Help me to save our Earth.

• Help me to save our Earth.

GLOBAL WARMING

Global warming is a rise in the average temperature of earth's atmosphere.
      Average temperature have increased by 0.8 degree C around the world since 1880.
      How it Happens?

The inside of a car parked with all its window rolled up, will be hot even if its a cool, windy day. whereas the same car parked with its window down will not be as hot, Why?
      Its because the glass windows allow sunlight to enter but do not allow the heat to escape, thereby trapping heat by its interiors.
      A simple phenomenon with earth too. A few gases in our atmosphere called greenhouse gases act like a car's window i.e., they allows the energy from sun to enter but do not allow it to escape. this phenomenon known as greenhouse effect, Keeps earth at the right temperature for all living things to survive but excess greenhouse gases trap too much heat, making warmer than necessary,over time , this results in Global Warming. A few green house gases are Carbon Dioxide, Water vapours, Nitrous oxide and Methane.
      "...The Earth is the only place in the Universe where there is life. Its continued survive now rests in our hands." - David Attenborough
      Everyone knows how much earth have helped us but now earth need our help.
      Large scale burning of fossil fuel like coal and petroleum for transportation and electricity generation has led to huge quantity of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
      This effects to the mountain glaciers across the planet and polar ice are melting rapidly. As melt water flows down into oceans and seas, the sea levels are rising. This in turn will flood coastal areas and contaminate fresh water resources.
      Rapidly melting mountain glaciers will initially cause rivers fed by them to flood. Later when all the glaciers and mountain ice shrinks or disappears due to melting, the rivers, which are our main source of freshwater will dry up causing severe water shortage. these are the few most immediate impacts of global warming.
      Please post here other impacts of global warming which you know.
      Electricity is chiefly produced by burning fossil fuels. Transportation also requires burning of fossil fuels. therefore, every time you travel by a fuel-powered vehicle or use electricity you add greenhouse gases to our atmosphere.
      I know, we cant stop use of vehicles and electricity in our day to day life but we can reduce use of them.
      We can reduce Global Warming by choosing to wake up with a traditional wind-up alarm clock rather than the beep of an electric one, in one year you can prevent the release of 18Kg of CO2 into atmosphere. If you take the bus or train instead of a car for commuting as little as 8Km everyday 620Kg of CO2 can be prevented from releasing into the atmosphere annually. Reducing the time you use a microwave, by an hour a day can stop the release of 474Kg of CO2 into the atmosphere per year. Besides saving 10 liter of water per minute, a water saving shower head will also slash CO2 emission resulting from a 3 minute hot shower by half. If you reduce the usage of your geyser by just one hour a day, you can stop the release of 1205Kg of Co2 into atmosphere per year. Replacing a regular 60-watt bulb with more energy efficient ones will reduce your CO2 emission by one fourth. If you use a clothesline to dry your clothes instead of using the dryer in your washing machine, 840Kg of CO2 can be prevented from releasing into the atmosphere annually. Heating bread rolls in a toaster versus an oven for 15 minutes, will prevent 62Kg of Co2 from being released into atmosphere annually. If you decide to go without AC for two hours a day, you can stop the release of 2190Kg of CO2 into the atmosphere per year. If you maintain a tight seal on your refrigerator door and keep the appliances coils clean, 317Kg of CO2 can be prevented from releasing into the atmosphere annually. Choosing to jog in a nearby park instead of a 45 minute work out on a treadmill, will prevent 365Kg of CO2 from being released into the atmosphere annually.
      If you have ideas to control global warming please post in this thread.
      We need to take quick actions for global warming. I have started a campaign for this, I am trying to alert people for global warming by banners, palmplates and through organising shows. It was hard for me b'coz I love car racing and its my income source. Now I have reduced my practice time and I am planting much plants to control Co2. I have invested my every thing for this campaign. Please make some donations here in teenhut at my profile account as much as you can. Its not compelsary for everyone, but who really wants to help us for reducing global warming. Donate as much as possible.
      I want to invest more for a alertive campaign of Global warming.
      Please have a campaign in your schools, colleges for alert of global warming. and request your teachers to co-operate you.

