Bi (Male) Help!! - Friend Wants Relationship

• Bi (Male) Help!! - Friend Wants Relationship

So let me catch you up on my life. I came out to two of my friends a week ago that I was bi. I've never kissed anyone (well once on stage but that's another story) and never had any sexual encounters with a guy or girl.

Now to today. (Oh, and I'm gonna change the names just for privacy). A friend of mine who I have not seen for three years asked to be my friend on facebook. His name is Alex and I accepted and almost immediately he started chatting me and in his first post said, "so Max said you were gay. is that true!!?? I never knew!!" I was shocked. I never told Max I was bi and I don't know how Alex would ever find out. We continued to chat and I eventually said that I was bi. He thought it was cool and then he kept talking about gay/bi stuff. Within a half hour he had asked me out to homecoming and offered to "hook up" tomorrow. After an hour's conversation I concluded that I could not go to homecoming with him cause (1) I'm not ready to publicly come out (2) I've never been in a relationship in my life let alone a gay one and (3) we just reconnected so I barely know him cause people change in three years. I mean, we haven't said a word to each other for three years and then all of a sudden he is wanting to make out tomorrow and go to homecoming together. We continued to chat for five hours. We started playing the question game and he kept asking me sexual questions. Have you even kissed someone? When did you realize you were bi? Have you ever made out with someone? Etc.

We contined to talk for a while and now he knows more about my sexuality than anyone else. I'm kind of scared for a few reasons. (1) I've never been in a relationship so I wouldn't know what to do when it came to sexual stuff, (2) I'm scared what others will say when they find out, and (3) I'm suspicious of his motives. He seems really nice but there is something in the back of my head saying he's too pushy. It seems like he's going too fast. What should I do!? I have to admit that I wouldn't mind making out with him. If he's anything like I remember than we should be fine, but it all seems too fast and pressured.
    • Re: Bi (Male) Help!! - Friend Wants Relationship

I personally would tell him to slow down a bit, but it really is up to you. If you don't mind, and you can separate sex from anything emotional, then go ahead.
      I personally would tell him to back off a bit and at least get to know him a bit better.

An understandable fear of yours is that people find out. It is a risk you have to take if you do. But thinking of it logically, the only way someone can find out is if either he or you say something to others. So if you and he can keep it a secret, then it is no big.

Remember, at the end of it all, it is how you feel. If you feel that this is a bad idea, then it is a bad idea. This is not an easy decision, so just follow your heart and do what you think is right. Be a bit selfish. If he has a problem with it, obviously he is not a real friend.