nyc random subway bag searches

• nyc random subway bag searches

Ok so sometimes the new york police randomly pick people in the new york subway and ask them to allow them to search their bag. You can refuse but the police say you have to leave the subway and you cannot board the train.

Now a subway is a public space so what right do the police have to tell you to leave a public space? I know the constitution allows the police to stop people boarding airplanes but if you refuse to be searched at the airport you can still stay at the airport, so shouldn't the new york police only tell people they cannot board the train instead of telling them to leave the subway?
    • Re: nyc random subway bag searches

i believe the rule is that you can refuse and then you cant go through the turnstile. as for hanging around im really not sure, although i wouldn't go through the trouble of finding out. technically i don't see why you wouldn't be able to, but then again you can get a summons just for being at a park. smartest thing to do is just wait right outside unless you really wanna go to court and fight to beat something that little.

It's New York, being a liberal state run by the Democrats means you don't have so many rights and the police have more powers. Now if police stopped me around here for no reason to search my things I'd tell them to **** off and give them the bird.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

Security and freedom will always be at loggerheads because when one moves forwards the other usually moves backwards. Whether police searching your bags is wrong or not depends on which side (and they're both pretty good things to have) you want more.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

what's the point of having a racial/age profiling random search system where if you have something on you you're gonna refuse being searched? its not like you can't walk to another station a few blocks away or even find a different entrance to the same station where they won't spot you. new york law enforcement is ass backwards in so many ways, and a lot of freedoms they take away don't make things any more secure.

The States seem to be super uptight about that kind of thing. When I visited, to get into a lot of places you had to have your bag searched (Disneyland, and places like that).

If it's a busy, crowded subway, and someone refuses a search because they are indeed carrying something dangerous, having them remain in the subway is still unsafe. I don't know why you'd want to stay there if you've refused a search anyway - but if you were dangerous, turning you back out into the streets isn't really helping the situation. As breakboy said, you could just go to another subway. I don't think a bag search is a big deal, but I can't see how it's a really effective form of security.