antidepressants?

• Re: antidepressants?

I'd like my dad to be alive, that would make me super fucking happy

and numbing your mind so you do not feel pain is being alive? Is it just me or does nobody else think there is something very wrong here, so many people get pills thrown at them by their doctors these days, wtf is going on.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I'd like my dad to be alive, that would make me super fucking happy

and numbing your mind so you do not feel pain is being alive? Is it just me or does nobody else think there is something very wrong here, so many people get pills thrown at them by their doctors these days, wtf is going on.
      ''there is no way to peace, peace is the way''

ThailandTom wrote:

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I've gone 5 years w/o them, even with therapy, I think its time I tried it..
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Yea sure, why not. Those are 2 options to take and there are others. Maybe try changing therapist or therapy type, but seriously I have taken them and they are not different to medicating yourself with an illegal drug in principle. Apart from maybe really hardcore drugs such as heroin, that is deadly. I am not trying to stop you or anything, there is just something inherently wrong here in the modern world.

Clinical depression is a modern day illness, going back over 100 years there were far less cases of it, now a days half of the population is being dosed up to the eyeballs.

The british government authorized a study into depression with 3 treatments, therapy, drugs and meditation. Meditation was actually the most beneficial and easiest to do. The problem is there are not enough people to go and train these depressed people to meditate properly and also many people are quick to doubt its power or give it a try

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

woah wtf, I missed that. Jenni is 15 and is on anti depressants ... LOL, jeez these doctors need a good fcking slap
      ''there is no way to peace, peace is the way''

ThailandTom wrote:

Yea sure, why not. Those are 2 options to take and there are others. Maybe try changing therapist or therapy type, but seriously I have taken them and they are not different to medicating yourself with an illegal drug in principle. Apart from maybe really hardcore drugs such as heroin, that is deadly. I am not trying to stop you or anything, there is just something inherently wrong here in the modern world.

Clinical depression is a modern day illness, going back over 100 years there were far less cases of it, now a days half of the population is being dosed up to the eyeballs.

The british government authorized a study into depression with 3 treatments, therapy, drugs and meditation. Meditation was actually the most beneficial and easiest to do. The problem is there are not enough people to go and train these depressed people to meditate properly and also many people are quick to doubt its power or give it a try

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

woah wtf, I missed that. Jenni is 15 and is on anti depressants ... LOL, jeez these doctors need a good fcking slap

Yeah dude I understand, but at this point I really could careless... I'm not about unnatural drugs fucking with my head, but I'm willing to give it a try.. Its more like a last resort..
      /
      Will a college doctor prescribe me, I wanna do this discreetly?
      "I'm gods lonely man"

I don't know much about college doctors, but your regular doctor will be as discreet as you want them to be So I don't think there's a need for a college doctor unless it's more convenient to you, and if so just ask them about it.

And ThailandTom, I understand you're not trying to stop him or change his mind, but if you want to speak about this subject the way you are now, make a thread in the debate section of the forum. We're kinda getting off topic here.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Gooeyswat wrote:

I don't know much about college doctors, but your regular doctor will be as discreet as you want them to be So I don't think there's a need for a college doctor unless it's more convenient to you, and if so just ask them about it.

And ThailandTom, I understand you're not trying to stop him or change his mind, but if you want to speak about this subject the way you are now, make a thread in the debate section of the forum. We're kinda getting off topic here.

I hope he can.. I just don't want people knowing, they look at you different.. I'm the type of person who keeps their feelings inside them..
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Well, that could be part of your issue. People who keep things inside them often have a harder time with coping with stress and issues that come up in their lives. You can always talk to us here if you can't talk to someone in real life, just saying.

And don't worry, with a doctor they are not allowed to tell anyone, so no one will know unless you tell them yourself.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Gooeyswat wrote:

Well, that could be part of your issue. People who keep things inside them often have a harder time with coping with stress and issues that come up in their lives. You can always talk to us here if you can't talk to someone in real life, just saying.

And don't worry, with a doctor they are not allowed to tell anyone, so no one will know unless you tell them yourself.

Thats why I like this site, I can share shit that I don't normally share..
      "I'm gods lonely man"

I take antidepressants, but its mostly just to find which one works well with you,
      it's pretty much trial and error, but most of these AD take about 6 weeks to work, so by then i'm sure you'll be able to gauge how it affects you.
      One I used to be on made me sleepy,
      another one was highly addictive (and made me addicted to any other medicine I took)
      Just make sure the one you take doesn't end in 'Pan' (or it may be 'Pam') but it's either or.
      Those are also called sedative, and are HIGHLY addictive, with bad side effects.
      If you need it, take it.. just be weary of the side effects and keep your doctor up to date with how it's reacting with you :)

p.s,
      Doctors are under legal obligation to keep this to themselves (and obviously with the paper in your file that only medical personnel can see, in case you get injured they need to know what you're on for how to treat you).

People will always talk about you
      Might as well give them something to talk about

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bella ().

SugarLips wrote:

I take antidepressants, but its mostly just to find which one works well with you,
      it's pretty much trial and error, but most of these AD take about 6 weeks to work, so by then i'm sure you'll be able to gauge how it affects you.
      One I used to be on made me sleepy,
      another one was highly addictive (and made me addicted to any other medicine I took)
      Just make sure the one you take doesn't end in 'Pan' (or it may be 'Pam') but it's either or.
      Those are also called sedative, and are HIGHLY addictive, with bad side effects.
      If you need it, take it.. just be weary of the side effects and keep your doctor up to date with how it's reacting with you :)

p.s,
      Doctors are under legal obligation to keep this to themselves (and obviously with the paper in your file that only medical personnel can see, in case you get injured they need to know what you're on for how to treat you).

6weeekkss ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I better get started
      "I'm gods lonely man"

ThailandTom wrote:

How old are you, was it 18 or 19? You said you have had depression or problems for 5 years or so. That must be hard to live with, I have had my fair share of anxiety and depressions issues fromt eh age of 12- 19, so I know how it is. But yea, best of luck

Ever since freshman year of HS.. I'm 18 now.. Thanks man
      "I'm gods lonely man"