Playlist for a friend.. or does he want to be more?

• Playlist for a friend.. or does he want to be more?

[FONT=&quot]So, i've been really stressed out lately, and my friend Zac told me to give him my iPod so he could make me a relaxation playlist. I got it from him yesterday.. and i'm a little concerned he could be trying to tell me something.. :/ Some of the songs… don’t seem like friend to friend.. Do you think he wants to be more than friends or is he just trying to make me feel better?

I didn't know a lot of the songs.. and i looked up lyrics.. it seems like so many are talking about a guy loving/liking a girl but her not seeing it, or feeling the same way. :/

Here’s the Playlist:[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]“There's Always Someone Who Cares”

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]X&Y -Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]With Or Without You -U2[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Where The Streets Have No Name -U2[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Upside Down -Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Trouble -Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Tony The Tiger -Manchester Orchestra[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Title And Registraion -Death Cab For Cutie[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Taylor -Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Talk -Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Sweetest Thing -U2[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Strawberry Fields Forever -Ben Harper[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Spies -Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Speed of Sound -Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Speed Of Light -Jesse Denaro[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Sparks -Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Soul Meets Body -Death Cab for Cutie[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Somewhere Over the Rainbow -Israel Kamakawiwo'le[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Sitting, Waiting, Wishing -Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Simple Hands -Jesse Denaro[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]The Remedy (I Won't Worry) -Jason Mraz[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]People -Jesse Denaro[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Other Side Of The World - KT Tunstall[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]One Day - Matisyahu[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Oil And Water -Incubus[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Ocean Breathes Salty -Modest Mouse[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Marching The Hate Machines Into The Sun - Thievery Corporation[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]The Man Who Can't Be Moved- The Script[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Lebanese Blonde (French) -Thievery Corporation[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]In Da City -Superbook[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Im No Superman - Scrubs[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]I Will Possess Your Heart- Death Cab For Cutie[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]I Will Follow You Into The Dark- Death Cab for Cutie[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]I'm Yours -Jason Mraz[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Holographic Universe -Thievery Corporation[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Hello I'm in Delaware - City and Colour[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Heaven's Gonna Burn Your Eyes --Thievery Corporation[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]The Harrowing Adventures Of... -Tokyo Police Club[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Flake -Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Everything To Nothing - Manchester Orchestra[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Dust To Dust - Jesse Denaro[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Drive - Incubus[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Don't Panic - Coldplay[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Carolina - Jesse Denaro[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Bubble Toes - Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Bruised - The Bens[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Breakeven - The Script [/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Bixby Canyon Bridge - Death Cab For Cutie[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Better Together - Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Belief - John Mayer[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Angels - Wax Poetic (Feat Norah Jones)[/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot]Across The Universe - Fiona Apple [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
      [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
      [CENTER][SIZE=3]Escher's Path took me back..
      [/SIZE] [SIZE=3](Latest Poem)[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lau.ren: the playlist didn't show ().

• Re: Playlist for a friend.. or does he want to be more?

Kinda hard to guess without actually knowing the guy. But the fact that this very idea came to your mind would mean that what he did, is out of the ordinary.
      Honestly, the way I see it and from what I have seen before, I would say he cares about you a great lot. Is it enough for him to like you? *sigh* hard to say. He just might be one of those guys who would be there for you no matter what and come off as the type who wants to date you.
      Best thing to do, in my opinion, is just ask him in a nonchalant way. Or thank him and tell him it made you feel much much better and then watch his reaction. That is what I would do if I were in your shoes.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Well, i ran into him today. he saw me first and ran up and hugged me almost to a full spin.. it was a longer hug ... but I dont know if he's the type of guy to just do this kind of thing.. :/ we've only become friends in like.. june, and until sept it was only on the interwebz.
      We got drunk once.. and he called me "fucking hot" but later when he was sober, all he talked about was how he missed his exgirlfriend. Ugh. it's so confusing.
      [/CENTER]

I dont wanna be a party pooper but if it were a girl I would be cautious with her because to me it might mean that she is on a rebound. He compliments you on your looks and then talks about missing his gf...technically and psychologically him trying to fix you through the play list is him trying to fix himself...but thats just shallow reasoning i think.

