. You KNOW when you love someone. Still, be that as it may, your love for this girl is, I hate to say it, irrelevant. Only the chances of you being happy and she being happy in this relationship are important. One must not endure hell for love. It's truly not worth it.

Much love dude.

~Anya x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Wow, this thread got fired up.
      Anyway, I think that she would go for it, she said she was thinking of breaking up with him on their one-year, (yesterday), but I would feel like a douche. However, as some people have stated, I am lovestruck. I don't know what to do and all I can think about is her. It's not like I just want a girl, it's that I really love her. I'm not one of those guys that jumps around (I've had one gf, she turned out crazy and abusive). I just really like her. I've known her since kindergarten. I think she like me, the other day she cuddled my arm on the bus for 5 mins, what else could that mean?
      So confus

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Anastasia Salikhova wrote:

Zdravstvuytye :)

You state that you love her. Love is a strong word - stronger than hate and any variant of it, yet people use it so likely and forget its meaning. If someone was to ask you "do you love her?" What would you say? If you say "yes", straight out, no doubt about it, then you love her. However, the slightest bit of doubt means that you don't. You KNOW when you love someone. Still, be that as it may, your love for this girl is, I hate to say it, irrelevant. Only the chances of you being happy and she being happy in this relationship are important. One must not endure hell for love. It's truly not worth it.

Much love dude.

~Anya x

I love her, no pause.