School uniform

• Re: School uniform

autumnleaf wrote:

In Australia, every one has to wear school uniforms. It's a little annoying I suppose, but it's good in that it means no one really shows off how rich they are or anything. Everyone's equal =]

This isn't strictly true. My friend is in grade 11 and goes to a college in Canberra and they don't have a uniform. Depends on who runs the school. All state schools require uniforms. Independent schools don't but the vast majority have uniforms to distinguish their students. Perhaps the rules in the territories are slightly different then in the states as well.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Tombgeek wrote:

Meh, school uniforms are okay I guess. It is kind of strange at first, but you eventually get used to it and it feels weird when you are allowed to wear casual (which is only about three or four times a year at my school).
      It only sucks when you have to wear khaki shorts and khaki shirt with long khaki socks, a green tie and brown shoes.
      *shudders*
      I really dislike my summer school uniform.

Red tie for me :wink: TROLOLLOLO
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

Tombgeek wrote:

Like I give a shit.

Plus, you got that tie for bloddy pi...uhh, table tennis!
      I'll get my cultural colours next year when I'm chairperson for the Creative Writing Club. Then I shall be equal to you, Asian kid!

Pfft, first of all, red tie > green tie errday.
      secondly, tell me you're equal when you get your blazer ;)
      oh, and when you're SA's for...er writing.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by BattleForTheSun ().

I dont get the people who say "Uniforms take away our individuality!" cause you shouldn't be an individual based on the way you dress, you're an individual based on the way you act- in my eyes.
      And how is wearing converse, jeans and a band teeshirt individual anyways? (Just an example, calm down).
      I am for uniform, as a pupil we need to represent our school. For PE at my school we have to walk down the road to get to the junior school where the pitches are, and it'd be too easy to wander off and just not do PE, this could be the same for wandering off at lunch, break etc.
      During a field trip it is important for the teachers to be able to keep an eye on all the students, uniform also helps for this and it ties into the previous point.
      Also, it'd be such a hassle sorting clothes for every day, and when you rewore something someone would speak up and say you dont wash or some bull, it's happened in schools over here before (which now have a uniform).

So yeah, I'm all for uniform. BUT, one thing I oppose is when schools wont let you style your hair a certain way/wear accessories like bracelets or whatever cause that isn't going to say anything at all about the school, THAT is the point when uniform rules are being implemented too much.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Tombgeek wrote:

Meh, school uniforms are okay I guess. It is kind of strange at first, but you eventually get used to it and it feels weird when you are allowed to wear casual (which is only about three or four times a year at my school).
      It only sucks when you have to wear khaki shorts and khaki shirt with long khaki socks, a green tie and brown shoes.
      *shudders*
      I really dislike my summer school uniform.

That's the British army uniform. You should be proud to wear it.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Oh and none of the schools I ever went to had a required uniform. Infact, when one of the districts (the high school) nearby tried to implement uniforms, all of the students and parents protested it and kids went to school without it and got sent home.

I do find it funny how when I went to Detroit for educational conferences all of the schools there had uniforms and they were the same black and white colour. I guess there is a inverse correlation where schools that have mandatory uniforms perform less on average than schools that have the least strict dress code.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!