I'm wondering why this is different.

• I'm wondering why this is different.

So, junior year has finally crept up on me, inhibiting my summer in the process. And, to be honest, it's great. My classes are easier than I expected, I like my teachers and it's just the dream schedule.

Now, I'm very social, I talk to everyone, and I'm usually the guy to get people to laugh, or think about what I've said. I tend to answer a lot of questions in class and get the teachers loosened up and super chill for the day. (I'm trying to be neutral here without bragging... sorry :/)

I sit alone at lunch most days, either drawing/reading/playing my guitar or the off day I have a conversation with a friend of mine. To this point, I'd consider myself a person without a best friend, I just don't have the person that I hang out with often, or any time spent with.. My social life ends at school, and I just roll on home and hang out until the next school day waiting for something to happen. (I never leave my house, and I never really have gotten into any circle of friends...Boredom is endless at some points)

(By the way: Never had a sip of alcohol, a puff of smoke, or taken any pills. I've also never kissed a girl, or had a girlfriend.. not even close. Mostly out of hesitation, apathy, and circular reasoning that sufficed for my discomfort.)

Ok, apologies for the intro, I had to put myself in context so this would make some sort of sense.

In one of my classes, there's a girl I'm interested in. She's very pretty, and it's comfortable talking to her. She doesn't have a vibe that's off putting, really. There's a calmness about her and the way she talks, it's very refreshing. We're like-minded when it comes to music, movies, art, etc. And I've decided I want to get out more, and stop trying to apply logic and reason to situations that don't call for it, this being one.

This is the only time I can be a teenager, and I want to try to have something to reminisce about, something to smile about when I'm older. So, I'm trying to get myself involved with this girl, and it doesn't matter how. Whether it be friends, or more than that.

In the few times I have talked to her, they we're good chats in our class together. I keep myself from making stupid jokes, or using any of the douchebag methods the other dudes use. I just talked to her and kept eye contact. (She seemed to fidget a lot and not keep eye contact as easy..I wonder why?)

So my question is, what would you do, or what would you suggest I do? I'm not sure what to do or where to go from here.

I'm sorry for the long read, I just kinda need to progress, and this is the best way I thought I could. Thanks!

Dakota.
    • Re: I'm wondering why this is different.

Her fidgeting might be because she's nervous around you, which is a good sign. Next time you're talking to her, try to ask her for her number or skype/aim. Just continue to talk to her and keep her interested. I suggest that you learn a little more about her, then ask her out to ice cream/bowling/mini golfing, something interactive as a cute date or a cute hang out.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Dakota999 wrote:

I got her number the first day I met her. I called her but it went to the answering machine, so I dunno.

Her cell phone number, or her house number? Have you tried texting her since?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

Her cell phone number, or her house number? Have you tried texting her since?

Cell, and she doesn't receive texts. Only calls.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

dusk wrote:

Smoke and drink and party and get to know that girl and ask people to come hang out with you.
      Do whatever you want man!

That's just not my thing, really.

I've never got into any of that shit, by choice really. I just don't care to jump into it.

Dakota999 wrote:

Why don't you ask for her skype/aim? You can always ask her in the class to hang out after school one day too.

-J.K. Rowling

I agree with Linda, the more conversation you can have with this girl gives you more of an opportunity for hanging out and other things. Get her aim, cell, and talk to her as much as you can! By the sound of it your great at conversing with other people and she probably enjoys your company. I know a lot of guys that can't keep a good conversation with a girl and this is why they don't have the advantage over you.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Life & School Discussion Board[/COLOR][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]http://www.lifeandschool.com[/CENTER]

Dakota999 wrote:

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

That's just not my thing, really.

I've never got into any of that shit, by choice really. I just don't care to jump into it.

If doing what you want is something you can't get into, you have a serious problem on your hands. I thought you were complaining about all of those things... and none of them are really a big deal, if you want things different, make them different.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

dusk wrote:

If doing what you want is something you can't get into, you have a serious problem on your hands. I thought you were complaining about all of those things... and none of them are really a big deal, if you want things different, make them different.

Oh, not that.

I felt you were hinting at me partying, drinking and smoking. (You were just making a statement, I get it now :P)

I was just saying I don't get into those things.

I do what I want, I'm just sometimes limited by circular reasoning and arbitrary limits I put on myself, unfortunately. :/

Yeah, just ask her to hang out sometime so you can get to know her. You don't have to jump right into a relationship.

You seem like a pretty intelligent guy, and if you've talked to her enough she probably knows this, so I wouldn't be so worried about not making stupid jokes. You can make jokes without being a douchebag. She'll probably love it and it'll lighten the mood - she might be a little less nervous and a bit more comfortable and relaxed. :)

Thank you, I appreciate it :D

We actually met through a club at school. I was in there and it was a discussion topic, and I'm good at articulating my points without sounding like an idiot, and her and her friend added me the day after they heard me in the club.

So, I think that attracted her somewhat.

like everyone else said, just make more time to hang out with her. find activities that you both enjoy that you can do together.. if you both like painting, get a set of paints(or you might already have a set) and take her out to a good landscape and both paint it. don't look at each others painting until its finished, and see how much they resemble one another and how much they differ. the same can be done with pencils and sketch books. take her to the library on a date. it sounds mundane, but it is actually a really neat hang out, or even a date. start as friends and move slowly. it makes for a much more solid relationship if you are close friends first, and have a foundation other than hormones or being "in love"

Good luck!