How to look emo?

• Re: How to look emo?

Hello and welcome to Megatron's tips on how to be emo. Here are complex detailed steps

Style your hair. Most emo girls have black, blonde, or multi-colored/mixed colored hair, but you don't have to have to color your hair a certain way; it's all about how you style your hair. Some emo hairstyles are spiky with layers or wavy with layers (long or short). Don't forget to wear a cute matching hairband, a small cute bow, or some bobby pins.

Put on your make-up. First, you'll need at least 3 different colors of eye-liner/liquid including black and any light/dark shade of eye-shadow(like black or hot pink).Take eye-shadow and put it on being sure that it does not go out of the eyelid. Take the black eye-liner/liquid eye-liner and stay close to the bottom lashes and work your way all around. After that, use another colored eye-liner/liquid eye-liner and draw below the first layer of eye-liner/liquid eye-liner you just put on and continue the same thing with the last color eye-liner/liquid eye-liner.

Accessorize your clothes. When it comes to jeans, only wear skinny jeans; no other types of jeans. A band t-shirt is a must for boys/girls, and some emo girls wear vests with a cute under-shirt and a tie. Some shoes to pick from are Vans, Converse, Flats, and Sneakers.

Just be yourself. Emo personality isn't about acting a certain way, all you need to is be yourself and have lots of confidence in what you do

Are you a girl? If not, then here are boy tips

1. Get an Emo haircut. Your hair is important - it will make or break you - so it's important that you get a hairstyle that's just right. There are so many Emo hairstyles to choose from. Contrary to popular belief, not every Emo has short, black, choppy hair (although this screams Emo; in a good way). Some of your abundant style choices include: fairly long hair, with many layers and optionally bangs, possibly chunks of bleached-blond sections and other colors. You can try loose waves, though the standard style is straight/straightened hair. If you're overwhelmed, try some standard things; bangs and layers. Later on, you can add the streaks and colours. Keep in mind that:
      googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ac…o.com/hair/hairIndex.html
      You can go for a classic short bob, with or without bangs that cover one eye; dye it black, dark brown, bright red, or platinum blond. It looks especially good when the back is teased up with hair.

• Pink/black/Purple/baby blue/neon green layered hair for girls is becoming popular. The top layer is usually cut short and is made to stick out - spiked, in a sense. You can even tease your hair.
      • Think outside the box. Emo has its roots in the punk scene, and isn't just limited to black. Hair can be dark brown, black, blond, or any color you want as long as the cut is expressive of a punk rock culture and has a little Emo flare.
      • Accessories can vamp up a look. Little bows have become extremely popular, as have large clips or even ribbons. Play it up and create your own unique style. Remember that there are no rules to looking and being Emo - you can do whatever you want.

Do your make-up as bold as possible. Applying a striking amount of eye-liner is standard in the Emo scene. Do not apply this kind of make up to go to work, or if you're school does not allow such things, or you'll find yourself in trouble. If there's a potential for smudging, then try using eye pencil instead of liquid eyeliner.
      • The Emo look usually includes being as pale as your natural skin tone will allow. Keep your skin pale and use sunscreen to make sure you don't end up with an ultra tanned, sun kissed look which will take you very far from looking Emo. Also, the clearer and paler the skin, the more striking your makeup will look. You can also get a whitening foundation. This isn't extremely important so don't go overboard with this - you don't want to look like a clown.
      • Dark nail polish is recommended. Black is normal, but other colors such as dark green, dark purple, or even black and white stripes could work. Make sure your nail polish doesn't chip or wear out, or it'll start to look cheap.

<LI class="steps_li final_li">3

[B]Choose the perfect clothes[/B]. Clothes are extremely important, and will help form the basics of your look, define your own style and change your look. Although every person is unique and has their own taste, there are some basics to perfecting the Emo wardrobe. Follow these instructions and you get there:
      • Choose black or navy coloured skinny jeans to wear - skinny jeans are essential. They look great when they are ripped and combined with a (usually silver and black) studded belt. You can also try chains hooked onto your belt, badges, or patches.

• A dark coloured zip-hoodie is a classic must have. Try black, or dark purple. Stripes also work very well; red and black, purple and black and so on. This hoodie and the skinny jeans form the basics of your wardrobe.
      • Wear band t-shirts. These are great for comfortable everyday wear. If you are a guy you should wear very tight clothing it is usually best to wear womens clothing because they have nice short sleeves usually and are very tight on men
      • Find lots of bright colored t-shirts. They can have cartoon characters on them, or they can just have an interesting print - the important thing is that you are comfortable being seen in it.
      • Wear the classic 'shirt and tie'. Find yourself a white shirt with a collar, and wear a black or red tie with it. This also looks good with a black shirt and red tie.
      • Get some proper shoes. Converse, Vans, and DCs are common, but pumps and Doc Martins are also acceptable. Try writing or drawing on your Converse to add a personal touch.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Megatron ().

I think you should dress and look however you want. If the "emo" style catches your eye then that's cool with me. I go through ridiculous fashion choices.. some that I already regret, haha but it's part of growing up I suppose.

I'd say, waltz into Hot Topic or Google that kid from Fall Out Boy or even typing in scene hair cuts can get you interesting hair choices.

I will give props to the hair. I do still like that. Not sure if I'm into the black hair, but a guy with good hair is all right with me.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For the love of god, dont turn emo!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] Cassie: Do you remember when you rode with me in the ambulance after I tried to kill myself?
      Jal
      : Of course.

Cassie
      : That's what love feels like.
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
      &#9829;
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]I Love You Dylan[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [SIZE=3]&#9829;[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]