dating problem

• dating problem

hi, im a 16 year old with kind of a problem. I really like this girl and she really likes me too, but i can't ask her out. Not because i am really shy but because i don't drive yet and i think it would be really awkward if i was with my girlfriend with one of my parents driving. also the girl has a car and she can drive but i don't think it would be polite to ask her to drive us to all our dates and stuff. money isn't really a problem i guess. And i have one other problem, where do i take the girl i really like out on our first date? Do i go to the movies or do i go to the park for a nice bike ride and maybe a secluded picnic, or maybe to a resturant like chipotle or panda king? any and all advice would be greatly apprieciated
    • Re: dating problem

I think something as simple as driving shouldn't effect if you ask her out or not. Its such a minor aspect when it comes to dating and relationships. I'm sure that she wouldn't have a problem driving, if she's anything like me, she'll love driving. Its really not that big of a deal if you can't drive and she can, I wouldn't stress about it. If you like her, I really think that you should ask her out. How close are things to do around your house? For a first date, I suggest something interactive. I always feel like movies are awkward if you're not already going because you can't really talk. Take her bowling, mini golfing, then to dinner. Just do something fun where you two can talk and bond.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Just ask her out. If you live in a town where everything is within walking distance, you can always go for a nice walk with each other (great time to catch up) before going to do something fun.

I always like the unique approach to things, something new and exciting. But not extreme, like skydiving. Just like a fun day out together. Take her to some of your favourite places to hang out or just go exploring!

Don't worry about not being able to drive, that is a seriously small aspect of the big picture. If you have to drive places I am sure she won't mind.

Linda wrote:

I think something as simple as driving shouldn't effect if you ask her out or not. Its such a minor aspect when it comes to dating and relationships. I'm sure that she wouldn't have a problem driving, if she's anything like me, she'll love driving. Its really not that big of a deal if you can't drive and she can, I wouldn't stress about it. If you like her, I really think that you should alsk her out. How close are things to do around your house? For a first date, I suggest something interactive. I always feel like movies are awkward if you're not already going because you can't really talk. Take her bowling, mini golfing, then to dinner. Just do something fun where you two can talk and bond.

I'm going to have to disagree with that slightly. I feel as a man you should be the o e who kinda is the more dominant one in a relationship. You have responsibilities such as asking her out, paying bills, and if you end up married you'll be doing all the yard work to. I mean like it would be pretty awkward for me to alwaya be riding and I know this is a thought that keepa going arouns in your head or ou would have not asked it. I say take it slow ask her if she wants to hang out and down the line when you can drive i you still have those feelings for her go for it and ask her out.

Detrox wrote:

I'm going to have to disagree with that slightly. I feel as a man you should be the o e who kinda is the more dominant one in a relationship. You have responsibilities such as asking her out, paying bills, and if you end up married you'll be doing all the yard work to. I mean like it would be pretty awkward for me to alwaya be riding and I know this is a thought that keepa going arouns in your head or ou would have not asked it. I say take it slow ask her if she wants to hang out and down the line when you can drive i you still have those feelings for her go for it and ask her out.

So you'd let the fact that you couldn't drive get in the way of what could be something amazing? I wouldn't let something that small dictate when I ask someone out.

louiebugooey wrote:

So you'd let the fact that you couldn't drive get in the way of what could be something amazing? I wouldn't let something that small dictate when I ask someone out.

Ugh to me that would be making me the lady in the relationship and I cannot go into a relationship being the lady. I have a different mind set than other people it's more traditional when it comes to dating and closed-minded.

Detrox wrote:

Ugh to me that would be making me the lady in the relationship and I cannot go into a relationship being the lady. I have a different mind set than other people it's more traditional when it comes to dating and closed-minded.

Well, I guess that's your point-of-view. I would have to agree with the close minded comment though.

Detrox wrote:

Well then you must be a very insecure boy, and someone who isn't very experienced in relationships. There is no "dominant" person in a relationship, you both give 50% and take 50%, no one has more control, say, or freedom then the other. This is 2010, girls DO ask guys out now a days, its not the 1800's anymore. I don't expect my boyfriend/husband to pay my bills, I don't expect him to bring home all the money while I just sit at home and do nothing, that sounds like a very unsatisfying life. My boyfriend and I both have our license, however, he rarely has a car to drive, so about 70% of the time, I'm the one driving. You know what? Neither of us has a problem with that, because WE DON'T CARE. Who drives is a stupid thing to worry about.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

Well then you must be a very insecure boy, and someone who isn't very experienced in relationships. There is no "dominant" person in a relationship, you both give 50% and take 50%, no one has more control, say, or freedom then the other. This is 2010, girls DO ask guys out now a days, its not the 1800's anymore. I don't expect my boyfriend/husband to pay my bills, I don't expect him to bring home all the money while I just sit at home and do nothing, that sounds like a very unsatisfying life. My boyfriend and I both have our license, however, he rarely has a car to drive, so about 70% of the time, I'm the one driving. You know what? Neither of us has a problem with that, because WE DON'T CARE. Who drives is a stupid thing to worry about.

:thumbsup:

Linda wrote:

thank you! :)

Linda wrote:

Great! :love1:

Detrox wrote:

And, if it is so important thing to you and if you are prepared not to be with girl you like because of that than.... It's your decision and if tradition is more important to you then relationship, girl , happyness and your own life then... nothing more to do....

The post was edited 1 time, last by ivaiva ().

I dont think this is a matter that you cant drive, if she force you to go in car tell her to drive car.
      what'll you achieve on showing that u can drive a car. And take her to the place where you can spend much time in talking and enjoying with her, and finally to dinner.
      Because For a Racer, A story is there.
      No matter How powerfull your car is, but the matter is How you Drive to win the Race.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]