Today's Our Seventh Month

• Today's Our Seventh Month

So, I've been dating my girl friend for seven months (as of today) and we seem so in love. We've planned out our entire lives, kids, mirage, careers, everything. Right now it all seems to be going perfectly.

I've been told by every body that these relationships just don't work. I tend to ignore these people and so does she and for good cause. I understand the fact that a lot of teens do this, and then break up because they get, "tired" of each other or find someone else, or what ever the situation may be. I don't see this happening to us, but then again.. who does.

I just wanted to see everyones opinion on this topic, and see how every one else feels about these relationships. Good or bad, believe me; you won't hurt my feelings or make me feel down about our relationship. I look forward to seeing your opinions.
      Livin' and Lovin' Life.
    • Re: Today's Our Seventh Month

You just have to drown everyone else out at times. If you say your relationship is going the way it is don't second guess yourself. Sure there are going to be numerous obstacles in the upcoming future which may stir things a little bit like school, careers, etc. But just be lucky for what you have.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Life & School Discussion Board[/COLOR][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]http://www.lifeandschool.com[/CENTER]

you cant know the future bro and what path you are going to take, things change and people change for many reasons, sometimes that you cant control, im not trying to knock you and for alot of people they workout, but its just one of those 'wait and see' type things, let your relationship take its course and if the time comes for you guys to go your seperate ways, well thats just how it was meant to be, if you guys do end up married and have kids, then THAT was how it was meant to be. :)
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

I was in the same kind of relationship for a year when I was around 14 years old, I think. I couldn't believe how in love I was. People are right though, oftentimes things do change. But it wasn't bad in any way and I don't regret it in the least. It's still a good experience no matter what.

And hey, plenty of people have high school sweethearts. There's nothing saying it won't be that way for you guys too. If it's going well, just enjoy it and don't worry. Good luck to the both of you. :D

If someone is telling you that you won't last, they definitely are not your friends because friends are supportive. So don't listen to what they have to say. They don't know any specific details about your relationship or the drive you have to stay together. Only you do, and only you decide if you stay together or not, not those people.

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year and a half. Things have changed and we have been through so much shit together, things that brought us together or pushed us apart, that you think we'd hate each other, but we are completely in love. It's just depends on how much you feel for your partner and how mutual the feelings are, allowing you both to dedicate yourselves to each other.

If you think that you're going to last forever and that you'll be in love for the rest of your lives, and you truly mean it, then don't lose focus of that. Focus on each other and only each other. Don't let yourself be manipulated by outside sources, because that can pull you apart when it could have been avoided.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

Do whatever you want, and don't listen to anyone else. If it is meant to work it will, and if it wasn't, it won't!! So let it play out and don't let anyone else get in the way!! Oh yeah and me being a grammar freak... Marriage, not mirage... I'm pretty sure u don't want a vision of a lake in a dry desert.. That would b mirage... Marriage is the ceremony.. Just a tidbit of info!! Good luck with whatever life brings you!! And remember if it doesn't end up working out there is always someone who it will work with, u just gotta search!!! Good luck :)
      Take Risks. Do things beyond your boundaries. If you don't, you'll never know what you missed! :kiss:

Don't listen to what other people say. Every person is different, so every relationship is different. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year now, we were best friends who got together right before our senior year in high school. Now we are college and planning on getting married this coming June. The only opinions that mean anything at all are the two of you, just ignore the dubiously helpful advice of people who just need to keep their mouths shut. We have gotten no small share of that too, and it just kind of goes in one ear and out the other. Congratulations, by the way :)

First of all, Congratulations! Seven months is a long time. Well at least for me. Me and my bf's 5 month is this Friday, and that's the longest relationship I've ever had.

Anyway, don't listen to everyone else. If you really love her, and want to be with her, then stay committed to her, and everything will work out :)
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

Congratulations on 7 months with your girlfriend, that's lovely that you have both been together so long.

I won't say that you should warm yourself into a belief that your relationship will stay 100% great for the rest of time, because all relationships hit roadblocks; if the couple can work it out at that time, then that's really great, if not, it just wasn't meant to be. But I don't think you should focus on the negative comments that people seem to be throwing your way. In fact, I feel like you shouldn't focus so much on the future and enjoy the time you spend with your girlfriend a day at a time.

And really, who cares what other people think about your relationship? If you both are happy, then I feel it shouldn't matter what others have to say about your future together.