In any case, if you like the guy, I say you ask him. If you are "not sure if you like him" then you dont. The fact if you are confused about your feelings for him just might mean you were out of a relationship for a while that you just want "something" or if you just got out....that you might be wanting same thing as him. But since you didnt mention anything like that I will assume that you do not really have great interest for him.
      One of the things I have already suggested...just ask him, it will clear things up (works well on guys, we are idiots when it comes to figuring out gray areas and hints. we usually need black and white facts T__T). If you do not like him, then just let it slide and stay friends. He will get out of his rebound state if he is in one and you guys can stay great friends. I wish I could say that I think that he honestly likes you........but the fact that he told u bout missing his gf just doesnt sit right with me...you know...
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Did he make this playlist just for you or is it just something he copied from his iPod onto yours? If he took the time to make it for you, that shows a lot of commitment and at least implies that he cares quite a bit about you, especially considering the length of this playlist. But judging on the titles of those songs, they do seem to show a lot of feelings for a girl.

Just from past experience, when one of my good friends gave me just one CD to borrow because it reminded me of her, she ended up telling me she liked me. Music is one way people like to connect so it seems appropriate that he may be trying to tell you something with the music.

Also, most guys don't run up to a girl like that and hug them in that manner. In fact, I've never seen a guy do it. If he's that elated to see you, he must have some sort of strong feelings for you, whether platonic or not. Just know that at the very least, he considers you a great friend and has a good deal of respect for you.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

With no other knowledge about this guy than what you've said, the playlist IS pretty suggestive. If I were going to try to be really covert about trying to get someone to know I liked them and was too shy to just say it directly, I would do something like this. Are there any other things you have noticed from him that might also shed some light on this?

artizhay wrote:

Did he make this playlist just for you or is it just something he copied from his iPod onto yours? If he took the time to make it for you, that shows a lot of commitment and at least implies that he cares quite a bit about you, especially considering the length of this playlist. But judging on the titles of those songs, they do seem to show a lot of feelings for a girl.

Just from past experience, when one of my good friends gave me just one CD to borrow because it reminded me of her, she ended up telling me she liked me. Music is one way people like to connect so it seems appropriate that he may be trying to tell you something with the music.

Also, most guys don't run up to a girl like that and hug them in that manner. In fact, I've never seen a guy do it. If he's that elated to see you, he must have some sort of strong feelings for you, whether platonic or not. Just know that at the very least, he considers you a great friend and has a good deal of respect for you.

He didn't have this already made, it took him over a week to make it (i was really missing my ipod haha).
      I've been really depressed lately so, i originally was thinking him being so nice was because of that, but idk a combination of factors is making me think otherwise. :/

Jenna wrote:

With no other knowledge about this guy than what you've said, the playlist IS pretty suggestive. If I were going to try to be really covert about trying to get someone to know I liked them and was too shy to just say it directly, I would do something like this. Are there any other things you have noticed from him that might also shed some light on this?

The only other things have been that he's been huggy to me? haha. and i noticed he like.. softly touched my arm when he was saying goodbye after we ran into eachother at a coffee cafe place. idk. :/

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Oh. but to set things straight- I have a boyfriend of 2 1/2 years.. I like this guy but only as a friend.. I'm just worried things will get awkward. :/
      [/CENTER]

If he made it just for you, and took all that time to do it, I'd say he likes you. That as well as the hugs and arm touching let you know that he's got some feelings for you.

There's no reason things have to be awkward between you two. Just keep going about with your life, and if he gives more indications he likes you, just give him subtle hints that you have no interest in being more than a friend with him.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]