I request to the members of teenhut to add reputation points to the members who have given us good ideas and suggestion here to control global warming.
      And readers who are not members of teenhut please signup at free of cost and post important suggestions here
      _____PLEASE_____
      Because For a Racer, A story is there.
      No matter How powerfull your car is, but the matter is How you Drive to win the Race.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Help me to save our Earth.

Global warming on its own is harmless, what I have noticed is the increase in extremes, we had out hottest summer this year with a maximum of 45ºC, and the coldest winter in 50 years with a minimum of -4ºC it usually doesn't get close to 0 in the winter, and not over 37ºC in the summer.

We also got rain records, 1100mm this year only, which is more than the last two years combined.

there is no fighting global warming, there is no helping earth, it has "lived" perfectly after worse disasters, it will find a way to eliminate some, or all of us, and start over.

Global warming gets worsened by fossil fuel burning right?

Here's the sad truth:
      Fossil fuels = economy

it's too late, almost no one will invest in clean power if there is still the chance of fossil fuel burning, and fossil fuel companies like BP and others will do as much as possible to prevent clean energy plants to succeed.

It's all about money.

Why you think that we cant do anything. we must plan a better future for us.
      I know we cant stop Global warming totally but we can reduce global warming.
      No matter How powerfull your car is, but the matter is How you Drive to win the Race.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No we can't.
      You can be sure of that, read my previous post, I kind of explained it.

MONEY, do you know what people do for MONEY? there's no way major oil companies will stop producing and searching for more, they would lose money, and have to fire TONNES of people that worked hard to be where they are.
      Nature has it's way, you can be sure we aren't gonna be the ones to *Kill* it.

I disagree..there is hope for our planet. =)
      It's not just money..education is key too. People like Pranit, who are trying to make a difference, are making people aware of global warming, of things they can do to help our planet.
      There's so many science and technology, one day someone somewhere will come up with methods that can help stop global warming.
      It's possible..Impossible is not a word for me, just an excuse.

try avoiding these simple few things.
      1. use a fan. stop using ac. infact burn all the acs in the house
      2. use more public transport like buses trains and use cycles for short distances. burn ur car
      this might be the most painful
      3. after ur turn off the tv with remote make sure u unplug it as well. same with computers, home theatres n other systems that comes with a IR/Bluetooth remote
      4. plant new trees on ur garden.
      5. persuade a few developed countries including usa to sign and follow the kyoto protocol.

if these can be done. i dont see a problem with global warming at all

Ashique wrote:

try avoiding these simple few things.
      1. use a fan. stop using ac. infact burn all the acs in the house
      2. use more public transport like buses trains and use cycles for short distances. burn ur car
      this might be the most painful
      3. after ur turn off the tv with remote make sure u unplug it as well. same with computers, home theatres n other systems that comes with a IR/Bluetooth remote
      4. plant new trees on ur garden.
      5. persuade a few developed countries including usa to sign and follow the kyoto protocol.

if these can be done. i dont see a problem with global warming at all

lol, by burning your car and AC you're not helping :rolleyes:

Who thinks it can be stopped is really naive, years ago it has been said that if we really wanted it stopped all carbon missions would have to be halted right now, that right now was years ago.

Oh, and no one is even sure if we are responsible for global warming, Earth has gone through a few cycles of cold and hot extremes way before we got here.

Question regarding bolded phrase - What would you give them in return?

And how will avoiding planting trees help?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dexter. ().

Factories and other things, I meaned industries which creates greenhouse gases are important for country economy, and we cant stop them. okay they are making greenhouse gases, and they can reduce that too. They can use natural resources as wind power, solar energy, at least they must refer planting as much as possible to control CO2. If they dont they must be banned, government should cancel their licenses. I've little political support here in my country, and I'll use every thing to control Global warming.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dexter. wrote:

lol, by burning your car and AC you're not helping :rolleyes:

Who thinks it can be stopped is really naive, years ago it has been said that if we really wanted it stopped all carbon missions would have to be halted right now, that right now was years ago.

