What should my next moves be?

• What should my next moves be?

Okay, so, I'm kind of interested in this girl, she has the same interests as myself, programming, robotics, etc, which is damn rare for a girl.
      She's 15, so 3 years younger than me... not sure if, age = problem?

Anyway, we've been talking and stuff, nothing much, just the usual, but I'd like to try and go farther than a friendship.

So is the friendship step skipped, or do I become friends with her, and then try?
      Or should I just hint right now and hope for the best? and HOW should I hint?
      We've only known each other for little over a week, so not enough to time to really get to know each other.

PS: When talking to her where should I look? Eyes? I tend to just look at something else, like something behind her... :nono:
      Er, compliment her? like what should I say?

I got passed the fear of talking to girls I'm attracted to, but now I have nothing to say, which is kind of sucky.

thanks doods.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dexter. ().

• Re: What should my next moves be?

Friendship is integral in moving forward with someone. You can't win the World Series if you haven't learned baseball. Skipping friendship kind of says, "I'm desperate for you and I don't want to spend time getting to know you first." Some girls might be flattered that you want them so badly...others...not so much.

Like you said, most girls aren't interested in programming or robotics. There are two beautiful girls in my computer science class in college and I'm like omgwtfbbqsauce why are you here? This girl is probably more intelligent and of higher maturity than girls around her, so age shouldn't be much of an issue.

If you want to hint, try telling her that her talents really impress you. Do not say you are impressed because she's a girl and does all of that. You will come off as rude and sexist. Tie it into your interests and just tell her you admire her for her interests. Avoid gender at all cost. If you have to brush against the mention of gender, side-step it differently by saying she seems more intelligent than most people you've met. Anyone will start asking questions about why you admire them if you hint at it, and girls can push the gender subject if they feel you're comparing them to other people, so be careful. And I wouldn't comment on her looks yet - assuming you think she is pretty - because that is pushing the envelope of hinting during friendship.

Look at her eyes. It shows confidence. Looking anywhere else either says you don't have confidence or you aren't interested. If you look behind her or around her, then she will assume you're not interested in what she has to say. If you look anywhere below her eyes (and no I don't mean you're checking her out, just looking downward), then that shows a lack of confidence which is not attractive.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

She is Younger than 3 years. I dont think this makes any problem.
      as you told you both have interest in same things, it is good enough to impress.
      if you impress her perfectly at being a friend, she will propose you herself.
      and look her eyes.
      Because For a Racer, A story is there.
      No matter How powerfull your car is, but the matter is How you Drive to win the Race.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you 18? Cause I'm 15, and my bf is 18. If that's the case, then you can date, you just can't do anything sexual with her, depending on where you live.

Anyway, become friends with her. If you reeally like her, you can wait for a couple whilst you try to befriend her. Look in her eyes, and some compliments will be nice for now, just not a whole lot, it might freak her out. Tell her you like her shoes, or an accessory she is wearing, something small.

Wait for a couple weeks, and if everything goes well, then you can tell her you have feelings for her,

Hope I helped! :D
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

artizhay wrote:

If you want to hint, try telling her that her talents really impress you. Do not say you are impressed because she's a girl and does all of that. You will come off as rude and sexist. Tie it into your interests and just tell her you admire her for her interests. Avoid gender at all cost. If you have to brush against the mention of gender, side-step it differently by saying she seems more intelligent than most people you've met.

Patrick is awesomesauce. He's also absolutely right. I'm a girl that happens to be very interested in two atypically girlish subjects: gaming and theoretical physics. There's nothing that starts off with a bad impression more than a guy saying something like "Wow, you know <fill in the blank> and you're a girl??" That doesn't win you points, it just makes you look like a chauvinistic jackass. That's not to say that you can't be impressed with her because she's intelligent, or because she like unusual subjects, but tying that in with the fact she's a girl isn't the best way to start out.

