Web design for two authors [in progress]

• Web design for two authors [in progress]

Two authors/teachers who live nearby are co-authoring two novels and I have the privilege of designing the site. The site is already up (saraandstaci.com) but I don't like that design anymore and the release date is approaching, so we're revamping. Anyway, visit that site if you want, but I'm not going in-depth about it here; I'll save that for the AA when it's time.

Anyway, here is the new work-in-progress design. Release is in November so I need to have this running as full website before then. Should be interesting.

I will update this thread over time with updates for the design.

Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President
    • Re: Web design for two authors [in progress]

Nice! I actually really like what's up on the website now but that one works just as well. I love the text and the dark feel to it.

I can kind of see where anti condom is coming from with the wings but I don't think it's so bad. It's their cover art, but are you allowed to edit it at all? Just the bottom right corner of the wing seems too bright and doesn't work with the background as much as the rest of the wing does.

Might be a personal preference but the red on the ER and parts of the B and Y seem too bright to me. I know it's just brightening what's underneath it, so I'm not sure if it's possible to change it to the kind of white that's in the rest of the letters, or if that would look awkward.

Great work, good luck with the release! :)

Scaredycrow wrote:

Nice! I actually really like what's up on the website now but that one works just as well. I love the text and the dark feel to it.

I can kind of see where anti condom is coming from with the wings but I don't think it's so bad. It's their cover art, but are you allowed to edit it at all? Just the bottom right corner of the wing seems too bright and doesn't work with the background as much as the rest of the wing does.

Might be a personal preference but the red on the ER and parts of the B and Y seem too bright to me. I know it's just brightening what's underneath it, so I'm not sure if it's possible to change it to the kind of white that's in the rest of the letters, or if that would look awkward.

Great work, good luck with the release! :)

Yeah they won't mind if I edit it so I will work on that, thanks! =D

I'll be sure to move the text over. It's dead center anyway which totally breaks the rule of thirds...sorta. I made the text semi-transparent so it would blend in with background, and I just happened to have some of it over the wing. It'll look fine if I move it as well. =]

Thanks for your suggestions!

I like the design that's already up. But the new one looks more sinister and seems to fit the genre a bit better.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

I like the design that's already up. But the new one looks more sinister and seems to fit the genre a bit better.

The theme is generally decent. One drawback is that it's pre-made. I absolutely HATE putting up pre-made shit for clients but they needed it up in a hurry.

Plus, see how if you click a link at the top, it doesn't actually change pages in your browser, it just loads a new page in a frame area below the navigation? That heavily limits functionality.

Plus it doesn't stretch across the screen, which is pretty much a standard now.

And thank you! =D

Sar-uh? wrote:

My approval isn't enough apparently. :(
      It's pretty. <3

Awww, Sarahhh. I put this thread up before I asked you because I wanted a variety of opinions. I asked you personally on MSN because I wanted your opinion. =]

ANTI CONDOM wrote:

I figured. Just don't use too may fonts. It doesn't look professional. Like this.

MVP IS KING

So you don't want me to put [B]MVP IS KING [/B]on the site? =P

The post was edited 1 time, last by artizhay ().