Sick of being jealous, what to do?!?! :S

• Sick of being jealous, what to do?!?! :S

I'm jealous of this girl who's BFF with my BFF as well. It's a bit complicated, but I've known my best friend in 7 years now, but we only became like very very close BFF in two years, while this other girl has been BFF in 7 years and so. When I tell her secrets about her BFF and then regret it I be honest with her and tell her that I'm sure she's more closer to you but she says that we mean the same. We're together every singe day, and when we aren't we keep texting each other, it's like we are totally obsessed/in need with each other, and we have a blast and are crazy too. BUT when it comes to her other BFF I get jealous and think about if I'm ever good enough? I hate this feeling, but like when we three are together (I'm not good friends with her BFF) I don't say too much while these two are fooling around. I get so sad :( she's the only thing I have that is true! What should I do to stop feeling like this? & do I have the right to think so?
    • Re: Sick of being jealous, what to do?!?! :S

I think when you're in those situations where you feel like you might not be good enough, go through your text inbox and see how many texts you have from her. If she texts you all the time, it should be full of stuff from her. Just go through it and let it remind yourself that you are good enough, because now a days if you weren't, she wouldn't text you like that.

It's okay to feel a little jealous, it's understandable. A lot of people get that way, and friends are important in a teen's life, so it will come into play with friendships. Dealing with jealousy can be difficult, you have to be willing to let your feelings go, and just constantly remind yourself you really don't have anything to be jealous about. You have a great BFF, and she obviously likes hanging out with you too. So just think "So she has another friend, that doesn't mean I'm not her friend", because that's true.

When they're together and you're just sitting there, try and make an effort in being involved with them. Have you tried to make friends with her other BFF? If not, try it. You might find the three of you can make a great group of friends. If she's friends with this other person, she must have things in common with you as well since you're friends with her (Sorry if that last sentence sounded confusing). So if you feel left out, try and join in.

I hope this helps
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Also, try to look at things from her perspective too. She has been friends with this other girl for a lot longer than she's known you. That's a lot of history that they have together. If you look at it that way, then you are really the newcomer to their group that is already established, you need to integrate yourself into it. Attempting to set yourself separate from her other friends is only going to contribute to this sense of isolation that you feel. She obviously wants you as her friend, you can tell that just because...well...she's acting like she's your friend. :) But you are an addition to her circle of friends, not a replacement to them.

If you aren't good friends with her other friend, then you need to try to change that. Is there any reason you don't want to?

Gooeyswat wrote:

I think when you're in those situations where you feel like you might not be good enough, go through your text inbox and see how many texts you have from her. If she texts you all the time, it should be full of stuff from her. Just go through it and let it remind yourself that you are good enough, because now a days if you weren't, she wouldn't text you like that.

It's okay to feel a little jealous, it's understandable. A lot of people get that way, and friends are important in a teen's life, so it will come into play with friendships. Dealing with jealousy can be difficult, you have to be willing to let your feelings go, and just constantly remind yourself you really don't have anything to be jealous about. You have a great BFF, and she obviously likes hanging out with you too. So just think "So she has another friend, that doesn't mean I'm not her friend", because that's true.

When they're together and you're just sitting there, try and make an effort in being involved with them. Have you tried to make friends with her other BFF? If not, try it. You might find the three of you can make a great group of friends. If she's friends with this other person, she must have things in common with you as well since you're friends with her (Sorry if that last sentence sounded confusing). So if you feel left out, try and join in.

I hope this helps

Thank you alot!! It did help!! :D I'll try to stop feeling like this, 'cause there's no sign of that she cares more about her but yeah xD thank you again! :)