What is good for sleeping?

• What is good for sleeping?

I've tried taking something over the counter and it didn't work well except it made me have to sleep more and I felt more tired when I woke up. Without pills I've tried everything to put my body on a good schedule but my body refuses to adjust. So what's something good that I can take that works? Anything over the counter?
    • Re: What is good for sleeping?

Have you tried Melatonin? If your sleep issues are really that bad and things aren't working for you, have you considered going to a Dr. and talking to him about it? He could probably give you something like Ambien. Another thing you could try is any allergy medication with an antihistamine, it usually causes you to feel tired and drowsy, so that could help you dose off. Doxylamine is a big sleep inducer too, you can find it in Unisom. What exactly is your night time routine like? How is your schedule of being awake and sleeping?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

all the sleep i get now is after school when i pass out. if im lucky then during the night i'll get 2 hours. of course during weekends (and i have 3 days off) its a different story cause i dont have to wake up early, so i'll end up waking up late afternoon. its been a big issue and the main reason i've been fucking up so much since high school started, and now im in college.

unisom is the one i tried that just made me have to sleep more and made me feel more drowsy when i woke up. i'll give melatonin a try first and then see about the other two choices

breakboy wrote:

all the sleep i get now is after school when i pass out. if im lucky then during the night i'll get 2 hours. of course during weekends (and i have 3 days off) its a different story cause i dont have to wake up early, so i'll end up waking up late afternoon. its been a big issue and the main reason i've been fucking up so much since high school started, and now im in college.

unisom is the one i tried that just made me have to sleep more and made me feel more drowsy when i woke up. i'll give melatonin a try first and then see about the other two choices

Well thats half your issue right there, you have to keep a consistent sleep schedule and NOT sleep after school. Even if it means going to sleep at 9 or 10 pm that night, you can't sleep after school, because that naps means you're not going to really be able to sleep for the night. You also have to keep a regular schedule. So say you don't sleep after school, make yourself go to bed at 10 pm, wake up at 9 am. On the weekends, go to sleep at 12 pm, wake up at 10 am. Get your body on a normal sleep schedule, it might be hard at first, but it'll definitely help you sleep better.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling