Dexter: Season 5

• Dexter: Season 5

This is a thread for those of us who watch the show to discuss the episodes that arise. If you are trying to catch up, I advise you not to read what is posting in this thread, as spoilers will ruin the entire season.

So for Episode 1, what did you guys think of it? Did it live up to your expectations? Could anything have been better?

For me, I think it lived up to my expectations. Those expectations were not for something to be opened up, but essentially relief from the wait of not watching the show. This episode was extremely sad, made me cry a couple times, and makes me tear up when I think about it now. The flashbacks were pretty devastating, especially where Dexter and Rita exchange goodbyes over the phone. Seeing Cody and Ester cry was also very sad.

I've been looking through the Dexter facebook page, seeing a lot of people complain about how the show is getting too emotional, and it's not enough about Dexter being a killer. It seems to me these people do not like dynamic plots. I have never had a film or tv show make me ride along in the passenger seat like Dexter does. I feel everything that Dexter doesn't, happiness, sorrow, etc. To me, that is an unbelievable quality for your film to inspire in somebody. I look forward to seeing how Dexter changes and copes with the loss, it ought to be interesting.

So I'd like to hear your takes on episode 1.
      Kids these days...
    • Re: Dexter: Season 5

The first episode just felt like an hour of grief over Rita's death. The season will probably really kick off in episode 2 (which I'm about to start now) because all the premier really did was wrap up the events in season 4 as opposed to previous seasons where the plot jumped months ahead and we were given a brand new story.

Season 5 will either be the usual hit or a pretty bad miss.

dyslexic_beaver wrote:

The first episode just felt like an hour of grief over Rita's death. The season will probably really kick off in episode 2 (which I'm about to start now) because all the premier really did was wrap up the events in season 4 as opposed to previous seasons where the plot jumped months ahead and we were given a brand new story.

I'm definitely with you there. I haven't caught episode 2 yet either. I think the show is maturing a bit, but there is still the edge about it. I'm thinking this season has some big twists and shockers in store.

Season 4 had one of the, if not the most interesting Dexter (Morgan) plots ever. Unfortunately it was the worst season for the already lacking supporting cast. Who's genius idea was it to give 15 minutes of screen time an episode to the random Batista/Lagurita (sp?) relationship that nobody gave a sing shit about? I hope one of them, or both die this season.

dyslexic_beaver wrote:

Season 4 had one of the, if not the most interesting Dexter (Morgan) plots ever. Unfortunately it was the worst season for the already lacking supporting cast. Who's genius idea was it to give 15 minutes of screen time an episode to the random Batista/Lagurita (sp?) relationship that nobody gave a sing shit about? I hope one of them, or both die this season.

That entire subplot is just fucking dumb. Angel is moron. He comes off like such a gold-digger. "Ohai you've got 200 grand in the bank. We're married, so we share 'dat ish, na mean?" It's LG's money. She can do what she wants with it. If you really want to share so much, each of you can put 10% of your paychecks into a shared bank account. If the writing crew is really going to drag this out, for god sakes, just divorce them now and be done with it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]