I'm done...

• I am done. I feel worthless. Life feels like it's not worth living anymore. I'm never happy, I wear a mask to fool everyone else. I get teased and laughed at everyday and I can't freaking take it anymore! I feel the pain daily, and it never leaves. Why me? I don't know why I feel this way or why people think it's funny to hurt me. My life feels like a joke. I'm only 14, and my soul can't take the beating anymore. The pain is like a serrated knife stabbing into my heart. Won't someone empathize with me? Be my friend? A confidante? I need someone. But nobody cares about me enough. I'm either ignored or mocked, and if I disappeared, people would either not notice or be disappointed that they can't make fun of me.

What's wrong with me?
    • Re: I'm done...

First of all, there's nothing wrong with you. I've been where you are before... at pretty much the exact time in my life too. I want you to know that it doesn't last forever. It seems like it at the time, but when it's all over you will find that high school was a pathetically short time in your life. To me, it seems like it was over almost as quickly as it started. And then you are free to do whatever you want to do with your life. Just make sure you keep telling yourself that.

Without knowing more about your situation, I will basically just brush on some of the things that I always tell people who are depressed. The first is finding a way to vent your frustration and put all that energy into a more creative pursuit. When I was really depressed, I sat down one day at the piano in my house. It really wasn't anything more than a piece of decoration handed down through our family. I said "what the hell" and started plinking away at it. I got better a little bit at a time, and started writing songs. Some of them were absolutely horrendous and more angsty than a Stephanie Meyer novel, but it didn't matter, I was expressing myself and finding a way to put words to how I felt. I got better and better, I still play the piano today. I'm not professional quality, but I'm pretty damned good.

That's not to say you need to go right out and get a musical instrument to cure your depression. There's no limit to the creative pursuits you can try out. Drawing, painting, poetry, creative writing, the more imaginative the better, because the more imaginative you are, the more your new hobby allows you to escape from what's happening to you.

The other thing is changing your patterns. The biggest problem I see with people who are depressed (and I was no exception) is that we keep doing the exact same things over and over. If you've read any Einstein, his definition of insanity is "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." You need to remember this, because it's important. If your way of dealing with your depression is to shut yourself away in your room every evening, you are doing nothing except perpetuating the cycle. So... instead of doing your normal routine tomorrow, why don't you go outside and take a long walk? Exercise is great for depression. Exercise releases endorphins which improve your mood, and fresh air and sunlight do the same. But even if you don't do that, do something that breaks your current cycle. Because even if you are still depressed, you will end the day saying "It wasn't as good a day as it could of been, but I did something different today, something that I haven't tried before." You would be amazed at how doing this just a few times will start to change your perspective in a big way.

I have the link on my profile to my msn account. I am not the most consistent person about being available there (sorry Kevmo), but I will ALWAYS be willing to talk to you if we catch each other at the same time.

Good luck, and I really hope things improve for you. :hugs:

Zdravstvuytye :)

I think that everyone goes through periods of depression at some point in their life. Everyone deals with it in different ways - and some people can't deal with it at all at first. What you have to remember is that even though this depression in your life seems to be overwhelming you, it truly will not always be like this. Just imagine in ten years time, you'll be starting up your life and beginning your path into the world. All of the problems that you have now will be far behind you; nothing more than a bad memory.

But what can you do until then? Let's face it, the depression is now, and it's making the future look bleak to you. You need to write down a list of the things that you think are causing your depression - your brain can register and process them when it is visual and not just a bunch of information knocking around in your head. Write them all down, and next to each one put a list of possible solutions. Don't look at is as if it's your life. Take a step back, and imagine that you are looking at someone else's life, trying to find solutions. Sometimes, being stuck in the middle of everything can make it difficult to sort, and one must take a step back to fully understand the problems and their solutions. And hey, remember, if you still can't work out the solutions, then post the problems here and we''ll help!!

Stay strong. People always say "life is too short to be depressed", but that's false. Life is too LONG to be depressed. You have...what, seventy years ahead of you? You haven't even touched the surface of your life yet. You're going to live through a million experiences, good and bad, and in time you will realise that this depression that you feel now was just a bad phase that you had to go through to help you grow up. Life is too long, and you should be cramming every single speck of happiness you can into it :)

Contact your school's counsellor and explain to them your problems, and they will be able to put you in touch with someone who can help, if they themselves cannot help you. This is also true for doctors. Also, if you feel confident enough, you can always talk to your parents. The phrase "a problem shared is a problem halved" is very true. People help. Friends help. You don't have to deal with this alone.

Stay strong dude. We're here for you.

Much love

~Anya x
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Well, often theres nothing wrong with anyone, other then other peoples thoughts and opinions about the person thats asking themselfs "whats wrong with me" or "why do people hate me".

Everyone, even me, uses people, in one form or another, to make them feel better about them selfs. Others use others like steps trying to reach a goal that keeping getting farther away.

Everyone does this. You, me, the modderators, and no offence to anyone; but its true. if we try our bests not to, we have at one point or another, or we catch ourselfs doing it again.

These people who dislike you are using you. Thats all i can tell from the amount of information you have provided. One person starts picking on you, that draws attention to you for those kind of thoughts, so others do it as well; creating an ever-growing circle, which is difficult to escape. even more-so if you don't want to be like them in the end.

If your anything like i'm seeing you as, mostly because of what you said;

you feel distant, and lonely. you have no friends, and the ones that are "friends" are ether mean or you just happen to be in the same place as them. You don't have much self confidence, but you know theres someone out there that you can talk to and have them understand.

by the way; nice to meet you.

as for advice;

talk to people you normally wouldn't. have a new personality, and a new outlook on things. just go around, smile when ever you can; it helps a lot. Don't let others bring you down, because they've been broken down as well, and thats why their using you to build them selfs up.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net