[HELP] Loosing weight, and eating right.

• [HELP] Loosing weight, and eating right.

Before anyone posts any other thread links, I HAVE read most of them - including guides. This post is to clarify my ways, and hopefully get feedback on what to do more, and what not to do.
      ---

I have been injured for about a year now, and gained ALOT of weight. I messed up my knee when I was working in the mine, and I weight well over 200+ pounds.

I just got onto my feet again properly, and ready to get rid of it and get a more fit body, and get more active. I am young, so I have a big life ahead of me still and need this.

Below, I will list what I have currently started and need advice if its ok, and what I should add, or perhaps take away.

List:

• Walk for about 30-60 minutes a day, around my neighboorhood. (I have not started to jog, or run yet).

• Eat less, and eat more healthy choices such as fruit and veggies more - and if I eat out I usually get a salad, or a turkey sandwhich on brown bread, etc.

• Push-ups/Sit ups, etc. before bed, and soon to be before work, etc.

I just only started about 4 days ago, and just been walking. Tonight, or whenever I will begin the pushups, and situps, etc. before/after bed.

I need your advice what I can do to improve, and take away to improve my fitness experience. I don't want to be a muscle man, or anything like that. Just fit, and healthy looking, so I can take off my shirt and look like I know what I am doing, ya'know?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
    • Re: [HELP] Loosing weight, and eating right.

RUN, and don't "make healthy choices more", make them all the time, maybe one cheat meal a week, or you should at least work your way down to that. Realistically I think if you push yourself hard, you'll ultimately lose weight, the most important step is just to be active every day
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

dusk wrote:

RUN, and don't "make healthy choices more", make them all the time, maybe one cheat meal a week, or you should at least work your way down to that. Realistically I think if you push yourself hard, you'll ultimately lose weight, the most important step is just to be active every day

True, thanks.

Honestly I'm not sure... I think I would just shoot for a solid "running", not sprinting, but just below that... people have skewed views of jogging a lot of the time If you ask me. I would definitely recommend finding a group as well, just some people you jog (uh oh)/run with to stay motivated, make friends, maybe find a sexy friend :cool:, just a good move in general IMO, I really want to do this right now actually, not to lose weight, but just being active and getting strong. You could also take pictures of your progress. mmm other than that I would say biking would be good, just mixes it up and it's nice because you can cover more distance and make a day out of it if you want to. It's also a lot more fun than walking/running if you ask me.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

What does your diet look like right now? How many grams of fat, carbs, and protein?

Input a regular days' meal plan into fitday (it's a free service), then we could probably help you more.

Also, what is your gender and height?

Things like salmon, chicken, grassfed meats, and whole eggs should be your protein sources.

Asparagus, broccoli, snow peas, and green beans are good for veggies.

Things like nuts are great for fat sources, as well as salmon and herring.

Some supplements you should be taking include: Fish oil, a multivitamin, green tea extract, and Vitamin D (since you don't get enough from food).

Edit: If you're severely overweight, or can't lose much weight by eating balanced, try out Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss, it's a PSMF (basically all protein, little fat and carbs) but should only be used as a last resort. And of course, actually READ the book if you want to go on it, as it has info on refeeds, calories, etc. I myself use the cyclical ketogenic diet, and I'm at 9% bodyfat (according to my last DEXA, was at 13% before starting), the only downside to CKD is that on weekends you gain about 12-13 pounds (due to you eating large amounts of carbs, as carbs retain water) I've found. PSMF probably is a little less on gaining weight during refeeds. But if you're wanting to learn about CKD, Lyle also has a book on that called "The Ketogenic Diet." I'm going to be starting a bulk on it (as it is good for bulking AND cutting) once I am out of uni.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Torn ().