Wtf, help guys?

• Wtf, help guys?

Alright so I have a Toshiba laptop, and I love it.
      However my brother ALWAYS streams videos from MegaVideo and crap and I know that will slow down my computer and give me viruses but he doesn't believe. So if someone could do me a favor and post here how that all works for him, much would be appreaciated. HOWEVER

That's beside the reason I posted this thread, it's not detecting any wireless networks. I haven't tried plugging in an ethernet cord yet(Though I am about to) and I am currently on this other computer to post this. I don't know what's wrong with it though, it just sort of happened over night. So I then cleaned up my computer A LOT. I ran a Spyware and Virus scan twice, deleted all of my games, all of my PhotoShop stuff(That was in total like 12GB lol), deleted almost all of the stuff I've downloaded in the past 4 months or so(Which really wasn't much), and then my virus program asked if I wanted to give a exe called SVCHost access to run. I've been supicious about this little file that's ALWAYS running and I never noticed until my computer started to slow down. So, I deleted it.

So in a nutshell here's the three things I need:

1. Help on how my laptop can detect the wireless networks

2. On Windows 7, if SVCHost is important like a Windows file.

3. Post about the risks streaming videos can give(Like movies and crap that shouldn't be free if you get what I'm saying)
    • Re: Wtf, help guys?

MegaVideo does not give you viruses, it's just a web media player. It's the website it's running on that COULD give you a virus but all megavideos I've seen have always been on a legitimate browser, and if you have a good browser like Firefox (Possibly Google and Safari) then it'd prompt you if the website has malicious software.

SVCHost is a very important windows file, as long as you didn't delete it from System32 (you deleted it via TaskManager) a simple reset will fix the deleted file.

Again, streaming videos isn't all that bad to be honest. It's what type of website it is and your protection you have that will help you prevent viruses. As for trying to speed the system up, I'd remove some start programs and possibly upgrade it. As it all depends on the computers specs.

Does your laptop have a switch to enable and disable your wireless adapter? You have no idea how many people move this switch without even noticing and then they go omgwtfbbqsauce when their Internet stop working.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

artizhay wrote:

Does your laptop have a switch to enable and disable your wireless adapter? You have no idea how many people move this switch without even noticing and then they go omgwtfbbqsauce when their Internet stop working.

It's happened to me before, I figured that was why but I can't find the button so I don't think do.

@Se7en and BattleForTheSun: I have to SVCHosts on it, I'll reply both their locations.

With the megavideo, it may be unsafe or safe im not sure. However, if you wish to trick him google "Edit page javascript" go on to a news site, click a news article and paste the script in the address bar and press enter. Then you can edit it. Make it a story how megavideo is unsafe. That might fool him?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Also, make him a spotify open account.