So embarasssed!

• So embarasssed!

So there's this guy that i've totally been crushing on since school started (like a month or so). He's new to the school so he doesn't know many people, and not many people know him.

So this guy has me totally off my game... i'm usually a big flirt and kinda know amoung my friends for getting the guy, but with him, i'm having issues even thinking of what to do. I'm afraid i'm kinda coming off as not liking him as more than a friend, which really sucks.

But then today he asked me if i was going to the football game and i said i wasn't sure if i was going cause i was grounded, but then later my mom said i could go so i texted him saying that i was going and his exact reaction was "Oh haha alright! Well I'll see you then!". So i went to the game thinking that we were going to hang out like we did at homecoming (the week before).

Big mistake. When he shows up, he's with his sister and some girl who his sister introduces me to as their friend, he doesn't say anything to me and goes and sits with this girl, right behind where me and my friends were sitting, and throughout the game, doesn't say one word to me! It was soooo akward!

So this is just me kinda freaking out in the aftermath of it all. I ended up leaving early because i couldn't sit there and listen to her laughing and flirting. I mean, they coulda at least had the decency to not sit behind us, right?

AAAKKK!!! this is just bothering me soooo much.
      - Team Jacob
      don't forget to rep your favorite jacob loving member!:D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: So embarasssed!

Hah, it happens. But I'm sure that you can think of ways you could have misread those signals that would have made it even worse :)

There's not much you can do with that other than just smile and realize that everyone has those kind of days. I had more than a few of those in high school. The good thing is that you will eventually look back at them and get a good laugh. I had a guy ask me during lunch once if I wanted to go hang out after school. I liked him and I practically gushed out "yes!" only to find that he was talking to someone at the next table who was right behind me. That wasn't my finest moment, either.

I wouldn't say anything to him. There's nothing to confront. As far as he's concerned, he didn't do anything wrong. Chances are it never even occurred to him that you would be irritated by this.

Plus you have to consider that, like you said, he is new to the school. He's probably trying to associate with a lot of people and try to find some decent friends. When you told him you couldn't go - which of course wasn't your fault - he probably got the mindset that he wouldn't see you at the game, so he made plans with other people. So then when you said you could go, any plans were already confirmed and he's not going to be rude and leave his sister and friend last minute.

Though I agree that he could have maybe incorporated you, but he may have been intimidated by the fact that you were with friends, especially since he's new. Plus you gave no evidence that he likes you back - people go to homecoming as friends all the time - so I don't really think you should have the idea that he should be including you in everything he does.

And if he does have some sort of feelings for you...maybe he was trying to make you jealous. ;P
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

First of all, he probably doesn't know you like him and there was nothing wrong with him and her sitting behind you. You also said that you weren't sure so he probably took that as a no and took it as a chance to meet another girl. Just being honest here...

One football game isn't going to ruin your chance in getting with him. You should ask him out on a real date. Just the two of you or some other close friends. You said he didn't know anyone, so introduce him to people. He'll probably appreciate that. And once in your circle of friends, then you can really get to know him. :)

Good luck.

I wouldn't "confront" him per se, but just talk to him about it. Tell him that when he's around you get the whole "butterflies in your stomach" kind of feeling and that you really do like him. If he doesn't feel the same then that would explain his behavior and if this is the case then just forget him. People come and go in our lives and it's always for a reason. I hope the best for you though =]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]