On to the next one

• On to the next one

I need help on approaching girls and knowing what to say.. I'm a junior in high school and I wouldn't say that i'm a shy person, nor would I say that I have LOW-confidence since i'm on the football and track team. But when wanting to willingly confront girls I freeze up. If i'm in a group or with friends and they start talking to a certain girl(possibly one I like) I have no problem talking to her and the group, telling jokes etc etc. But if we're in class and I wanna talk to her, I just can't since i'm so used to girls asking me out, or girls coming to me and talking to me. I have never asked a girl out, but i've had plenty of gf's but I think it's time that I be the predator instead of the prey.
    • Re: On to the next one

dude all i gotta tell ya and just do it i mean its nothin but talkin rite and once u start talkin to them ull start flirtin with them all it takes it just talkin i mean its honestly not a big deal just pick random shit to talk about and if ya have a problem tryin to start talkin to them all u gotta do is walk up to a girl and be like ayy girl ayy sounding jokeingly that works the best

Hi,
      I understand you are in a totally different situation about asking the girls out. I my opinion should keep up your confidence level. If you really like this girl you should try talking to yourself in a mirror pretend it's her and you practice what you would say. I know this is cheesy but, It helps I've done it a couple times but, I'm a very shy person but, after I had asked the guy out I felt so much better and confident that I did it. If you can talk to her with a group of friends then you can talk to her alone. If you can't do it face to face, why do you write a love notes. Another cheesy idea but, notes are good way to express feelings among two people.
      [CENTER]i55.tinypic.com/ftn68p.jpg
      [SIZE=4]LOVE, PINK[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The best way to start and keep a conversation with a girl you don't know is to talk about her. Ask her what she likes to do, if she's involved in any school or non-school activities, etc. Girls loves to talk about themselves; I'm not trying to generalize or stereotype, I just find it to be commonly true. So talk about what she likes and then find ways to expand on them and get her to talk to you about them. Just make sure you ask questions or nod/agree to make sure she knows you're interested in what she has to say.

You could also compliment something she's wearing or an accessory. She might go on and tell you about where she got it from, similar items she has, etc. Though usually that applies more to girls talking to girls.

Anyway, talk about what she likes and then it's easy from there.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

hehehehe
      it is funny how this works for both sexes. Girls who think they are attractive and get approached and do well, but can not approach. And guys....same thing.
      Well first of all let me comment on your confidence level. Judging from the way you talk, you have a lot of it, but it is at the level where it is not settled and because of that you simply do not know how to use it.
      Simplest remedy is practice and practice. Eventually you will talk to girls so freely that you wont even have to think...you mouth will do everything for you and your buddies will say "dude how do you do that" to which you will reply "i dont know...just comes naturally i guess"
      The hardest part, the icebreaker is already done for you....you know her, she knows you. If you want to build on that confidence level just do this: next time your group is hanging out, just wave her over, then start calling her over. Whether you will notice it or not, you will slowly get into comfort zone with her and talking will not be a problem. Another way is talk to her over MSN. You will avoid the awkward pauses since you dont know her or her interests that well WHILE finding those things out.
      As you said, you are "used to girls asking you out" because obviously...you have done it before....so just keep practicing asking girls out. Girls like to be approached and talked to, it makes their day because they take it as a compliment and if she talks to you, then you have nothing to worry about because obviously she doesnt hate you, so no worries.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

I'm kind of late with this reply, but I took all of your advices. So the next question I have since it's like after you fix one problem there's another. I realized that people don't notice certain people until they're together. Like you see that one girl who's an outcast sort of, but with her own group of friends. She's cute, but she doesn't really care about dating, but wouldn't mind it. The girl I'm aiming for is that type of girl. After talking to her a bit, I got her to sit with me at lunch some days. She even came to one of my football games and we went to the after-party since it was friday. But like it seems as if guys are starting to notice her that wouldn't notice her originally. Like they can see her in the halls and just look away as if she's normal. But now that she's been sitting with me at lunch and we've been hanging out guys come onto her. I don't really care either but I don't want to be that guy that meets her first, but since another guy came and asked her out early she's with him now. Not sure if you guys understand what im saying but get back to me if you do. If not I can probably elaborate a bit more.

I seriously do not understand this kind of thinking - "I don't want to be that guy that meets her first" What do you mean by that? And why is it a bad thing? I mean there's not much you can do if she's with another guy now. You should have just asked her. I don't understand why it would bother you if you were with her first. What would you have lost if it happened?

:confused:

I meant like. I'm possibly the only guy to acknowledge her AND want to get to know her more on an intimate level. I've seen her sit with some guy since the beginning of the year but that's her brother. Since I don't want to rush things, it's only been like a few days I don't want really wanna have felt like I've wasted time because i'm not sure when to ask or not. I've already asked her of past relationships and what type of guy she likes and what not. Only thing is, I don't wanna feel like i'm going straight into the "friend zone" as my friends call it. While the other guys who randomly are starting to hit on her are in another direction.

I'm not sure. It's like he's my competition now, he randomly appeared and I'm not really going to worry about what he's doing. I wont ask her, "Who's he?", "What's he want?", "Are you going to go out with him instead of me?" Because that's like intruding her privacy, and it makes me seem like i'm obsessed. I believe I might ask her out after the next football game, but I'm not sure if it'll be too late by then, or maybe too early(hopefully not).