Oh, and no one is even sure if we are responsible for global warming, Earth has gone through a few cycles of cold and hot extremes way before we got here.

Question regarding bolded phrase - What would you give them in return?

And how will avoiding planting trees help?

Thanks for your comments, I was trying to tell you, We all people on earth are responsible for this Global warming and we have to control this to make better future. but you cant understand even if any scientist tell you.

And I am happy to know, You are the only one who is genius. scientists and all who are trying to control G.W. are mad.

I cant believe anyone can think like this.

If you cant help us to reduce G.house gases so please dont increase them. this will be much helpful to us.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pranit ().

I stand between Pranit and Dexter. I believe that I have a responsibility to do all I can to reduce my effect on global warming and the environment, and I also believe that all I can do won't make a difference in the face of all the people who don't believe they have a responsibility.

~+ Bear +~ wrote:

Ugh omg I honestly can't stand people who do this shit.
      One of my pet peeves.

Lemme guess, you're a sceptic?
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Esmo wrote:

I stand between Pranit and Dexter. I believe that I have a responsibility to do all I can to reduce my effect on global warming and the environment, and I also believe that all I can do won't make a difference in the face of all the people who don't believe they have a responsibility.

Lemme guess, you're a sceptic?

No. I'm aware of what's going on; but I'm so so so very sick of hearing about it.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

At the rate our climate is changing , the world is warmer than it has ever in the last 10000Years. Global warming means living under water, If greenland's entire ice were to melt, global sea level would rise by 7.2 meters. Between 34 and 80 fish species have become extinct since the late 19th century 6 since 1970 the reason is global warming. Warmer temperature means malaria carrying mosquitoes are now able to live in climates beyond the tropics, in areas where they were not found earlier. The alphine meadows are disappearing due to higher temperature. Bighorn sheep, mountain goats and grizzly bears are becoming homeless! The plastic bottles that you use today will break down completely in your great-great-great grandson's time, it takes about 450 years just for one plastic bottle to break down in the ground. If you lined up all the polystyrene foam cups made in just one day, the would circle the earth. Can you calculate the amount of waste generated in a year?
      In Glacier National Park, The number of glaciers has dropped from 150 to 26 none will be left within the next 30 years! Warmer winter means skiers have more trouble finding places to train! The present CO2 concentration is the higher in the past 420000 years and possibly in past 20 million years. The Mediterranean sea is quickly turning into a stagnant sea affecting many of the sea's plant and animal species! Four out of five of the worlds beaches are eroding away! The culprit? Global warming! The worlds richest countries with 20 percent of global population, use about 80 percent of the worlds resources. In tibet, the ice records indicate that the last 50 years have been the warmest in 1000 years. River are beginning to run dry because the glaciers from which the river get its water , is shrinking at a rate of 34 meters a year twice as fast as two decades ago. the glaciers could disappear by 2030! A quarter of all the worlds coral reefs have been destroyed in the past 20 years, by the soaring sea temperature. In the Indian ocean and parts of the pacific, more than three quarters coral reefs are through to have died! Greenland is melting at the rate of 52 cubic miles per year. Because of waming oceans sharks coming closer to the shores, so they can hunt more humans.
      The ammount of oxygen produced by an acre of trees per year equals the amount consumed by 18 people annually. Some indoor plants can remove 87 percent of indoor toxic air in just 24 hours! If all our newspapers was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year! Recycling a single plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60 watt bulb for up to 6 hours.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe you all didn't hear the news.. There is no such thing as global warming. It has already been discovered and released on the news that the scientists were wrong about global warming. It was just a ploy by the government if you ask me to scare the public..Duh.. But seriously it's already confirmed. It's not real.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Thats coming from an inside source from the government by the way.