So, there's this girl I like

• Re: So, there's this girl I like

Trust me, there was this girl I didn't talk to EVER (I always saw her when I played tennis), but you just swallow your pride and go for it! Just start a conversation with something she likes (for me, the girl was Korean and I happened to LOVE Korean pop music).

tldr; start talking! Don't be shy it's never too late :)

(but, if she loves Justin Bieber or Twilight, don't talk about that.... trust me)

It would not be awkward at all. Besides, I doubt she keeps tabs on everyone in the class and keeps track of when the person started talking to her.
      Just ask to borrow a pencil or whatever if you are too shy. Otherwise talking is not that big a deal, and if you guys click, nothing can be easier.

and lol at taktak
      The King of Mind-Fuck

I like the borrowing a pencil idea. You're guaranteed two conversations with her, one short and the other longer if you choose to. The first conversation is just asking for the pencil. But you have to give it back, so at the end of class, you'll have time between classes to give the pencil back and start some small talk. Find out more about her and what she likes to do so that next time, you know what she would like to talk about. Also find out if she plays any sports. You can ask how her games went, etc. It gives you something else to talk about plus it shows that you care about what she does.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

Get some confidence and do it. It may seem like a miserable thought, but remember that it will only last for 5 minutes. You don't have to do it again if you don't seem to think she's a good match for you. But you'll be able to come back and tell us that you did it. Then I'd be proud of you. =D You have to learn to do it anyway for any girl in the future who you have strong feelings for. Now is a good time to start, at your age, building confidence and learning to approach girls.

Just talk to her! It doesn't matter if you never said a word to her, try and initiate a conversation and introduce yourself! Now's a great opportunity to get to know people and establish friendships. If she's the shy type, try and make her feel comfortable. Get to know her and see what she's like :)
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

Well, she could have moved up just because she was nice. A common problem among shy guys is that they place small events way too high up on their...optimism scale, I guess you could call it, trying too hard to read into meaningless happenings. There are a billion potential reasons as to why she moved up. If it was because of you, it was only physical and you still don't know anything about each other.

The whole eye contact thing is pretty common too. Whether you know it or not, and want it to or not, it basically says, "Hey, I was totally just staring at you because I'm interested in you, but I casually looked away as you turned toward me because I didn't want you to catch me staring and make eye contact, but I still allowed you to see my head turning away from you so that you can be sure that I was, in fact, looking at you."

You can repeat that a thousand times and it will probably get you nowhere. Letting a girl see you taking her eyes off of her as she looks toward you is generally not an effective way of breaking the ice.

You have to talk to her to know if she's interested unless she's openly gawking at you, which most girls don't do. Even if you don't know what the signs me, take a mental note of them and let us know and we can help you out. Pay attention to the speed of her speech and her body language. If she talks fast, generally she's not interested unless she's just nervous (this can be confirmed by fidgeting, repeatedly doing something like touching hair, or only quick eye contact time to time). If she leans away or is constantly moving away from you, she's not interested. Pay attention to any touching at all. Light brushes, etc. are signs of interest. Her best chance to touch you at all would be when returning a pencil, so that's why I like that idea.

I'd get close her and ask her for a sheet of lose leaf or white out and then kick in, thanks how was your weekend? That should get her talking...and then you give your imput "My weekend was great went bowling?" You been bowling before? Oh yeah...why not

Etc..social skills bro. Social Skills! :wink:
      [SIZE=3][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun![/SIZE]

this is probably the most common problem that guys have, its the approaching of girls, but trust me, she is the same as you, just try and open up a convo, the pencil idea is good, maybe talk about the class ye are in, or just simply say hello im.... and go from there, i think it would be more weird if ye didnt talk, her moving desks, could be a sign, but more than likely is not, but use it to your advantage, just be yourself and try to relax. eye contact is essential, listen to what she is saying and try and respond to what she is saying, you will more than likely know yourself if she likes you back. just go for it, if she is interested she will subtly let you know, if she is not, then at least you can say you went for it. best of luck man
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

wow i found another one like me, Dude im just like you but my problem is I overthink it way too much and im pretty sure thats happening with you, and yes confidence was a huge problem with me i hadnt spoken to almost anybody especially from the female gender from 5th to 11th grade 0.o thats a long time i posted on this forum a while back and every1 told me to grow a pair and talk to her but i didnt, i just did what I thought was right. . . im writing way to much so ill make my point in bold below =)

Confidence is key and yes it is hard to talk to someone if you like them, but there really are only two options 1) You talk to her and get to know her OR 2) You don't talk to her and she just never notices you and then you feel bad about yourself for letting the opportunity go by. It's happened to me millions of times literally from school to school city to city wherever i moved i missed a lot of opportunities for a long time and i regret that.

Word of advice...and I dont wanna go against what others said...but do not, do NOT start a conversation with a compliment. If she is a remotely attractive girl, then many guys approach her, and I guarantee you many make the mistake of a compliment. I am telling you as soon as that happens she goes "oh god...not again T__T". If you wanna make an impression, ask for a pencil...she wont eat you dude lol. The fact that you will start talking to her EVEN if its for like a mere 2 seconds Ie: hey would you have a pencil I can borrow for a minute? she will like that. Girls like to communicate, and you would be a "new" person she talks to.
      The King of Mind-Fuck

Aww you should talk to her! I totally understand if you freeze up because I've done that too, but try to get some sort of easy word in where you ask what time it is or ask to borrow her phone to make an important call or something and then just introduce yourself after and conversation will probably come naturally.