Big Sister Trouble

• Big Sister Trouble

This might be quite long but please bear with me and read it because I really need the help.

So I'm 16 and my sister is 25, shes a cop and seems to be super strict. My parents have moved country recently due to work commitments and will be staying out of the country next few years or so and only returning for holidays. Therefore I stay with my sister and she looks after me I suppose.

I'm finding it really difficult as they've been gone a few months now and she's having to change her role to basically a parent. Should she be doing that?

I really like to have my fun, go out and I drink sometimes, I cause a bit of trouble at school and generally she thinks I've changed and my attitude is bad towarrds her.

I loved her before my parents left as she'd offer support and look out for me but now shes disciplining me and she has all the control :(

Today she talked to me and she thinks that I need to respect her more and behave the same way I did before our parents left. So shes set some rules with curfew and times im allowed to go out with friends. Also she' taken my phone of me at times and she's always angry with me. The last two days shes been very "upset, angry and dissapointed" because she found out I went out and got drunk and she's a cop so it makes her angry. Shes threatened to take me to the station next time, would she really do this or just a threat?

Is this fair?

I'm finding it a bit annoying as I don't think she's too much older than me so why should she have so much control?

The post was edited 1 time, last by fishee ().

• Re: Big Sister Trouble

She's being realistic because she's a cop and has seen how all of the crap people do can hugely affect their lives in ways they didn't expect, or even end their life.

While people have differing opinions on drinking and getting drunk, she doesn't want you to do it because of how it negatively affects your state of mind. You might go driving and wreck, do something hurtful to you or someone else, or perform a complete reenactment of The Hangover. Your argument may be that you are in complete control of yourself while drunk, or you don't drive drunk, but your sister knows how things can turn for the worse and she's only trying to protect you because she cares about you. Plus you're drinking underage; you're lucky she lets you off so easy.

If you're getting in trouble at school and being disrespectful, I don't think you have a substantial argument saying your sister is unfair. If you were being respectful and behaving the same as you were before, she wouldn't have ever said anything about it. Obviously she has noticed a difference. Don't put her through too much stress. Cops already have hard jobs as it is and adding the parental responsibilities to her list of duties only adds to her list of responsibilities.

It's also very naive to say that she's not much older than you at 25 while you're 16. If I was 25, I would have completed 1 more year of high school than you, completed all 4 years of college, and probably would have been in my career field for 4 years already. That's 9 years of maturity she's gained, probably doing the same things as you were at your age. She knows more than you, especially as a cop, so respect that.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

She doesn't let me off lightly wth drinking..believe me. She went crazy last time and she's pretty scary.

Plus being threatened with getting taken to the station isnt that great as she dd pick me up in the police car last time and that was quite scary too.

I dont think she'll do it though!

I just don't enjopy spending time with her anymore, we used to have more fun , I suppose I didn't get in as much trouble though so she didn't have as much to worry about.

It's just not great fun, shes constantly on my case and i just dont like the thought of my sister being in control.

At the moment your sister is in charge of you so of course she's going to see it as her job to take care of you. I don't know where you live but I'm guessing it's illegal to get alcohol at your age and since she's a police officer she can get in more trouble seeing as she knows that you are doing it, She could have her job taken away in a worst case scenario so if I were her I would be angry.

In this situation she is the adult so, it probably is best to do as you are told. You can have fun with your friends without getting drunk.
      [SIZE=3]I am the Lady High Owner of the Universe.....AKA Lady flimslewipplekinklebottom the XII[/SIZE]