One month anniversary dinner :D

• One month anniversary dinner :D

So, I haven't really said anything on TH, But i've been going out with a guy for a month now as of tonight. And out of pure coincidence I had the house to myself for 2 nights, so I cooked up a dinner for the special night. I was quite proud of it so I'll put some pics here.

First course was a home made pumpkin soup. I forgot to take pictures though :( but it was delish.

Main was home style chicken parmigiana with chunky vegetable chips. The vegetables I used were potato, carrot, sweet potato, asparagus and beetroot. It was the best parmigiana i've ever had. I served this with a beautiful New Zealand Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc from 2009.

And for dessert I made a tripple layer chocolate mousse with strawberries and cream. I decorated them with chocolate leaves with looks super cool. I served this with a home made Italian thick hot chocolate. sooooo much chocolate :drool:

But ofcourse after this we had to finish the bottle of wine and the left over champaign from earlier in the afternoon... and the best part came after dinner ;)
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: One month anniversary dinner :D

Mr. Frazer wrote:

Haha, looks like you really went out of your way ;D
      Hope your guy enjoyed it? :)

Haha yep, like I said- the best part came after dinner, so yeh it worked reasonably well :D
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Aleksandr wrote:

Are you sure you didn't go too over the top? I

No not at all. I'm the type of person who enjoys the finer things in life, and Owen knows this. Lol any opportunity to eat delicious food drink great great wine and spend a night with someone special is a good opportunity. :D
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Finn wrote:

I'm a little lost here.... what happened :shifty:

ahaha, well if you can't work out what might've happened "after dinner :wink:" then I'm a li'l bit worried :p
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Bazinga! wrote:

No not at all. I'm the type of person who enjoys the finer things in life, and Owen knows this. Lol any opportunity to eat delicious food drink great great wine and spend a night with someone special is a good opportunity. :D

Amen to this! I love sitting down for a great meal with a bunch of close friends. Way better than going to the bars anyday!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=3]
      [/SIZE]

emilyb13 wrote:

omg that looks soooooo good. are you aspiring to be a chef or something because that looks like it came from a 5 star hotel.

ahaha no, actually I want to be a professional composer or work with new media arts in graphic design or film. I just enjoy cooking... and each time I try something a bit more complex.

Hitopopamus wrote:

You had the square plates and everything.
      GJ.

:D It's great when everything you need to present it nice is in the kitchen.

adamEcstacy wrote:

Haha, I'm glad your dinner went finer than mine. We tried cooking together and had no idea what we were doing.

Congratulations with your one-month with your boyfriend, your dinner, and your after dinner too. ;)

ahaha, oh well at least you had fun doing it :D We were going to do this but then he had to cover a shift at work and couldn't make it till later so I just went ahead and had it all ready.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]