The biggest facepalm...

• The biggest facepalm...

So, I'm socially awkward, known this for years now, but I'm trying to grow out of this year and finally get a relationship going for the first time. There's this girl I like in one of my classes, she seemed to like me before this incident, now I'm not sure.

The "incident"

She began flirting by saying the whole
      "OMG you're such a liar" line in a playful tone.

What did I say? Oh probably the most retarded thing ever.
      "K" And continued to walk back towards my desk.

How do I come back from that? She probably thinks I'm mentally retarded now.

Please help.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: The biggest facepalm...

Just keep talking to her. The worst thing you could probably do is never talk to her again, because she probably would think you're goofy. If you keep the communication going with her, she's going to see that you just had an off moment and that you're really a cool guy. :D

Just start up another conversation with her about the class you're in or something small. That should get the conversation going and you should be good to go. :D

Looking at it from her perspective, she probably is completely unaware of whatever mistake you think you made. Especially when we are self-conscious, we tend to scrutinize every single thing we do in a way that there's no way in hell anyone else is. The only mistake that you've made is if you don't get back in there and start talking to her again. I guarantee that if you strike up a conversation with her, she won't be treating you as though you are an idiot, in fact she's probably already forgotten what happened during 'the incident' anyway.

Act like you were just joking. As in, you were intentionally overreacting to her joke to play a prank on her.

That's what I would do anyway, although in retrospect that might only work for a little bit after said incident, it might be too late now, but it can't hurt.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

kellylee wrote:

Just keep talking to her. The worst thing you could probably do is never talk to her again, because she probably would think you're goofy. If you keep the communication going with her, she's going to see that you just had an off moment and that you're really a cool guy. :D

Just start up another conversation with her about the class you're in or something small. That should get the conversation going and you should be good to go. :D

Actually I've never actually talked with her, I liked her from the first day, and like my usual self stayed quiet because I always thought I'd say the wrong thing. When she was flirting she somewhat caught me off guard, which was why I said something so weird.

She's probably trying to make herself lose interest anyway, I've basically been ignoring her this month.

dammit...
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]