Swat 3

• Anyone here ever play SWAT 3? In my opinion, it's the greatest tactical first-person shooter ever. It was released in the late 1990s, and had really good graphics for it's time. The online play was amazing for this game, it was just like Battle.net (the original Battle.net, not Battle.net 2.0 which StarCraft II uses), with chat rooms, clans, custom games, and a lot of other features that Battle.net has. Sadly the online play was shutdown when Activision purchased and subsequently shutdown Sierra Entertainment in 2008-2009. The game is also heavily modifiable. There were custom maps, custom skins, custom weapons, and hundreds of modifications of every kind.

I remember playing this game all the time back in the early and middle 2000s. I was really disappointed when Activision announced that they were shutting down the servers, despite the game still having a lot of players online still. A few people managed to set up Hamachi matches on it after the shutdown, but two of the largest fansites, which hosted all of the custom mods both shutdown (hot-swat-mods.com and 10-david.com). Sierra also released a sequel, SWAT 4, but a lot of SWAT 3 fans didn't like SWAT 4 since they changed the gameplay and made it more of a normal FPS game, instead of a tactical FPS game. So has anyone else here ever played this game? Below is a video I found on YouTube of someone playing a single player mission of the game:

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJas8kMt8Hc']YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    • Yes, I played it. It is a brilliant game. It is a shame not all tactical FPS games are so good. It just annoyed me that none of the objects you were using (like your weapon or the handcuffs) appeared on the screen, so it felt a little unrealistic to me.
      Also, I got sometimes was pounding on my keyboard when the bloody hostages were just being idiotic and ran away. I was always like: "I'm the fucking cop, why the hell are you running away? You will get shot bitch!"