I was thinking

• I was thinking

I know this is retarded, but I was thinking about facebook.. And how technology affects us in everyday life..

But on FB, I was thinking.. What if it was actually a government program set in to monitor as many people as possible in the world.. I know it sounds completely retarded, but what if.. What if this reality is not what it seems.. The government certainly has the means to control everyone... With the passing of the Patriot Act, this was certainly possible.. And it pretty much happened.. What if..
      "I'm gods lonely man"
    • Re: I was thinking

Control is an illusion. The government may think they have control, but there is only so much they can do. They can't control what you believe or what you do or who you see. They can prosecute you for committing a crime and that is about as far as it extends.
      Fact is, people go onto MySpace and Facebook and post all their personal details on it, but get pissed when that information is used. It states clearly in the Terms and Conditions that they are legally allowed to do so. So it is a risk people have to take. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to subscribe. You do it out your own free will and your own risk.
      Plus, I don't see what is the problem with it. Unless you have something to hide, I do not see what's the big issue. I don't think the government gives a shit if I like the band Mumford and Sons, if I liked the movie Milk or if I lost my virginity the night before.

dannym2326 wrote:

I think the likes of the Patriot Act and Digital Economy Act are great tools to prevent Islamic terrorism

It didn't prevent any terror attacks or what not.. We played right into Osama's hand, the whole point of terrorism is to invoke fear, and fuck they invoked some fear.. We feared of another attack so bad, that we're willing to give up our rights just to prevent another one..

Furthermore, after reading 1984 and all that jazz, I feel that there could be more to the picture than meets the eye.. But in reality , theres no way to tell.. All I can say is, power corrupts, and money can by anything.
      "I'm gods lonely man"

Facebook was created by a selfish person who wanted money...and more "friends".

At any rate, Treebark is kind of right. Terrorism is meant to invoke Terror, not just pure out kill. That's why they are winning. Guerilla tactics are working for them, and now they just forced us to leave.

But truthfully, walk around on the streets and ask people about it. If they aren't scared of a terrorist, present them with a situation. At any rate, there is a stereotype that has been driven into every American's skull (okay not every American).
      [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]They see me trollin'...they hatin'... Moderatin'...Tryna catch me writin dirty.[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

THUNDERSTRUCK wrote:

I never really understood the movement that suggests the government is out to get us. If you think about it, our government isn't as scary as say, China's.

yoouuuuuu dont know that, maybe its a big lie..

even so, this life style aint bad..

this topic was more of a "WHAT IFFF?" scenario..

it made more sense when i was stoned:nono:
      "I'm gods lonely man"