Damn these indecisive people... Help would be appreciated.

• Damn these indecisive people... Help would be appreciated.

Hello there. Sorry for the length...
      So I haven't posted on here for a while now... Things have been fairly quiet recently. It's all relative, though haha.

So, there is this girl at my school (E), who I have started to like recently. We've been friends since before summer (not best friends or anything, but friends) as she's good friends with one of my best friends. We talked at school and at the occasional party which we were both at.
      Since school started back after summer, though, it's been different. She was talking to me waay more than she ever did. For instance, if I were talking to a few other friends, she would leave her conversation with her really good friends and come over to talk to me. She would always say, "Hey ______!" And ask me how I was doing etc. She is very pretty and I get along well with her, so I went along with it until I had things figured out.
      This continued for about two weeks. She would call me over (also with a 'come here' motion with her finger for lack of a better description) just to say hey and talk to me after school when she was waiting for the bus or something.
      I found myself starting to like her. Now, my best friend who I got to know her through noticed these things and asked me about it. She said that her and E were talking about me, and that E said something along the lines of, "It was so cool, he was talking about how we've never hung out before, and that we should."
      As I live in Canada, there is a lot of hockey here haha. So me, her and a bunch of other people went to the local hockey game. We were talking a lot (pretty much the whole night), and some of the other people noticed and were talking about it. By now, she was always saying, "See ya guys. Bye _____!" When she had to leave for class or whatever, always referring to me by my name in addition to the other people in the group as well.
      The aforementioned events are up until the end of last week.
      Monday this week: "Hey____! How's it going etc... So when are we hanging out?" We sorted out a day (the next Monday). However, since then the 'hints' from her have markedly decreased... She wouldn't refer to me specifically, or call me over/come over just to say hey to me.
      I would say I'm pretty good at reading people... I'm pretty sure that she likes(ed) me. However, this last week has confused me somewhat. Maybe she didn't think I was interested or something? Maybe she lost interest suddenly..? She was being 'normal' on Monday of this week so it's not like there have been a couple of days without me to think things over...
      Any thoughts or opinions on this? I really want things to work out with her as I've been through a lot of nearly-but-not-quite 'situations' with people over the last year or so. Hopefully we're still hanging out Monday, although, she's camping over the weekend so I'll call or text her about it on Sunday. Maybe just see how that goes, and then go from there? Flirt with her then, send her some hints that I'm interested?
      Thanks,
      J
    • Re: Damn these indecisive people... Help would be appreciated.

Not to make light of your situation, but why is it that guys practically need a girl to write "I like you" on a billboard before you can figure it out? And then when you can't, SHE'S the one being indecisive?

Really, you already know that she is interested in you. Keep the perspectives of other people in mind, and remember that the world doesn't revolve around you. Maybe this girl is having a hard week, maybe there's something going on with her that doesn't center on talking to you. Try to think about these things before you second-guess yourself too much and come to the conclusion that she doesn't like you anymore just because there is a minor shift in her actions.

You have spent a lot of time talking about how she acts toward you, I'm curious how you are acting toward her, though. It's good to be mindful of the signals she's sending off to you, but at least as important is the signals you are sending to her. Instead of spending some much time trying to read into the signals she is giving you, make sure the signals that you are sending are absolutely clear. If you like her, then you should be letting her know you like her. Instead of waiting for her to wave you over to talk, why not wave her over to talk to you?

Stop overthinking this.

I agree with Jenna, i think she likes you man :)
      Maybe after two weeks she started to think that you didnt like her because you hadn't made a move and backed off a bit? But thats not to say she doesnt still like you!
      I say make a move, next time you two are talking about hanging out or something just say you where thinking it could just be the two of you?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Hmmm
      Well
      +1 to Jenna on that post.
      Secondly...time so salvage the situation. To be honest, I am kinda like you. I over think things, I analyze people, their movements, tone of voice...all subconsciously and honestly....it pisses me the hell off T__T
      Cause when there is change, positive or negative, I spend more time trying to analyze shit rather than acting on it.....it is a strength as well as a weakness.
      I say dont make the mistake we both usually do and act on it. If she expresses interest in you, hang out more. Just you and her, go for a walk in a park, it is a kick ass place to talk. If she likes you, it will reignite the "hope" for a relationship if she had one. Salvage the situation my friend, the longer you keep giving her the cold shoulder, the harder it will be to get her back...and I am talking in geometrical terms, not linear.
      The King of Mind-Fuck