Help - Putting in a tampon HURTS, and I've been using them for years!

• Help - Putting in a tampon HURTS, and I've been using them for years!

I don't know what's going on :(

I had sex this past weekend, not for the first time or anything, but for the first time in a couple months. I don't know if they're related, just saying in the interest of full disclosure. I was a little sore the day or so after but then felt fine. I got my period yesterday, and I can't put in a tampon! I can get the applicator most of the way in and then it feels like it can't go any farther and it HURTS and I can't get out of the applicator. I've tried sitting and standing and multiple times over the past two days! It's not a sharp pain or a shooting pain, it literally feels like the tampon hit a wall and can't get past it, it's like a dull but strong ache. It's not chafing or friction or anything like that.

What is going on? I've been using tampons since I was 13 - I'm 19 now!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spark ().

• Re: Help - Putting in a tampon HURTS, and I've been using them for years!

Spark wrote:

I don't know what's going on :(

I had sex this past weekend, not for the first time or anything, but for the first time in a couple months. I don't know if they're related, just saying in the interest of full disclosure. I was a little sore the day or so after but then felt fine. I got my period yesterday, and I can't put in a tampon! I can get the applicator most of the way in and then it feels like it can't go any farther and it HURTS and I can't get out of the applicator. I've tried sitting and standing and multiple times over the past two days! It's not a sharp pain or a shooting pain, it literally feels like the tampon hit a wall and can't get past it, it's like a dull but strong ache. It's not chafing or friction or anything like that.

What is going on? I've been using tampons since I was 13 - I'm 19 now!

obiously im not speaking from experience; however

maybe you should try just putting it in reeeaaalllyyyy sssllloooowww?

if not, just use a pad x.x
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

If sex is the only thing differently that you've done that may have caused this, I'd say you might want to check with a doctor on this matter. It's been a few days, perhaps wait until it's been a week or so, and then go to a professional if it continues.

That's just my suggestion, hopefully though someone else here may have been through this and may know what to do.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Gooeyswat wrote:

If sex is the only thing differently that you've done that may have caused this, I'd say you might want to check with a doctor on this matter. It's been a few days, perhaps wait until it's been a week or so, and then go to a professional if it continues.

That's just my suggestion, hopefully though someone else here may have been through this and may know what to do.

This. Also, make sure that you don't continue to try and force a tampon in there. Switch to pads for now, on the off chance that it's something serious.

If it's only hurting when you try to put a tampon in, I suggest you just stick with pads for this period. If it's still hurting after that, I'm going to third the recommendation that you see a doctor. It seems very odd to me, did you have any pain or discomfort during or right after sex?