New vampire stuff that doesn't suck

• New vampire stuff that doesn't suck

My boyfriend and I were bored tonight so we just randomly picked a horror movie off netflix to watch. We ended up going with "Let the Right One In". It's a 2008 Swedish film subtitled in English. It's about a 12 year old boy who is an outcast that's constantly getting bullied in school. He befriends the girl who moves in next door to him, thinking that she's about the same age as him. As he later finds out, she's really a vampire. He takes to protecting her, and trying to keep her safe.

It's actually not that much horror at all, it's quite possibly one of the most beautiful movies I've ever watched. I loved it.
    • Re: New vampire stuff that doesn't suck

i watched let the right one in. I hated it to be honest, but i think it was mostly because i was with my friends and was thinking that we were in for a bloody horror. We knew nothing about the film when going into the cinema. Its a shame we had to watch the film with the wrong mindset.
      'King stays the King'

Absolutely. If you were looking for a real horror movie, this wasn't it. It was even listed as a horror in Netflix, probably by asshats who automatically see the work "vampire" and then automatically shrug and drop it on the horror list without bothering to look any further.

I saw "Let Me In" (the American remake) last weekend, and got around to watching the original yesterday. Surprisingly, the remake wasn't a disaster, although it swapped out the original's Scandinavian whimsy for a slightly darker take on the plot and more graphic horror scenes, although the two are so similar that often the lines are translated verbatim from the original Swedish. I would recommend seeing both if you can.

jenna wrote:

my boyfriend and i were bored tonight so we just randomly picked a horror movie off netflix to watch. We ended up going with "let the right one in". It's a 2008 swedish film subtitled in english. It's about a 12 year old boy who is an outcast that's constantly getting bullied in school. He befriends the girl who moves in next door to him, thinking that she's about the same age as him. As he later finds out, she's really a vampire. He takes to protecting her, and trying to keep her safe.

It's actually not that much horror at all, it's quite possibly one of the most beautiful movies i've ever watched. I loved it.

thats what she said