But to get back to the bigger picture... I think you are trying too hard. You are already talking to her, and you already have something in common. Just build off of it. Think of your common interest as your 'home base'. Talk about that and watch for other things to bring into the conversation. If you ever start to panic and don't feel like you have anything else to talk about... return back to 'home base' and talk about those common interests again. That will also help with the anxiety. Knowing that you always have something to fall back on will keep you from panicking about running out of things to talk to her about.

So what about all that friend zone crap? I thought getting out of being friends was hard.

I'm not thinking of doing anything just yet, might go to lunch with her, how should I ask her? She has already asked me once btw, but I completely forgot and had lunch on my own at school instead of going to town with her... fail.

and how am I trying too hard? I'm just preparing myself to try in the future.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dexter. ().

She's 15 and you're 18? I'll tell you how it works where I live..

Tell her you have a car and can drive it.. tell her you have a job.. and tell her you party every weekend.

Bam, you're in.. at least that's how it works here. :\ especially with a 3 year age gap.

However, if you're genuinely interested in her, the best thing to do would be to talk to her and be her friend first. Don't devote all your time to her though, that might make it too obvious that you want her. You need to be careful though because a lot of the time they pull the 'I don't want to lose the friendship' excuse. It's happened to me a lot, and it's really hard to get out of it if she has that kind of mindset. So if that happens, just cherish what you have with her.

Now, as for getting her. Be her friend for a while, and when you think you're ready, come out with your feelings.

As for what to talk to her about, you just need to ask a simple question and build off it.. like if she likes animals, does she work? what does she want to do when she leaves school? etc.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]"Everyone is beautiful.
      Everyone has the right to give and receive love and
      everyone has the right to be accepted and belong. Warts and all."
      [/SIZE][SIZE=6]
      [/SIZE][SIZE=5]C[SIZE=3]all me, I [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]might[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]answe[SIZE=6]r[/SIZE][/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

you're more likely to get a "yes" from her if she knows you a little more. so i'd say just ask her to hang out with you outside of school till she's comfortable with you. but don't stay in the friendship zone. when you feel it' the right time or whatever, ask her out

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

oh yea but keep complimenting her and stuff. what do you like about her? be sincere. don't just make up compliments
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Dexter. wrote:

So what about all that friend zone crap? I thought getting out of being friends was hard.

and how am I trying too hard? I'm just preparing myself to try in the future.

Sorry, I misspoke that part. You aren't trying too hard, but you are thinking about it a little too much. Chances are that you will find you have enough to talk about when you actually just step up and do it.

As far as the friend zone thing... yeah... I don't believe in the 'friend zone'. There are two things that a girl says that is usually a lie: "I don't want to go out with you because I am worried about losing our friendship" and "I'm not interested in a relationship right now" These are both statements that mean "I really like you and don't want to hurt your feelings, but I'm not interested in a romantic relationship with you right now." The 'right now' at the end of that is the operative words. If you get stuck in that situation, the key is to change her mind. But this is a story for a different day, find out if she's really interested in you before you go that far. I guarantee that if she's interested in you, the 'friend zone' will never be an issue.

What megatron said was surprisingly great advice, and to me moving in and out of the friend zone isn't hard, it's damn sexy. But look in her eyes, and go for what you want, for example a girl might see you as a douche on a pussy hit mission if you move to fast, but you will come off as assertive, which gets you more respect than just being awkward IMO... so try and just flow with her, I'm going to sound like a hippie but just try and put out a small vibe of what you want, and try and measure what you get back. Hinting is pretty easy for me too, I don't really know what to say... I just come off that way, I look girls in the eye every once in a while with a certain kind of intensity, compliment them, get them on their own etc. and I don't know, if they give back then I just start with something small like hugging longer than usual or some kind of physical contact. I hate to be the guy that gives you this specific of advice, but if you can't think of a reason to touch her, you could say she has an eyelash on her face, then you *get it for her* after misleading her a bit, and you brush her face a little.
      Hope that helps hombre
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]