I'm a horrible flirt... Help!!!

• I'm a horrible flirt... Help!!!

I have no idea how to flirt. I'm a horrible flirt or so ive been told.... Any advice on flirting?? And another thing also.. So here it is. I need to subtly let this guy know I like him. But I want him to figure it out for himself, like not actually b told by anyone...I see him all the time but it's rare that I talk to him. I need him to start liking me... So this is what would happen in a perfect world: I give him some sort of subtle body language hints that I like him, and he kind of figures it out for himself. Then like he starts thinking about me a ton cuz he thinks I like him and he starts to like me. Thts exactly what has happened to me before, so I was thinking it could work here... I just have no idea how to let him know I like him without simply telling him... Any ideas on how to do tht??? Any help is grately appreciated!!! No matter if it's a huge story or just a few lines I don't care post whatever comes to mind, it will all help!! Thanks!!:)
    • Re: I'm a horrible flirt... Help!!!

why dont you talk to him more? and why does it have to be so subtle?

50% of flirting is physical and 50% of verbal

I think you should talk with him more and do a bit of flirting too and then drop a few hints and see what he says 'to see if he is interested' then tell him you like him and ask him out and see what he says :)

Need anymore advise just let me know
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

The last time she let it known she liked a guy, most of his "popular" friends decided to make a joke of it. This new fellow is also a "popular" so she doesn't want it happening again. So she wants the flirts to be subtle, noticeable to him so that if he's interested he can make a move on her, but not too noticeable to the popular crowd so they don't mock her again.

Sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth there Yellowbear, correct me if that wasn't what you said before.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

in elementary girls punched or chased us when they liked us... in JR high, they hid from us and shied away... In highschool, they smiled at us and alked and laughed and stared and made jokes(some of which made sense)... I never was really into flirting, and me and Ma Cherie didnt have to flirt.. we were just really good friends first... So i cant give much advice other than maybe try being friends first, then progress from there.

Gooeyswat, thx!! Thts exactly what I said except put into better words!! Ur good at that haha. But yeah I'm kind of just ashamed of what people think of me... I try not to be, I say I'm not gonna, but then it ends up that every decision I make is based off someone else... Mabye I need a new thread fornadvice about tht... But back on subject... I know I need to try to be friends with him.. But I'm really selfconcious... So I don't really know how I would approach him without, like, freezing and making a fool out of myself.... Any tips??? I'm sorry I'm just desperate for help cuz everyone else in my life is too obsessed with their own problems to even consider my feelings...

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Gooeyswat wrote:

The last time she let it known she liked a guy, most of his "popular" friends decided to make a joke of it. This new fellow is also a "popular" so she doesn't want it happening again. So she wants the flirts to be subtle, noticeable to him so that if he's interested he can make a move on her, but not too noticeable to the popular crowd so they don't mock her again.

Sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth there Yellowbear, correct me if that wasn't what you said before.

Btw this is my entire situation summed up into a paragraph... Haha:blush:
      Take Risks. Do things beyond your boundaries. If you don't, you'll never know what you missed! :kiss:

Yellowbear09 wrote:

Umm... Idk... But yeah... another topic completlely, but along with flirting, I need more confidence... I'm told that's y I can't flirt, cuz I kind of sink onto my shell when I'm around a guy....
      If you have no confidence everyone's gonna pick up on it. It's a huge part of flirting but it's also just a huge part of being attractive to other people. I dunno how to work on that one either, though. =/

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Goddess of Judecca wrote:

If you have no confidence everyone's gonna pick up on it. It's a huge part of flirting but it's also just a huge part of being attractive to other people. I dunno how to work on that one either, though. =/

~Maggot

yeah thats what we are working on in the pm's, she needs to raise her confidents first and then move onto other things :)
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Well let me start off with the fact that flirting is not 50/50
      it is more like 90/10
      as in, 90% comes from body language and 10% from your mouth. (no it is not from a movie Hitch, it is actually true).
      Flirting is essentially very very easy. Confidence covers about 80% of flirting. I mean you can literally say nothing and just smile and play with your hair and it will drive some guys nuts. That being said, flirting is much like talking. If you can talk to guys, you can flirt. Although this is not an overnight fix, there are tips (although some might seem obvious or too easy to be true, they do indeed work) which can help you.
      1) As I said, confidence. If you blush around the guy or act shy, he wont necessarily think badly of you, BUT in his subconscious will process your body language (which, as i said is 90% of flirting) as you liking him and hence (depending on the guy) might cause him to not chase you as hard because in his reality he already has your interest. So THE EASIEST and sure way to get a guy to realize you like him is just playing with your hair, laugh at his jokes, take interest at what he says. Most guys, as soon as they click with an attractive girl, they will start examining possibilities with her. ie: dating, sex, hanging out, etc
      The hardest part will be not over doing it like laughing hysterically at all his jokes. Poke fun at him from time to time, tease him (assuming he is not the "sensitive type").
      2) Another tip which might help you, and I also know it works (cause i tried it) is when you talk to a guy, just pretend he is your best friend or even girlfriend. Trust me it works. When you keep putting your mind in that state, you will automatically feel at ease. It happens because you trigger a "comfort zone" as if you knew that person for many years and hence...feel alright around them. Although this is not an overnighter either but with practice it helps a lot.
      Just like flirting...it is just a game...and you get better at a game by playing it. Nothing wrong with you, you will get it, as well as the guy.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Yellowbear09 wrote:

Thankyou kevmo!! Lol I think you and gooeyswAt are the best advice givers ever!! Thts probley y ur support leaders haha

Made my day.

Be sure to let me know how things are working out for you :)
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]